For DC/MD/VA Folks, need dealership recommendations.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2001, 02:02 PM
Prez & GC, .Net

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post For DC/MD/VA Folks, need dealership recommendations.

Any recommendations on dealerships that you can get good deals for the TL-S?

So far I've only looked at the Acura dealer in Gaithersburg, MD. Haven't hit Tysons Corner area yet.

Thanks for any info.

Dizzy
Old 03-30-2001, 02:47 PM
Advanced

Check out Radley Acura in Falls Church and Woodbridge, VA. I've heard a lot of good things about them. I got mines from Pohanka Acura in Centreville, VA.
Old 03-30-2001, 03:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You already went to ROSENTHAL ACURA in Gaithersburg thats my DEALERSHIP.

------------------
2000 3.2TL Nighthawk Black/Ebony/Navigation/ Optional Factory Chrome Multi Spoke 16" Wheels/Factory Underbody Kit/Factory Spoiler/Moonroof Visor/Factory 6-CD Changer/Trunk Mat/Factory Black Wheel Well Trim/Clifford IG8000 Alarm System w/add-ons/%51 Tint/Weathertech Floormats /Michelin Arcctic Alpin Winter Tires on Stock Wheels/Factory Car Cover/Factory Gold Emblems Grille & Exhaust Tips
Old 03-30-2001, 07:17 PM
Pro

Thumbs up

Radley!

------------------
2000 Fire Pepper Red/ebony TL, non-navi. factory spoiler, std chrome wheels, 35% tint, comptech exhaust, wood trim kit, factory body kit...
Quiets ride
Old 03-31-2001, 12:20 PM

None of the dealers in the MD/VA/DC area that I have talked to are willing to go below MSRP. I have talked to the guys in Annapolis, Laurel, and Falls Church. I am going to go to Pohanka in Chantilly next week to see what they have to say. I really want the car now but seeing how other people have gotten below MSRP why can't I.
Old 03-31-2001, 02:39 PM
Pro

Radley!

------------------
2000 Fire Pepper Red/ebony TL, non-navi. factory spoiler, std chrome wheels, 35% tint, comptech exhaust, wood trim kit, factory body kit...
Quiets ride
Old 03-31-2001, 04:54 PM

I'm interested in the 2002 TL-S w/o navi. The best I've found is about $200 under MSRP but that's because I have an Integra now so I was told it was a "loyalty" thing. Blah, blah, blah. So if anyone can recommend a salesman at a specific dealer, should I assume that in the DC area we can't the good deals that they get out west and northeast?
Old 03-31-2001, 06:12 PM
4th Gear

Pohanka Acura- Sean Mirza, tell him Albert sent you, he will give you a good deal.

Originally posted by Dizzy:

Any recommendations on dealerships that you can get good deals for the TL-S?

So far I've only looked at the Acura dealer in Gaithersburg, MD. Haven't hit Tysons Corner area yet.

Thanks for any info.

Dizzy
Old 04-01-2001, 01:21 AM

asantiago,

If you don't mind how much did you end up paying?
Old 04-04-2001, 08:48 AM
Not a Blowhole

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts
Crown in Richmond - great service, not much play on price right now.

Check with James Williams and tell him Glenn sent you.
Old 04-04-2001, 12:31 PM
7th Gear

Thumbs up

Pohanka Acura in Chantilly, VA.
(703) 968-6600

Ask for Rodney. Pohanka is consistently either the #1 or #2 Acura dealership in the nation as far as sales volume so they can afford to give you a great deal!
Old 04-08-2001, 10:56 AM

Smile

Hey everyone...if anyone reads this thread...I just picked up my Silver TL-S today!!! I think I got a great deal for this area even though it took a little hardball so thanks for all your help and info!
Old 04-08-2001, 12:49 PM
MCD
Instructor

Smile

Congrats and welcome to the family!

------------------
2002 Acura TL-S w/ Navi
Aegean Blue
Underbody kit
Spoiler

Former: 1997 Acura Integra GS-R
Pioneer Head Unit, CD-Changer, EQ, Boston Acoustics separates, 2 - JL 12W4s, Kicker & Pioneer Amps
Old 04-08-2001, 09:13 PM

Talking

Well I bought my 2002 TL-S w Navi on Friday from Radley Acura in VA. It was supposed to have arrived that night but it didn't so they gave me a brand new 2001 CL-S until my car arrives. Talk about service! My salesman was named Al Gavri. 703-824-5700
Old 04-09-2001, 12:28 PM
Suzuka Master

Pohanka , !! ask for rodney he's the finance manager and he'll point you to a good salesmen.

Tell him joe w/ the white Type S told ya.

alot of people from the cl fourm favor pohanka and they hooked alot of people here w/ good prices.

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Cargo Net/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter. Comptech Springs/Sway/Headers Polarg m-6.
Old 04-18-2001, 09:20 AM

Talking

Picked up my 2002 Aegean Blue Pearl TL-S Navi yesterday from Rosenthal Acura in Rockville, MD. Salesperson is Mort Schrier [301-840-9333]. He's a great guy, very straightforward.

Rosenthal has a 'guaranteed lowest price' for local Montgomery County, MD, residents. Bring in any written offer from another Acura dealer and they will beat it by $200.00.

I am very happy with Mort, Rosenthal, the TL-S, and even happier with the final deal. I gave them my word I would not post the price on the internet (sorry), but it was below MSRP. Do your homework, shop around, read the forums. That is what I did.

They had two other Aegean Blue Pearl TL-S (non-navi) on the lot yesterday, along with other assorted TL-S colors.
Old 04-18-2001, 09:33 AM
Instructor

I've been to all of the dealerships in this area (Rosenthal, Tischer, West, etc).
The best treatment I got in terms of price was Frankel Acura in Timonium. Even though I didn't get the car on time, because the dealership that they were suppose to get it from, simply sold it. You can bring any price to them and they'll beat it by a good amount and throw in extra accessories.
My dealer was Joe Noah.
Tell him the Russian guy recommended him.

------------------
2002 TL-S Aegean Blue Pearl. Underbody Kit, Spoiler

"260 Horsepower of maximum performance. This is BLUE SUNSHINE!" - Thunderkiss '02
Sweet!!!
Old 04-18-2001, 09:44 AM

Thumbs up

Pohanka Acura - Chantilly, VA. Great service department. Also, they are going from 25 to 50 loaner cars in May 2001. Plus, they will take you to the Metro in Vienna, VA, if you do not want a loaner car.
Old 04-18-2001, 10:04 AM
Three Wheelin'

anyone here work in Rockville on Seven Locks Road? I saw a TL-S in the parking lot of the Montrose Building at the client that I work at. I am the WDP TL.

Just curious if you are on here. BTW you took my parking spot!

------------------
'00 White Diamond Perl w/Nav
WW Spoiler, Comptech Exaust, Rear Comptech Sway bar, H&R OE Sport Springs, AEM CAI, Inspire Tails, Inspire Interior footwell lighting
Old 04-18-2001, 10:50 AM
Pro

I had a great initial response from Brandon at Pohanka Acura in Chantilly, VA. The only reason I did not buy from them is that I live in NC and I had a dealership closer that would also deal.

Brandon (and Rodney) are the Costco (Membership warehouse) reps at Pohanka. The Costco discount is significant and they (Pohanka) were willing to go lower still.
Old 04-18-2001, 04:41 PM
Intermediate

I got mine from Tischer in Laurel for 1k below MSRP speak to Ken Brown he's a good guy and can help you out.
Old 04-18-2001, 04:44 PM
Intermediate

PhiTL that my Type-S.
Old 04-19-2001, 12:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by gropman:
Picked up my 2002 Aegean Blue Pearl TL-S Navi yesterday from Rosenthal Acura in Rockville, MD. Salesperson is Mort Schrier [301-840-9333]. He's a great guy, very straightforward.

Rosenthal has a 'guaranteed lowest price' for local Montgomery County, MD, residents. Bring in any written offer from another Acura dealer and they will beat it by $200.00.

I am very happy with Mort, Rosenthal, the TL-S, and even happier with the final deal. I gave them my word I would not post the price on the internet (sorry), but it was below MSRP. Do your homework, shop around, read the forums. That is what I did.

They had two other Aegean Blue Pearl TL-S (non-navi) on the lot yesterday, along with other assorted TL-S colors.
Mort Schrier was my salesman when I got my TL.
He worked at Euro Motor Cars in Bethesda at that Acura Dealership.They stopped selling Acura & kept the Benz Dealership. Mort took my paperwork with him to Rosenthal so thats were I got my car from also. My car was on order for three months it was a hard to find color combo with Nav. I changed my color & got it in 3weeks. Mort is okay with me.

------------------
2000 3.2TL Nighthawk Black/Ebony/Navigation/ Optional Factory Chrome Multi Spoke 16" Wheels/Factory Underbody Kit/Factory Spoiler/Moonroof Visor/Factory 6-CD Changer/Trunk Mat/Factory Black Wheel Well Trim/Clifford IG8000 Alarm System w/add-ons/51% Tint/Weathertech Floormats /Michelin Arcctic Alpin Winter Tires on Stock Wheels/Factory Car Cover/Factory Gold Emblems Grille & Exhaust Tips
Old 04-30-2001, 10:31 AM
10th Gear

if you belong to a credit union or similar organization which belongs to united buying service Radley Acura - Al Gavri sells for about 5% off msrp.
Old 04-30-2001, 03:54 PM
Cruisin'

Cool

I highly recommend Radley in Falls Church--see Carl Gould. I picked up my non-Nav, Dark Emerald Pearl TL-S last Friday, but actually bought it almost 2 weeks before. They provided me with a CL-S loaner until my TL-S came in, so I didn't mind waiting. Enjoyed the CL-S but prefer my TL-S.

I started off at Pohanka in Chantilly two weeks earlier, but they never called me back after I provided them with the buy-out figure on the leased Chrysler 300M I was turning in. Three years ago, Pohanka sold the '99 TL I had "on order" to another customer and then lied about it. I caught them with their pants down when Acura sent me a Roadside Assistance card with a VIN. When I called Acura to check on the VIN, they told me it was registered to someone else. Only after I confronted Pohanka with this info did they acknowledge what happened. They provided "my" car to the person ahead of me waiting for the same color because his car arrived damaged. Not a problem if they had been honest with me, because I would have wanted them to do the same thing if my car arrived damaged.

I only went back to Pohanka this time because it's closer to my home in Ashburn, but they haven't changed their ways. When I mentioned that I wanted the UBS (United Buying Service) price, the Pohanka salesman (Ali) told me the UBS price was $250 off MSRP--same as BJ's or Costco discounts. At Radley, the UBS price was $1,000 off the MSRP. They also gave me what I consider fair trade value for the 300M lease I terminated early, so we closed the deal.

The whole buying experience was pleasant at Radley. Even my wife, who hates car buying, remarked how pleasant it was.

I stopped by Pohanka this past Saturday in my new Acura TL-S to let them know that they screwed with me twice, but there wouldn't be a third time. They didn't really seem to care. Guess they sell so many they really don't care who buys or how they treat their customers. Sorry, but that's what I got out of my buying experience with them.

To be fair, I do have a good friend that recently bought a 2000 TL from Pohanka because Radley didn't return his call.

Good luck with any dealership!!
Old 04-30-2001, 11:52 PM
Intermediate

Talking

Going to Tischer to pickup my new 2002 Type S/with Navi. They gave me a great price. Called around , but nobaby would beat there price. Call them....