Dying cuz of ACURA ADS

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2001, 05:11 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Dying cuz of ACURA ADS

i just saw the Sedona, Ariz one and then TLS SF one. then I saw the maxima one where it races to keep the sun up.

I'm so damn ASHAMED. can someone who knows someone please off the ad director at ACURA? PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

------------------
Some Said, "TL Type S," Soon They Will Say, "Wannabe TL-S." Laguna METALLIC, Navi, Side Cuts, Tint All Around, Interior Footwell Lighting, Eibach ProKit, PIAA 1700x Fogs custom cut into side holes, Inspire Tails, 17" Type-S Rims with 215/45/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE730's, Visor, Wood Shifter, Comptech Sways making me ride on rails...

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...026&Auth=false
Old 04-17-2001, 07:04 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hey.. I happen to like the acura ads just as well as the maxima ad everytime I hear the theme music, I stop to watch em the boston one with the clam chowder is good too . you have to realize, the ads are more suiting for our cars in their stock form whereas, the maxima ad fits whats intended for it too. that being said, I love the maxima ad a lot too. especially since I'm a fan of suzanne vega's tom's diner.
(thats the theme that you hear in case you didn't know)
Old 04-17-2001, 08:13 AM

Yeh, I LOVE that maxima commmercial. I didnt get it at first, but when I did, it was like, man, why cant acura think of crap like that. Cool song too. I downloaded it.
Old 04-17-2001, 09:30 AM
Racer

Yeah I must say that the Maxima ad, Seeing the sun set twice is pretty awesome commercial. When I saw that I thought why didn't Acura thought of that one. But still, the 2 last acura commercials are pretty cool. The date and the clam chowder commercial that is.

------------------

2001 3.2TL with Nav
Satin Silver Metallic
Factory Rear Wing Spoiler
Old 04-17-2001, 10:45 AM
Team Owner

Received 2,177 Likes on 1,194 Posts
Nissan has always had great commercials. They are geared towards enthuisiests while Acura's are geared toward the GP.
Old 04-17-2001, 01:49 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree, the Acura ads neeeeed a more spice to them. If not, at least a bit more variety. The music and owners doing things in them is ok but show something else that the cars can do.

Btw, I like the Nissan commercial for that new truck of theirs, where it crashes through a wall of glass and shatters it. That is a pretty badass commercial IMO.
Old 04-17-2001, 07:23 PM
Burning Brakes

one more time. IT SUCKED!!!!!!!!! not even an engine sound. the much was soft. no wonder why we have no respect...

------------------
Some Said, "TL Type S," Soon They Will Say, "Wannabe TL-S." Laguna METALLIC, Navi, Side Cuts, Tint All Around, Interior Footwell Lighting, Eibach ProKit, PIAA 1700x Fogs custom cut into side holes, Inspire Tails, 17" Type-S Rims with 215/45/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE730's, Visor, Wood Shifter, Comptech Sways making me ride on rails...

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...026&Auth=false
Old 04-17-2001, 11:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Remember the key to commercials is playing cool or mainstream music along with the commercial. That is really appealing. When Nissan played Lenny Kravit's FLY AWAY for the new XTERRA, although I do not like that truck, I thought it would be cool to have one! :-)

Acura commercials are geared towards more older people, so maybe that is why you see all the beatiful scenery and nothing too wild.

I liked those old Nissan Commercials with the old Asian guy and the DOGS LOVE TRUCKS motto. Dog owner here too.

Old 04-17-2001, 11:58 PM
Racer

The Acura commercials are not bad. They always have some cool jazz music playing in the back ground. I guess it's because they sponsor the jazz festival. But the Nissan commercials kick a$$. They pick the best songs for there adds, The Maxima one with The Who playing is the best one.

------------------
00TL with Nav
Old 04-18-2001, 02:25 AM
Safety Car

I don't even watch TV, I have no clue what you're talknig about. So if they suck, I guess I'm not missing anything, huh?

------------------
Nate's ride 2001 Silver TL, non-navi, 19"x8.0" +47 Alstadt IVs w/ Yokohama AVS Sport 235/35YR19, SuperCrystal lug nuts, Inspire wood steering wheel & tails, 2 burlwood dash kits & shift knob, TL-S AC trim, Alumapro BP-10 & ZX400TI Phoenix Gold, Python 1500 ESP (remote start, all windows up & down, sunroof closes, prox, etc), blue alarm LEDs, factory spoiler & body kit, AEM SRI, Mugen grill, Comptech sways, springs & exhaust, black chrome emblems, Apex'i V-AFC, Solaris 9005 high beams.

Thursday: custom V-AFC install
2 weeks: crossdrilled rotors, Metal Master brake pads
Ordered today: Comptech headers, iridium spark plugs
------------------
"Deadly to the eyes, worth seeing."
Old 04-18-2001, 02:28 AM
Pro

The ABSOLUTE BEST tv commercial i EVER saw was for ACURA. I don't know if you guys remember, it was about a year ago, where Acura came up with their "Engineering is Our Art" commercial. It is inspirational, motivational, and pursuasive...makes you want to stand up and go buy an Acura. You can check this ad out at www.adcritic.com search for "Acura" and click on "Engineering is our art"
Old 04-18-2001, 05:19 AM
Burning Brakes

I haven't seen the latest Maxima commercial, but I noticed something funny about nearly every other recent Nissan commercial. They always seem to show their cars/trucks skidding and hydroplaning on a wet track. Since when was hydroplaning a desireable quality in a car? Maybe Nissan tires are even cheaper than the ones that come with our Acuras.

I think the recent Acura commercials with just a little dialogue at the end are cool. Commercials with no dialogue at all, just don't speak to me.

------------------
'01 TL with Navi
Naples Gold Metallic
Wings West custom 2-leg spoiler wing
Solar Gard Titanium Tint 43 all around.
Cuzo Hyperwhite hi beams.
Acura logo tire valve stem caps.
Old 04-18-2001, 02:24 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by bebber:
They always seem to show their cars/trucks skidding and hydroplaning on a wet track. Since when was hydroplaning a desireable quality in a car? Maybe Nissan tires are even cheaper than the ones that come with our Acuras.
Uncontrolled hydroplaning is definitely unwanted but a controlled skid is quite nice and demonstrates a more 'volatile' and 'active' image of the car. That is why, in my book and perhaps in many others, that commercial fits the maxima better than say an acura. As for WHY a controlled skid seems more 'cool' to many people? heck if I know, it just LOOKs cool .. blame it on the old car chase movies and RidgeRacer 4 skid cars.

Old 04-18-2001, 03:55 PM
Racer

i agree.. acura commercials suck .. at the end of the commercial it never makes me thing "i want it" .. rather .. "wtf??" they're boring and pointless IMO.. sorta "if you're in a daze and have just come back froma yoga class, buy an acura"

the nissan commercial is very cool w/ the sun setting.. one funny thing, the truck commercial they have (i forget for which one, but you see it sliding across mud and such).. if you look closely, you can see all the body panels bending and flexing.. kinda makes u thin the truck is about to break in half. pretty funny

------------------
-Fiddler
Creator - Voice Recognition Unit
1998 Accord EX V6 Coupe (HomePage)
Old 04-18-2001, 05:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

The New Q ad demonstrating the voice activation was pretty cool..."lights green..."

But yeah, Acura ads don't appeal to me either.

------------------
'00 White Diamond Perl w/Nav
WW Spoiler, Comptech Exaust, Rear Comptech Sway bar, H&R OE Sport Springs, AEM CAI, Inspire Tails, Inspire Interior footwell lighting
Old 04-18-2001, 05:27 PM
Cruisin'

I like the TL commercial where theres like 5 guys dressed in black suits and sunglasses, and they a running by the TL like a security team, and MC Hammers "Cant Touch This" is playing. I think it was in '99.
Old 04-18-2001, 09:54 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

I don't think it is limited to Acura commercials. I just saw the new Civic commercial with the newlywed couple in the red civic going to their hotel and the guy doesn't stop. Well anyway, that has jazzy music playing while they are driving and some short dialouge at the end but nothing really appealing.

I think we'll see more of these to come if Honda decides to stay with their current advertising agency. But hey, Honda sells sooo many that they probably can advertise anything they want and still sell like a mofo!