Dvd/cd/dvd Recordable/mp3

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 10:18 PM
Kam
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dvd/cd/dvd Recordable/mp3

Hey guys, did a thread on the audio and electronics section but no response so that's why I am trying this one.
I am going to order the TV/NAVI Conversion kit from AV Electronics but I was wondering if you guys know of any DVD player that will play everything including MP3 and the name of the song, singer and info will show on the screen.
I spoke with AV Electronics today and he claims that his changer will do this, but his single DVD player will only show partial titles.
Question: Can anyone recommend a single player that will do all this? And do you guys think I should get the changer or the single.
Please give all your input including prices, brand any reviews and your opinions. I tried doing a search but I had little luck in finding what I was looking for.

Please HELP...

Thanks Kam.
Old 06-20-2003, 09:54 AM
Kam
Advanced

Okay I did some research on my own and found a few brands out there. Have you guys heard of power ascoustics, or farahanheit. I checked under www.crutchfield.com and found a few there.
The changer ( the more I think of it sounds better but it like $500-$1000).
I was also reading about an optional digital sound processor to get DOLBY or DTS or 5.1 surround what is involved in this and is it compatable with our navi using the TV/NAVI conversion kit from AV electronics.

Thanks for any more input.
Old 06-20-2003, 10:14 AM
Instructor

I have heard of Power Acoustics my roommate in college had a PA amp in his Teg and it lasted forever (still going after 3 years) and never gave him a problem.

As for the 5.1 not sure if it's compatable, but to truely take advantage of all 5 channels you'll need to add another speaker to the setup since we only have 4 speakers and a sub (4.1). Also correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the 5th speaker (the center channel) must be mounted in the front some where, not sure of a convenient place to do so. There might be a place to put it in the dash where the window meets the dash in the midddle, then again I have yet to rip apart the dash.

Just my 2 cents

-hoops
Old 06-20-2003, 10:53 AM
Kam
Advanced

Thanks, now what about the display when an MP3 is playing? Is it going to show the title and stuff or just partial listing. Just because I like to get a player that would show all not just partial.
Does anyone know of any?

Oh for that fifth speaker, has anyone undergone this mod???

kam.