Does anyone know the lemon laws for Califorina?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2002, 12:59 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know the lemon laws for Califorina?

I'm wondering if folks who have had tranny problems can use the
Califorina lemon law to help them out? I think it goes something like if the vehicile fails three times for the same problem you can return the vehicile and get some kind of compensation I may be wrong on some part of this. I have not had tranny problems with my 03 knock on wood but it could happen to me. I am very dissapointed makes me think I should have spent the extra money for a Lexus I boulght this car based on the experence my mom had with her accord 300k miles and oils changes, brakes
fluids and shocks only!

-Norcalsguy

Founds this though:

http://www.californialemonlawattorneys.com/
Old 09-12-2002, 04:28 PM
Instructor

Here's California:
http://autopedia.com/html/LemonLaw/CA_lemonlaw.html

Here's a list of all states:
http://autopedia.com/html/HotLinks_Lemon2.html
Old 09-12-2002, 07:31 PM
Advanced

Thanks for the info eggbert

-Norcalsguy
Old 09-25-2002, 12:59 PM
2nd Gear

I reponded to another of your postings, but thought I should respond directly to this one regarding California Lemon Law...
My husband & I hassled with Acura since our 2000 TL started showing transmission issues at 10,000 miles. After they gave us the "ULEV" excuse over and over (not even documenting our repair requests), we finally got them to replace the transmission after riding with a Technician ourselves. We eventually took them to Lemon Law Arbitration. The Better Business Bureau handled it for the State of California. And per California Law, any issue that significantly decreases the safety or value of the car constitutes a Lemon. Our key point was that Acura installed a REMANUFACTURED transmission which we must now disclose when we sell the car. Also, the "new" transmission is showing the same early signs of doing the same thing (premature/erratic shifting, gear float/grinding in 3rd gear). Because our car had been out of Service for more than 25 days for ALL issues, the Dealership had been given ample opportunities to repair the transmission but gave us excuses ("thats' how ULEV's shift?!") and our resale value is now in the toilet - they found for us and ordered Acura to either replace the car or buy it back form us. We are getting back EVERY penny we have put out - including the interest we have paid on our loan the last two years. I strongly encourage anyone who's had a tranny replaced to contact your local BBB and attempt a Lemon Law Arbitration Hearing yourself. You don't need a Lawyer - you can represent yourself. The extended warranty Honda/Acura is now offering is not going to increase your resale value - word is already out to avoid these vehicles! Although we love the car otherwise, I wouldn't buy one used! We're taking the cash from Honda and buying an Accord that's from an uneffected year!
Good luck to all who try the Lemon Law Arbitration!! We're proof that the system actually worked (for a change).