Easiest Coilover to adjust?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2002, 08:46 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Easiest Coilover to adjust?

I was currently interested in purchasing the Tien coilovers. I was wondering which coilovers you guys suggest. I have to travel long distances on ( bumpy freeways ) weekdays to get to school, so I would like to be able to adjust the height for the weekends
so I can slam my car. I dont want to have to get on my knees
to adjust them. If you guys could give me some input I would appreciate it!
Old 05-29-2002, 11:33 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
All of them are pretty much the same when it comes down to height adjustment. Tein is testing a new seires of product where you can adjust the height via a bottom... but that's not coming out soon...

If I would you I would get the Tein anyhow... at least you can adjust teh stiffness on the fly...
Old 05-30-2002, 02:26 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL1200MK4: I replied to your post in the Type-S forums about the acknowledged incompatibility of the Tein EDFC system with the Tein SS coilovers for the TL and 98+ Accord.

Edroe: I would suggest the Teins myself. Mine are going to be installed on Friday. The Teins I believe are value priced now that Tein has a US office. Height adjustment, 16 way damping adjustment, and shock rebuildability for under a grand is a good deal in my book especially from a quality company.

I wouldn't suggest changing the ride height as often as you mention. Any time you change the height of your vehicle you change the suspension geometry and more often than not you throw off your alignment. You should get an alignment after every change in ride height be it swapping springs or taking the spanner wrench to the coilovers.
Old 05-30-2002, 04:46 AM
Drifting

Damn that would really suck.... for my friend at least...

cuz he's got the Tein and want to get the EDFC...

I wonder if there's any possible way to install it with some MINOR cutting and stuff...

and I guess I will have to broke the bad new to my friend...
Old 05-30-2002, 08:37 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by jimster716
SL1200MK4: I replied to your post in the Type-S forums about the acknowledged incompatibility of the Tein EDFC system with the Tein SS coilovers for the TL and 98+ Accord.

Edroe: I would suggest the Teins myself. Mine are going to be installed on Friday. The Teins I believe are value priced now that Tein has a US office. Height adjustment, 16 way damping adjustment, and shock rebuildability for under a grand is a good deal in my book especially from a quality company.

I wouldn't suggest changing the ride height as often as you mention. Any time you change the height of your vehicle you change the suspension geometry and more often than not you throw off your alignment. You should get an alignment after every change in ride height be it swapping springs or taking the spanner wrench to the coilovers.
oh and thanks for the info again...

alrite I admit I am a PW...