Dyed Inspire Steering Wheel!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2001, 09:46 PM
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Dyed Inspire Steering Wheel!

Recently AC was kind enough to sell me his Inspire steering wheel... in all my excitment over the deal I forgot to ask what color his interior is! Imagine my surprise after opening the package to find the wheel is brown! Doh!

So I took it to a place called Interior Renovations and had them dye the leather black. Cost me $100 but they did some color matching (I let them borrow a headrest). The leather in our TLs isn't really black, its more a shade of grey. Anyway, the wheel came out great! I'm getting it installed by Acura for $56 (same price as getting an MDX wheel installed) when I go in on the 10th for my first oil change.

This was the first mod I ever wanted to do and finally I get to have it! Thanks AC!! You the man!!!

------------------
2001 Silver TL, non-navi, Alumapro BP-10, ZX400TI Phoenix Gold, Python 1500 ESP (remote start, all windows up & down, sunroof closes, prox, etc), burlwood dash kit & shift knob, factory spoiler & body kit, Inspire tails, Polarg M-12 front signals, super bright blue alarm LEDs, Mugen grill w/ custom mesh, AEM short ram intake, Comptech sways.
------------------
"Every man dies, not every man lives."
Old 02-01-2001, 11:08 PM
Pro

Nate,

I am very intrigued by this. How did you find that place (where should I look for that type of place)? I have the fern interior and don't want to wait to order the correct color, but if I get a wheel from the dealer......

Thanks, and post pics man!!

------------------
'99TL Laguna Green
Burlwood shift knob and full woodgrain kit w/ custom glove box
Custom grill

Coming soon: 18's!!
Old 02-01-2001, 11:50 PM
Safety Car

I called a bunch of leather places. Most were of no help, but one that dealt with mainly furniture gave me the cell number of the guy at Interior Renovations. He does all sorts of auto interior work. I guess call around, I can give you this guys number if you'd like.

I talked to him about taking the leather off and putting new on (or using the leather from the stock wheel). I was thinking of getting an MDX wheel and swapping the nasty perforated leather. But he said it takes about 8 hours and he'd charge around $500 to do it!

Will post pics asap! Don't have a camera though so may be a while.