EBC Green Stuff

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 08:49 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EBC Green Stuff

Has any one tried EBC Green Stuff brake pads? Wondering how well they work and lalso how long the pads last.

Randy
Old 03-06-2003, 09:10 PM
boo

Those are the worse pads I 've ever put on. (Not on the TL) but my integra. They dont stop worth of shiat and they dust like a mother. I highly recommend factory OEM or AEM pads which are also made by the same company as OEM pads (nisin)sp
Old 03-06-2003, 11:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
i absolutly love the green stuff. they are alot better than the oem on the tl, they work really well when there hot, and alot less brake dust too
Old 03-07-2003, 10:45 AM
Racer

Old 03-07-2003, 12:15 PM
Flyin' and Drivin'

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
this was a total contradiction here! Now I dont know what to believe! I need new brakes too, but my dad had these installed, and I have no clue what he put on... all I know is that they need to re-do my rotors cause they're sucking like a mother right now!

-Ryan
'99 SSM TL
Old 03-07-2003, 09:22 PM
boo

Those green stuff are organic pads. They are not or dont contain metallic on them at all. When the rotors get hot, they dont grab for crap. They also claim it doesnt dust bad. Organic pads are the worst dusting brake pads.

EBC Reds are better. But those are recommended for the track, but I personally havent tried them. The Nissin pads from OEM or AEM are awesome. Axxis metallic pads are also great, but they will eat your rotors over time.

You guys can try the green stuff and see for yourself.

Old 03-07-2003, 10:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by benzo555
Those green stuff are organic pads. They are not or dont contain metallic on them at all. When the rotors get hot, they dont grab for crap. They also claim it doesnt dust bad. Organic pads are the worst dusting brake pads.

EBC Reds are better. But those are recommended for the track, but I personally havent tried them. The Nissin pads from OEM or AEM are awesome. Axxis metallic pads are also great, but they will eat your rotors over time.

You guys can try the green stuff and see for yourself.

well i guess i dont know any thing because i used on my civic for racing/street use, and i have them on my tl and i race it occasionaly too. and i dont mean drag racing. i race autocross and road course and i have fried every rotor i have ever used other than brembos and the green stuff pads bit hard on the rotors even when the rotors are glowing red. and yes the axxis pads are great but like you said they will eat your rotors, thats y i went with the greens. they are a very good brake pad. the reds arent very good for the typical driver and neither are the blacks.
Old 03-09-2003, 12:28 AM
boo

Originally posted by fsttyms1

well i guess i dont know any thing because i used on my civic for racing/street use, and i have them on my tl and i race it occasionaly too. and i dont mean drag racing. i race autocross and road course and i have fried every rotor i have ever used other than brembos and the green stuff pads bit hard on the rotors even when the rotors are glowing red. and yes the axxis pads are great but like you said they will eat your rotors, thats y i went with the greens. they are a very good brake pad. the reds arent very good for the typical driver and neither are the blacks.
wow wow! I dont mean to insult you at all man. Just stating my personal experiences with it. Everyone has good and bad experiences with things. I have personally tried many combos on my integra as well. Its just too bad the green stuff did not turn out well for me.
Old 03-09-2003, 06:22 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought that EBC green stuff was good...always see ads that they win awards and stuff.

Wanted to get them because they say it will have consistant braking even when hot....and that the material is kevlar....but after hearing negative reviews...i think i'll try somthign else.
Old 03-09-2003, 11:50 AM
Senior Moderator

i know a bunc of people using them ,my self included. from 2 maximas to a a couple integras and my tl and not one of us have had a problem, the ebc reds on the other hand are bad when there cold and they squeel alot.i would recomend having your rotors turned if you go with any thing other than oem replacement style though. i have over 50k on mine and they are doing good.
Old 03-09-2003, 01:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

I had AEM on my TL for 3 or 4 month, and love it so far.