EBC GS > Hawk HP+

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 09:16 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
EBC GS > Hawk HP+

So I've run both of these pads now in the rear. It's been the same pads in the front (Rotora).

After much street driving and some time spent on the track, I can say that the Greenstuff pads are superior to the HP+ pads. Don't even bother with the Hawks, whether you just want some good street pads, or for the occasional track visits.

The Hawks have a relatively decent temperature threshold, but once it's reached, the braking power quickly diminishes. I almost went into a wall of tires at the end of a straightaway when they lost all braking power (in the rear). Same situation, with the Greenstuff, and it didn't happen. They don't lose the braking ability as quickly as the Hawks; it's more gradual and it gives you a little bit of warning. In other words, they are more predictable.

Just a FYI.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:29 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought green stuff pads last week and i need to find time to put them on. Im glad i made the right decision when i bought these pads.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:41 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
So I've run both of these pads now in the rear. It's been the same pads in the front (Rotora).

After much street driving and some time spent on the track, I can say that the Greenstuff pads are superior to the HP+ pads. Don't even bother with the Hawks, whether you just want some good street pads, or for the occasional track visits.

The Hawks have a relatively decent temperature threshold, but once it's reached, the braking power quickly diminishes. I almost went into a wall of tires at the end of a straightaway when they lost all braking power (in the rear). Same situation, with the Greenstuff, and it didn't happen. They don't lose the braking ability as quickly as the Hawks; it's more gradual and it gives you a little bit of warning. In other words, they are more predictable.

Just a FYI.
thats what ive said all along. the ebc is by far the best pad. they dont let go under heat. i was in the same situation and almost drove teh car into a wall at Road America with the axxis ultimates, where as teh ebc i never had a problem and was able to drive deaper into the corners before braking. they are the lowest dust of similar pads and by far out lasted the other pads ive used
Old 05-10-2006, 06:47 PM
Acura TLS are SLOW

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
When I first had the EBC Greens on my car, its was great! But when it broke in (after the first week), my brakes were not responsive at all. It had lost the aggresive initial bite and did not stop my car during slow cruisin speed(below 30 mph). A few times I almost rear ended the person in front of me. They were great for high speed stopping conditions after the pads were heat up. Althought i could only get about 2-3 60-0 mph stop before I lost all braking. I probably wont buy them again, and will be looking into Hawk HPS or HP plus pads since couple of my buddies run those pads with great results.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by MotionEffects
When I first had the EBC Greens on my car, its was great! But when it broke in (after the first week), my brakes were not responsive at all. It had lost the aggresive initial bite and did not stop my car during slow cruisin speed(below 30 mph). A few times I almost rear ended the person in front of me. They were great for high speed stopping conditions after the pads were heat up. Althought i could only get about 2-3 60-0 mph stop before I lost all braking. I probably wont buy them again, and will be looking into Hawk HPS or HP plus pads since couple of my buddies run those pads with great results.
they should not have acted like that. ive never had them loose any braking even after repeated 100+ stops. and they never were bad cold. they always had great bite and only got beter when warm
Old 05-10-2006, 09:07 PM
Acura TLS are SLOW

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fsttyms1
they should not have acted like that. ive never had them loose any braking even after repeated 100+ stops. and they never were bad cold. they always had great bite and only got beter when warm

Maybe I didnt break them in correctly. I just drove normal. I know on some pad, your suppose to stop harder progressively 30-0 MPH than 40-0 mph, 50-0 mph and so on.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by MotionEffects
Maybe I didnt break them in correctly. I just drove normal. I know on some pad, your suppose to stop harder progressively 30-0 MPH than 40-0 mph, 50-0 mph and so on.
thats only for maximum braking potential (bedding them in) its not necessary, just helps. the best is to take it easy on them for the first few hundred (what ebc recomends)