eaglite or polarg?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2003, 12:13 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eaglite or polarg?

i changed out my front turn signals with the Polarg M12 hyper whites but they're so out of match with the HIDs it aint funny...are the Eaglites brighter? looking at edgalang's pix they are a perfect match with his HIDs...

http://www.acurainspired.com/gallery...umName=albun25

those Eaglites are 27W and my Polargs are 35W...what gives?!?
any opinions?
Old 02-05-2003, 01:34 AM
Purchased: April 28, 2001

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: eaglite or polarg?

Originally posted by dee diddy
i changed out my front turn signals with the Polarg M12 hyper whites but they're so out of match with the HIDs it aint funny...are the Eaglites brighter? looking at edgalang's pix they are a perfect match with his HIDs...
those Eaglites are 27W and my Polargs are 35W...what gives?!?
any opinions?
The 27W & 35W values are measured when they are on full blast (i.e. when turn signals or hazards are on).

The Eaglites are 27/8W while the Polargs are 35/5W. I had the Polargs before I turned to Eaglite so I should know. Although the Polargs might be brighter when active, the Eaglites shine 60% brighter when passive.

I wouldnt waste any more money just to change them to Eaglite IMO. Let's be realistic, you can NEVER match the HID's with the corner bulbs. Reason why I got Eaglite in the first place was because I wanted the same brand of bulbs throughout the whole headlight housing and it was cheap as hell.
Old 02-05-2003, 01:45 AM
Pro

yes i agree but u got such a good match with the Eaglites...argh...i just randomly walked into some place and asked for hyper white bulbs and they only carry Polarg. i guess i shoulda done my research on diff brands b4 buying...damn. but then the Eaglites are inexpensive, so it wouldn't be a big deal for me to do a swap.
Old 02-05-2003, 02:03 AM
Purchased: April 28, 2001

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by dee diddy
yes i agree but u got such a good match with the Eaglites...argh...i just randomly walked into some place and asked for hyper white bulbs and they only carry Polarg. i guess i shoulda done my research on diff brands b4 buying...damn. but then the Eaglites are inexpensive, so it wouldn't be a big deal for me to do a swap.
True...but then again, I don't want you jumping through hoops just because of my digital camera. You do realize that I needed to keep the lens open longer to take some of those night pics. Here's one example of different light colors when I used a flash.

Old 02-05-2003, 02:06 AM
Pro

quick question ed...how easy or difficult was it to change out ur DRL/high beam lights? my manual has steps for "Replacing a Headlight Bulb" but it doesn't say if it's for the DRL/high or the HID lights. and something about high voltage still remaining in the circuit even after the car is off...that plus trying not to touch the bulb...almost sounds dangerous...or maybe i'm just paranoid.
Old 02-05-2003, 02:56 AM
Pro

Originally posted by edgalang

True...but then again, I don't want you jumping through hoops just because of my digital camera. You do realize that I needed to keep the lens open longer to take some of those night pics. Here's one example of different light colors when I used a flash.

ah yes ic...i guess i didn't look carefully enough when i was checking out your album. It's just that all the frontal shots of your car show the headlights being a uniform band or maybe your HIDs are so bright (are those stock or you swapped them for brighter ones?) it's giving that impression. When I looked at mine I was standing like 2 feet away. Maybe it looks different from afar...hmmm...