Dynotuned the TL this morning

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 04:50 PM
@ slide or die @

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dynotuned the TL this morning

I finally got around to dynoying the TL...mods: are i/h/p, -S TB and Vafc. Conditions: mid 80s (inside shop + fumes!), 180% humidity + rain, close to the ocean ~ sea level

anyways i have a huge *** headache from breathing fumes for 5hours (tuning friends TT 350z before mine) but here's the fist pull that made 148whp!!! yes, i know...the vafc had no settings (prob got reset during tranny job) explaining why my car felt so slow this past months.

second pull after a few "minor" A/F adjustments. 30hp difference.

in the end my '99 TL made 194.6whp and 18x.xlb trq at the second to last run for which i have no printout. total tuning time ~ 2.15 but i think it was a productive day taking into account my buddy made 39x.xwhp @ 15psi on an 8.5:1cr, mild cam'd 350z.

We had a hard time tunning the car right because the car being static and all the Intake Air Temp would raise like a mother and the car would go on limp mode but we got around it and also made my CAI into a SRI...Things we noticed: headers need heat wrapping ASAP (goes for you too!) aftermarket ones will head up the engine bay like crazy + the tuner guy ,who happens to have a CL-S, said i needed to free up the exhaust but i'm not a fan of loud cars so maybe a high flow cat will work??

comments appreciated on this once upon a time slowest TL ever!
what does a TL-S make stock?