Ditched the Zaino and went w/ Klasse..

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2002, 08:29 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ditched the Zaino and went w/ Klasse..

I was looking into these two detailing products and I know that I'll get flames up my a$$ for doing this, but I decided to go w/ Klasse. Bought a kit for $40 (16.9 oz. of Klasse All-In-One, 16.9 oz. of Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze, and two micro-fiber applicators)

I dont think I can devote alot of time into this process, and from reading up on Klasse and it's a fairly good product w/ not as much effort.

I'm not an expert at this stuff, but what do you guys think about the product and the deal ?
Old 04-23-2002, 09:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

Zaino is very easy to apply.

It seems that the Klasse "kit" is not any less complex than Zaino.
Old 04-23-2002, 09:28 PM
Burning Brakes

hm...im new to this...wuts the Zaino and Klasse for? wut does it do for ur car?
Old 04-23-2002, 09:39 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by WiLz
hm...im new to this...wuts the Zaino and Klasse for? wut does it do for ur car?
Car waxing process...
Old 04-23-2002, 10:04 PM
Instructor

I spent way too much time waxing my car with Zaino's two-step process this weekend. Zaino did not wipe off as easily as advertised, and left residue. However, it did wipe off of the rubber gaskets more easily than any other product I have used, leaving no discoloration.

I went through Zaino like sh!t through a goose. $12 for each 8 oz. bottle? Please. You get maybe four waxes.

I'll continue to use Zaino until my current supply is gone and then decide if it's really worth it. Perhaps I need to apply it a quarter panel at a time just like any other wax. Perhaps it should not be used in sunlight, contrary to the directions. I don't know, the jury's still out.

A friend of mine is using Griot's Garage with a buffer on his Honda Accord EX coupe with miraculous results. His years of poor car care wiped away in an afternoon.
Old 04-23-2002, 10:57 PM
Team Owner

Originally posted by R Man
Zaino did not wipe off as easily as advertised, and left residue......I went through Zaino like sh!t through a goose. $12 for each 8 oz. bottle? Please. You get maybe four waxes.
You just told us your problem.
If you’re only getting FOUR applications out of one bottle you are putting it on WAY too thick.
A bottle of Z-2 or Z-5 should be good for at LEAST 8 to 10 applications.

Go back and read the “FAQ”, “Tips & Tricks” and “Application Guide” on the ZAINO website and you will learn the right way to apply it.

With a bottle of Z-2 and the new ZFX “quick dry” additive I can wax and wipe down the entire car in a little over an hour.

After the first application, additional coats take no longer to do then any other WAX product.

Shawn S
Old 04-23-2002, 11:33 PM
jps
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, it does not get much easier than Zaino! Shawn S has a point on the thickness of the application.

Nevertheless, Klasse is an excellent product also so I think personal taste is going to be the deciding factor. It is at least as much work to apply/remove as Z.
Old 04-23-2002, 11:50 PM
Instructor

i've been using klasse for about a year and its grrrrrrrrrrrreat!

len
Old 04-24-2002, 12:16 AM
Having Fun?

Yah, when I was looking into Zaino vs Klasse I got too confused with all the Z'sss, Z this Z that... I just wanted to get a nice looking car

With klasse AIO, wipe it on, wipe it off. Now that was something even my lazy ass could do, hehe
Old 04-24-2002, 06:56 AM
Banned

Originally posted by copland007
Yah, when I was looking into Zaino vs Klasse I got too confused with all the Z'sss, Z this Z that... I just wanted to get a nice looking car
Ditto......I'm sure the process is easy, maybe they just need to word it in a way where users wont be intimidated by it.

Cop, you have any pics of your car after you used Klasse?
Old 04-24-2002, 07:34 AM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I bought the same kit a few months ago after using Zaino for 1-1/2 years. Klasse is slightly easier to put on and even easier to take off without needing as many layer Zaino. Klasse looks better(deeper, richer and has more clarity) on dark cars and Zaino works better with lighter cars,IMO.
Old 04-24-2002, 09:39 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Brewboy
I bought the same kit a few months ago after using Zaino for 1-1/2 years. Klasse is slightly easier to put on and even easier to take off without needing as many layer Zaino. Klasse looks better(deeper, richer and has more clarity) on dark cars and Zaino works better with lighter cars,IMO.
So you think the Klasse will be ok for my ABP?
Old 04-24-2002, 10:07 AM
Having Fun?

Originally posted by bloo_tls02
Cop, you have any pics of your car after you used Klasse?
You want pics, oh ya, I got pics
This has to be my favorite klasse shot:

More photos here: Detailing shots...
Old 04-24-2002, 11:08 AM
Banned

All I see is shine.....looks good to me.
You just use one coat of the glaze?
Old 04-24-2002, 01:00 PM
Having Fun?

Originally posted by bloo_tls02
All I see is shine.....looks good to me.
You just use one coat of the glaze?
Two coats of AIO and 2 coats of sealant
Old 04-24-2002, 02:15 PM
Banned

Originally posted by copland007

Two coats of AIO and 2 coats of sealant
Two of each huh.....and that's not overkill? I guess it's ok since you're only doing it every couple of months.
Old 04-24-2002, 02:31 PM
Banned

Woah, am I hearing this right? You actually left Residue with Zaino?! I have been using Zaino for 4 yrs now, and will not switch back to anything else. It is easy to apply, it doesn't REQUIRE thick coats to be put on, to do its job, which it sounds like you used way to much and didn't read the instructions properly. Zaino will out last any wax I had used from store bought to ordered (yes Klasse as well).

Originally posted by R Man
I spent way too much time waxing my car with Zaino's two-step process this weekend. Zaino did not wipe off as easily as advertised, and left residue. However, it did wipe off of the rubber gaskets more easily than any other product I have used, leaving no discoloration.

I went through Zaino like sh!t through a goose. $12 for each 8 oz. bottle? Please. You get maybe four waxes.

I'll continue to use Zaino until my current supply is gone and then decide if it's really worth it. Perhaps I need to apply it a quarter panel at a time just like any other wax. Perhaps it should not be used in sunlight, contrary to the directions. I don't know, the jury's still out.

A friend of mine is using Griot's Garage with a buffer on his Honda Accord EX coupe with miraculous results. His years of poor car care wiped away in an afternoon.
Old 04-24-2002, 03:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by SilverBulletCLS
Woah, am I hearing this right? You actually left Residue with Zaino?! I have been using Zaino for 4 yrs now, and will not switch back to anything else. It is easy to apply, it doesn't REQUIRE thick coats to be put on, to do its job, which it sounds like you used way to much and didn't read the instructions properly. Zaino will out last any wax I had used from store bought to ordered (yes Klasse as well).

Yeah, I'd have to agree. Grilliots has great products, but it comes down to
the same thing. Carnauba is carnauba. It looks great and brings out deep
color, but it just doesn't last. I was a wax die hard guy, but Zaino is just
worlds easier. Maybe a bit longer on the initial application, but the weekly
washes are MUCH easier with no imbedded stains. Tar and grease and
oil marks wipe off so easily compared to wax. I'll have to give Klasse a try,
but there's definately no going back to carnauba for me.
Old 04-24-2002, 08:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
I just put some trial Klasse on half of my trunl lid today and did the other half with Finish First. So far I think Im gonna sell the Klasse and stick with the FF. I went with one coat AIO, followed by 2 coats SG on half the trunk, and 3 coats of FF on the other half. Heres what I found so far

Application :- FF went on and off 10x easier
Reflectivity/Shine :- Pretty damn close, IMHO too close to call, Id rate them equal.
Uniformity :- After all the bufing and extra work of the Klasse it still gave me slightly hazey patches/blotchiness. Not happy with that at all. FF was nice and even
Beading:- the FF gave much finer beading than the Klasse did when sprayed with water
Slickness:- FF was hands down the winner in this one, Klasse is slick, but not as slick as FF.

The only thing left for me to check on is durability, but below is a pic of my car from 2 weeks ago. The last coat of FF it got was before the winter in November almost 6 months ago. Only washes in between. So the durability is pretty good with the FF, doubt it will be much better with the Klasse. I'll probaly strip & clay the trunk again, and then redo the whole car with FF in a few weeks.
I have been using it for 6+ years now, and in all that time I cant count how many coats I put on with the 3 cars I have used it on, and I am only nearing the end of my 2nd bottle. A little goes a long way. I wanted to see what Klasse was like, gave good results, but I still like FF better.
Old 04-24-2002, 08:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Not bad for 3 coats of FF put on almost 6 months ago huh??
Old 04-25-2002, 08:46 AM
No, you are a dork.

Not bad i guess....but keep this in mind....unless you go mudbogging with your TL-S......a picture from 50 feet or even 10 feet doesnt show squat, except for the fact that you take decent care of your car..ok, its shiny....great. wow that FF must be WAY better than everything else.....

It all becomes personal preference....I like Zaino, you like FF, bloobird likes Klass...they are all decent products, but in the long run we will know which one shines.......
Old 04-25-2002, 09:57 AM
Advocatus Diaboli

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is there anywhere you can go in the tri-state area that will do a good waxing job for you? Since I leave my car in a commercial lot, I can't wax it on my own, there just isnt any space.
Old 04-25-2002, 11:17 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Laurelcrest
Is there anywhere you can go in the tri-state area that will do a good waxing job for you? Since I leave my car in a commercial lot, I can't wax it on my own, there just isnt any space.
I wouldnt rust anyone w/ it. If I fvck it up, I have no one to blame except myself.
Old 04-25-2002, 11:42 AM
Team Owner

There are TWO kind of people that wax.
Those that use ZAINO, and those that are wrong.

Shawn S
Old 04-25-2002, 01:50 PM
No, you are a dork.

Originally posted by Shawn S

Shawn S
Ditto.
Old 04-25-2002, 01:53 PM
9th Gear

Originally posted by Shawn S

Shawn S
Id re-phrase that . ..

there are two kinds of people that wax . .
those that polymer seal their car - and those that are wrong

Im now running and ducking . . . . new guy and all . ..
Old 04-25-2002, 02:47 PM
Full-Time IDIoT---DoH!!!

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Ok guys, which wax would work better on a white car? Rite know I'm doing the three step Meguair process, but it doesn't leave the car as slick as I would like it. Also, is the Zaino a lot more reflective then Meguairs gold class wax? Thnx
Old 04-25-2002, 03:07 PM
No, you are a dork.

Originally posted by unsure
Ok guys, which wax would work better on a white car? Rite know I'm doing the three step Meguair process, but it doesn't leave the car as slick as I would like it. Also, is the Zaino a lot more reflective then Meguairs gold class wax? Thnx
I have the White Diamond Pearl TL-S and absolutely love Zaino....all you really need is the Z-1 and Z-2 after removing the current buildup with a good washing mixutre of dawn detergent....you will especially love the longevity.....

d
Old 04-25-2002, 04:32 PM
dj5
Burning Brakes

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally posted by unsure
I have been using Zanio since purchasing my black TL-S since July last year. I did the whole routine, Dawn, clay, z1, z2, z6. I usually do the z2, z6 every other weekend.

Last week I ran out of Zanio and switched back to my supply of Mequiars. Would have to say that the Mequiars put a deeper glosser shine to my car. I will continue to use my supply of Meguiars and may or may not go back to Zanio when my Meguiars
supply is gone.

Also used the Zaino on my wife's silver Odyssey. With silver, it's really hard to tell the difference between Mequairs and Zaino.

Zanio is good but it's not all that folks build it up to be. By the way, I am anal about detailing my car. Always hand washed and waxed and only by me.
Old 04-25-2002, 08:35 PM
No, you are a dork.

Originally posted by dj5

With silver, it's really hard to tell the difference between Mequairs and Zaino.

No it's not....give it two months..
Old 04-25-2002, 10:14 PM
Racer

Haven't any of you guys ever heard of Pinnacle?

When you figure out what the real deal is, let me know.
Old 04-25-2002, 10:47 PM
Advanced

what the f*** is Pinnacle??????????
Old 04-25-2002, 10:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by daryl.com
ok, its shiny....great. wow that FF must be WAY better than everything else.....

It all becomes personal preference....I like Zaino, you like FF, bloobird likes Klass...they are all decent products, but in the long run we will know which one shines.......
In my opinion I'll stick with FF. Like you said its subjective and your opinion carries no more weight than mine, but sarcasm such as yours is funny coming from a Zaino Zealot.

Pinnacle makes a very nice line of car care products from hand glazes to leather care. Goes on nice and quick and is an absolute breeze to apply. Goes on like you'd imagine warm butter would. Buff on, and buff right off, no need for it to even dry. Its pricey, but it gives great results; although short lived. The big plus though is that is goes on so quick and so smooth. It can be done by hand and the entire car after being washed can be done in minutes literally. Great stuff to use during the Summer.
Old 04-26-2002, 02:14 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mr Hyde what is FF and can it be purchased at a auto zone or something??? I just hate to pay shipping 4 anything
Old 04-26-2002, 08:53 AM
No, you are a dork.

Originally posted by Mr Hyde

In my opinion I'll stick with FF. Like you said its subjective and your opinion carries no more weight than mine, but sarcasm such as yours is funny coming from a Zaino Zealot.

Pinnacle makes a very nice line of car care products from hand glazes to leather care. Goes on nice and quick and is an absolute breeze to apply. Goes on like you'd imagine warm butter would. Buff on, and buff right off, no need for it to even dry. Its pricey, but it gives great results; although short lived. The big plus though is that is goes on so quick and so smooth. It can be done by hand and the entire car after being washed can be done in minutes literally. Great stuff to use during the Summer.
Hmm...it's pricey, but goes on quick and doesnt last long...and you wonder why i like Zaino.....? It's NOT pricey, goes on quick and DOES last a long time.....Seems like a no-brainer.
Old 04-26-2002, 10:31 AM
Three Wheelin'

there is a dyslexic in every car forum

someone always manages to call Zaino "ZanIO", in every discussion about Zaino that I have seen.
Old 04-26-2002, 10:45 AM
Retired Post Whore

Zaino owns you all!
Old 04-26-2002, 12:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by daryl.com

Hmm...it's pricey, but goes on quick and doesnt last long...and you wonder why i like Zaino.....? It's NOT pricey, goes on quick and DOES last a long time.....Seems like a no-brainer.
Hehehe Thats why I like FF, its way cheaper than all the Zaino steps, goes on much easier, and lasts a damn long time also. So much for being a no- brainer huh??? Like you said its all personal preference.

Actually Pinnacle goes on much quicker, with two steps, buff on and buff off immediately. Theres no curing at all. Wash your car put some on and take it right back off without waiting for anything. Cant say the same for FF or Zaino, but I trade that ease for the longevity just like you do. At any major car show like A Grand Concours event, most of the top guys use Pinnacle products, they are that good.

FF is only an online/distributor deal just like Zaino, cant get it at stores. Check here www.finishfirstpolish.com
Old 04-26-2002, 03:43 PM
The "old" guy

Originally posted by OhioCLS6
what the f*** is Pinnacle??????????
......cheap golf balls........
Old 04-26-2002, 03:48 PM
Instructor

For daryl.com Zaino works better than Viagra.

lawman

Quick Reply: Ditched the Zaino and went w/ Klasse..