DMV said they are gonna suspend my license.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2001, 10:09 PM

Unhappy DMV said they are gonna suspend my license.

After i had my accident my insurance company told me that they would take care of all the paper work and that i didn't need to do anything with the DMV, well today i get a letter from the DMV saying that i never showed them proof of insurance after i had my accident. My insurance company told me they were gonna take care of it. Apparently they didn't. Well, the letter said my license will be suspended march something. That really bites, because i had insurance and all, and now i have to go down to DMV and talk to the people there who don't really have the IQ of a normal person.

(no offense but DMV has not been good to me and my family.)
Old 02-20-2001, 10:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dude, even if they do suspend, you should have a chance to appeal within 10 days in writing... If you write them a letter telling them you are a student and work full time they will have some leaniancey(screwed that word up)...

Shyne--Advice givin 24-7 at tha 7-11 ...
Old 02-20-2001, 10:40 PM
Wow only on my 2nd tranny

Talking

I know what you mean about the DMV, but it seems to me they are much, much better than they used to be.

Three suggestions.

1. Try not to go to a DMV that is ALWAYS a zoo. I've had good luck with Torrance and Santa Monica. Pasadena = Very Bad.

2. Find out what time the DMV opens in the morning and show up (without an appointment)about 20 minutes before that time. This is faster than having an appointment.

3. Start from scratch with these folks, smile like an enlightened being who has all the time in the world. The people who work there (like most people) can really help you out, if you don't come across like you think they are evil morons.
Old 02-21-2001, 06:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

don't let them play w/ you...tell them to shove it...J/K....

------------------
Mugen exhaust
now ordering AEM short ram
Old 02-21-2001, 06:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

I forgot what the form name was, but there is a form that you can fill out and prove that you were indeed insured for that period of time. Try what Water Rabbit said bring along that proof of insurance. And don't forget to b!tch at your insurance company.

------------------
'00 White Diamond Perl w/Nav
Wings West Spoiler
Comptech Exaust
Rear Comptech Sway bar
AEM CAI
Old 02-21-2001, 07:07 PM
OG

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
The form is called SR-1, financial responsibility form. Who is your insurance company? What I would do if I were you is to call the manager of the claims officer of your insurance company, and have the manager deal with the situation. Tell them you will get your license suspended because they did not do their job.

------------------
Honda-Acura.net TL Forum Moderator.

1999 Silver with factory body kit, spoiler and burlwood instrument cluster and shift knob. Joshua Tree Wood dash kit. Hella air horns. Tint all around. Razo competition pedals. MOMO Sport 18"X7.5" with 225/40ZR Pirelli P7000SS. Weapon-R intake. Comptech springs, exhaust and headers. Inspire Tailights, homemade ram-air and Polarg M-12 front turn signals. Comptech front and rear sway bar. Axxis Metal Master front and rear pads.

My AcuraTL Homepage

NEW: '01 Acura MDX Silver Premium

Front 35% tinted windows. Running boards. Roof rack. Tailgate deflector. Moonroof visor. Rear mud guards. Razo premium white headlight bulbs. Matriz ion yellow fog light bulbs(courtesy of Snook). More to come later......

Acura-MDX.com Forum Moderator

Old 02-21-2001, 07:15 PM

My insurance company is Farmers insurance company. I called sacramento (main california DMV office) and they told me they will sent me the form. Thanks for your help. You guys are great.

ps. I had to try 23 times to get through to an operator.