Date with the service department tomorrow for warranty items

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2003, 02:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Date with the service department tomorrow for warranty items

Car suffered its first few problems which I am scheduled to have repaired tomorrow morning. Rallye Acura will be doing the work, but they didnt even offer a loaner, I need to provide my own transport to and from the dealership. That will not be a problem, but still, things like that make me wonder why I bought my car there and referred 4 people to them.

The problems are minor

1. Non functioning heating element in drivers side seatback
2. CD Changer is jamming intermittently, and I've finally had enough of it.

Getting the problems taken care of has been hastle free so far though, I brought it in for the drivers side seatback, which they checked out and said they would replace the heating element as soon as it came in which took over 2 weeks, and the stereo I told them about later on, and they just said they would change it, they didnt even need to look at the car. I guess its a well known problem??

We'll see tomorrow how hastle free getting the car back fixed, and in one piece tomorrow though.

Wish me Luck; I hate giving my car to the dealer.
Old 01-19-2003, 02:36 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck man!! If you need a ride let me know!!

I was actually at Rallye on fri to pick up the A/C filters and they re-did the place really nice. It's a shame they didn't redo their customer service staff at the same time!!

-Rich
Old 01-19-2003, 04:31 PM
Banned

Re: Date with the service department tomorrow for warranty items

Originally posted by Mr Hyde
2. CD Changer is jamming intermittently, and I've finally had enough of it.

Let me know if they change out the head even if it is working normally when you bring the car in. My head unit is getting real cranky about spitting out CDs and finally choked on one and jammed about three weeks ago. I called Acura of Avon (Canton, CT) to see if they would swap it out, but I wanted them to have a unit in stock because it is over an hour drive one way and I didn't want to have to make two trips. They said because the head unit is $900 they wouldn't order one until they could see that mine was malfunctioning. Suffice it to say, I'm not driving 75 miles for them to look at it for 5 minutes and say "yep, it's jammed--we'll order you a new unit. Come back in a week." So I called Northeast Acura (Albany, NY) and they said they'd order one for me up front and I could bring it in once it was in.

However, during this real cold snap the changer barfed up the jammed CD one morning and now it's working as it was before. I wanted to wait until closer to the end of the warranty period to get the head unit swapped out because I'm not convinced they've solved the problems with the weak-a$$ rollers that spit out the CDs. I'm hoping if I wait long enough they will redesign it or improve it.
Old 01-19-2003, 05:21 PM
Senior Moderator

My new Head Unit is already at the dealership waiting to be installed. I told them about it on Wednesday, and they had the new deck in by Friday; now its just waiting for the swap. Its working fine right now, but is definitely being changed.
Old 01-19-2003, 08:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't like going to Rallye for anything. They really hate doing warranty work. Also, tell them not to drive your car. I have seen some of those guys take those cars for a "road test" and believe me, your car will be hurting after that road test.

P.S. I would 86 the free car wash too...

Rosh
Old 01-20-2003, 09:19 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 704 Likes on 546 Posts
Re: Re: Date with the service department tomorrow for warranty items

Originally posted by pianoman41

Let me know if they change out the head even if it is working normally when you bring the car in. My head unit is getting real cranky about spitting out CDs and finally choked on one and jammed about three weeks ago. I called Acura of Avon (Canton, CT) to see if they would swap it out, but I wanted them to have a unit in stock because it is over an hour drive one way and I didn't want to have to make two trips. They said because the head unit is $900 they wouldn't order one until they could see that mine was malfunctioning. Suffice it to say, I'm not driving 75 miles for them to look at it for 5 minutes and say "yep, it's jammed--we'll order you a new unit. Come back in a week." So I called Northeast Acura (Albany, NY) and they said they'd order one for me up front and I could bring it in once it was in.

However, during this real cold snap the changer barfed up the jammed CD one morning and now it's working as it was before. I wanted to wait until closer to the end of the warranty period to get the head unit swapped out because I'm not convinced they've solved the problems with the weak-a$$ rollers that spit out the CDs. I'm hoping if I wait long enough they will redesign it or improve it.

our CD changers are total POS, mine still works but it makes loud grinding noise and sounds like it has diffculties changing CDs. Can't complain yet, technicly speaking it still works... so I doubt they will give me the new one.

Damn, $900 for a new one :wow: I think if mine will die after warranty, and Acura will make me pay $900 I would rather get after market CD player and changer in the trunk. It will probably cost less money and will last longer.
$900 for this POS, this is outrageos.... plus I bet they charge for labor another $100-200

Mine will go any time, the only question if its gonna happen before or after warranty....
Old 01-20-2003, 11:27 PM
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Date with the service department tomorrow for warranty items

Originally posted by russianDude

Damn, $900 for a new one :wow: I think if mine will die after warranty, and Acura will make me pay $900 I would rather get after market CD player and changer in the trunk. It will probably cost less money and will last longer.
$900 for this POS, this is outrageos.... plus I bet they charge for labor another $100-200
You think that's bad? When my factory *single* disc CD/cassette/radio head unit in my '97 Nissan Maxima died, Nissan wanted $1200 for a new one!! The car was five years old at the time. I said no way, and installed a Nissan OEM in-dash 6-disc changer with a Nissan head unit for a Frontier pickup for $250 off of eBay. Looks stock, now I have a changer and it cost me $250.

That's why I'm definitely going to make sure they swap out my head unit in my TL before the warranty is up.
Old 01-21-2003, 07:23 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 704 Likes on 546 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Date with the service department tomorrow for warranty items

Originally posted by pianoman41

You think that's bad? When my factory *single* disc CD/cassette/radio head unit in my '97 Nissan Maxima died, Nissan wanted $1200 for a new one!! The car was five years old at the time. I said no way, and installed a Nissan OEM in-dash 6-disc changer with a Nissan head unit for a Frontier pickup for $250 off of eBay. Looks stock, now I have a changer and it cost me $250.

That's why I'm definitely going to make sure they swap out my head unit in my TL before the warranty is up.

Why would somone ever pay 1200 for a single disk?

You can buy nice Kenwood or Pioneer Single disk for like $200, maybe cost you another 100 max to install it if you don't want to do it yourself. So what if it does not look stock?? It willl be better and cheaper than stock.

For $1200 you can rip off stock stereo system and install nice stereo system with subwoofer and amps.
Old 01-21-2003, 10:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Well I got the car back from Rallye yesterday, and i am happy to say it was as smoothas could be. I dropped teh car off in the AM and got a call late in the afternoon that it was ready with a fixed drivers seat, and a brand new Head Unit.

Wasnt that painful at all.