Damn it Hyde, stop closing every thread.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2002, 09:54 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn it Hyde, stop closing every thread.

You mentioned once that no thread is closed without talking to other moderators. You close everything 2 seconds after you read it. This forums is full of people who obviously don't know basic grammar and it's not going to kill you to leave that one open. When closed, it'll just sink to the bottom, and quite a few people can benefit from it. It is kinda funny, but sadly it wasn't posted as a joke.
Old 04-04-2002, 10:06 PM
Intermediate

Perhaps you should check your own posts. "..forums is" Let he without sin throw the first stone. Fact, is people type fast and make mistakes. Give it a rest.
Old 04-04-2002, 11:01 PM
Cruisin'

Writing "forums is" instead of "forum is" is a typo.
Writing "your" instead of "you are" is poor writing, not poor typing.

You can tell when people write fast and make a mistake (like in both of our posts), and when they just don't know any better. I will not take 10% off their grade, but some of their college profs. might. What's wrong with picking up a basic lesson while browsing the forum?

The point is, if Mr. Hyde doesn't care for the post, why should anybody else then be allowed to see it? Isn't that right, our almighty moderator?
Old 04-04-2002, 11:30 PM
Drifting

Sounds like you were just being an ass hole when you posted that dumb grammar thread. What the hell is your problem.

Edit: oops, I forgot the question mark at the end of the last sentence, guess I am an idiot. Sh!t, is "oops" even a word?
Old 04-04-2002, 11:50 PM
Racer

Re: Damn it Hyde, stop closing every thread.

Originally posted by Mixed Angel
quite a few people can benefit from it
If you want to teach grammar to those who want to be taught, get a job at a school. If you want to post useful information about the Acura TL, feel free to post here. If you want to teach people who drive a TL how to read and write English using this forum, simply pay Tim for the bandwith and I'm sure he will be delighted to give you a forum of your own.
Old 04-05-2002, 06:48 AM
Cruisin'

With the increased number of people on this forum comes the increased number of orders. Tim has set the wheel in motion. every newbie coming in here will want a set of sways, new fogs, maybe tires... Not everybody can afford one, but without this site people wouldn't even be thinking about that stuff. I came here to see if I can find a remedy for my rattles, not even knowing what a sway bar is. Now I have a set, and some other crap that I though I couldn't live without. Yes, they will increase the performance of your car (most of them), but they also increase Tim's budget. Don't tell me that the sales have gone down w/ the increase in membership. Now, people are even paying to be members. I don't think my little post was using more bandwith than Mr. hyde's inflated head. At least the two people who managed to post before the almighty saw the post didn't think so. Must be nice to be able to post your last words and then close the thread. How about something like: "I am closing this thread tomorrow unless you can give me a good reason not to?"
At least just close it, without sticking your last words in there.
Here it comes...
Old 04-05-2002, 08:10 AM
Instructor

It looks like someone needs to read this [admittedly old] copy of Internet Etiquette rules, specifically the paragraph entitled "Spelling Flames are Considered Harmful".

Better yet, that same someone should read the title of this forum.

Here's hoping a mod will close this topic.
Old 04-05-2002, 08:15 AM
Banned

spelling. well instead of closing people's posts.
which i do see as rude and not right, i do think he has a point.
no my. hyde does not have to close any post.
why not just implement a spell check button.
everything would be solved then.
Old 04-05-2002, 08:41 AM
Cruisin'

Once again, spelling doesn't bother me. Everyone is making spelling errors and they are obvious.
But, just as obvious is when people don't know the difference between you're and your, their and there. Spelling checker will not fix this, because they spell out these words correctly, they just don't know which one to use in a sentence.

Better yet, that same someone should read the title of this forum.

Well, the off topic forum is closed, so I couldn't post it there. Why are we giving our server space to CL forum, and closing our members' posts because of it?????
Old 04-05-2002, 09:01 AM
Having Fun?

Originally posted by SoundSpeed
Sounds like you were just being an ass hole when you posted that dumb grammar thread. What the hell is your problem.

Edit: oops, I forgot the question mark at the end of the last sentence, guess I am an idiot. Sh!t, is "oops" even a word?
ROTFLAO
Old 04-05-2002, 09:16 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Exclamation

Closing the OT forum and allowing the CL guys a temp forum are completely unrelated. Have you read any of Tim's (snook789's) posts?

As for the grammar issue, it's an internet bulletin board used for chatting. Most people just type quickly as stuff pops into their head. No one is being graded based on their use of words. Just let it go and relax.... you'll live longer.

The reason he closed your other topic was explained, so there was no rudeness involved. We know there's no OT forum, but that doesn't mean that this forum has become OT. There are some that will be let go, others that won't. Mr. Hyde felt that your topic was not appropriate for this forum so he closed it. Based on the responses of your fellow members on this topic... they seem to agree with him.

I don't understand what everyone's deal is lately with ripping the moderators. I mean, when you signed up here, free or paid, you agreed to certain guidelines. If you are outside of those guidelines with a topic, or post, etc., then we are here to close/edit, or do whatever to those topics. We are following the same guidelines as you. We don't have a special set of rules.... everyone is bound by the same policies. We don't get any special privlagedges or anything, we're all equal except we enforce the Terms of Service that EVERYONE agreed to when signing up. Guidelines that 90% of the users don't read, but 99% still manage to follow. That's all we do. I've even seen topics started by mods, closed by other mods. It happens, don't make it so personal that you resort to bashing Mr. Hyde. It makes no sense.
Old 04-05-2002, 09:51 AM
Cruisin'

Based on the responses of your fellow members on this topic... they seem to agree with him.
The people that were allowed to post before he closed it didn't seem to mind the thread. Besides, of all the mods on this forum, he seem to be the only one with a daily quota to fill. Juniorbean, I'm not bashing the mods, just Mr.Hyde. I've been reading posts on this forum for a while and I actually happen to like you and SoundSpeed. It's down to you now since SoundSpeed doesn't know how to reply politely (I never called anybody an a$$, so I don't know what your problem is).
As fas as people siding with Hyde goes, there is so many people here kissing moderators' a$$es that it's getting pathetic.
Old 04-05-2002, 10:12 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Originally posted by Mixed Angel

The people that were allowed to post before he closed it didn't seem to mind the thread. Besides, of all the mods on this forum, he seem to be the only one with a daily quota to fill. Juniorbean, I'm not bashing the mods, just Mr.Hyde. I've been reading posts on this forum for a while and I actually happen to like you and SoundSpeed. It's down to you now since SoundSpeed doesn't know how to reply politely (I never called anybody an a$$, so I don't know what your problem is).
As fas as people siding with Hyde goes, there is so many people here kissing moderators' a$$es that it's getting pathetic.
I will agree with you that our asses get kissed, but I'm not sure why b/c, as I said in my previous post, we're just enforcing the policies that everyone has to abide by. All of the members should like all mods as we are all here for the same reason and are looking for information on the same subject!! I guess not everyone can get along though

I also don't think that people are siding with Mr. Hyde per say, they're just replying b/c they're frustrated with all of the non-TLS related posts lately. It goes in cycles, so personally, I'm not worried about it.
Old 04-05-2002, 06:19 PM

Hyde= closed/locked threads with his "last word" comments, get used to them.
Old 04-05-2002, 06:41 PM
Safety Car

man Mr Hyde shouldnt have made this video game of himself fighting some guy.. wait a minute.. Mr Hyde is Osama Bin Laden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Hyde boxing game
Old 04-05-2002, 06:50 PM
Grand Turismo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hyde

Hyde is just some 15 year old moderator who thinks he now has power to do what he pleases. Always gets his last word in and then just closes the thread. He's a puss, deal with it. NOW CLOSE THIS THREAD ALREADY MR.HYDE!!!
Old 04-05-2002, 10:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

damn... you people dont have OT any more so now you b!tch about him closing threads... please get a life if you care about stuff that happens on them INTERNET cause there is no way that you are gonna get back at him

p.s. i doubt he cares if you yell at him cause he can do what he wants ( within reason) and there is nothin you can do to stp that
Old 04-06-2002, 08:25 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
HAHAHA, you guys are too funny. This is the TL-S forum, not grammar school. If you feel the need to teach grammar, get a job in a public school. You are old enough to work right??? You talk about grammar, but what about comprehension? This is the TL-S forum, that thread just didnt belong so it got locked. Can't get that through your head??? If not I'm not gonna waste my time trying to explain it to you. Some people just never get it no matter how much you try.

Aawwww you dont like Soundspeed now??? What do you need people to kiss your ass all the time and treat you like the special little man that you are????

BakedWafer I'm the 15yr old??? Hahahahaa Someone is a little bitter because his off topic "you all just drive Hondas" posts were locked. How did this grammar post belong?? Explain it to me. To all the other ones who jumped on this thread just to criticize me; :thefinger. His thread didnt belong in any way shape or form, but I know you all really cared about that. Its just another opportunity to criticize regardless of reason.
Old 04-06-2002, 05:47 PM
Three Wheelin'

pathetic...
Old 04-06-2002, 05:48 PM
Advanced

HAHAHA, you guys are too funny. This is the TL-S forum, not grammar school. If you feel the need to teach grammar, get a job in a public school. You are old enough to work right??? You talk about grammar, but what about comprehension? This is the TL-S forum, that thread just didnt belong so it got locked. Can't get that through your head??? If not I'm not gonna waste my time trying to explain it to you. Some people just never get it no matter how much you try.

Aawwww you dont like Soundspeed now??? What do you need people to kiss your ass all the time and treat you like the special little man that you are????

BakedWafer I'm the 15yr old??? Hahahahaa Someone is a little bitter because his off topic "you all just drive Hondas" posts were locked. How did this grammar post belong?? Explain it to me. To all the other ones who jumped on this thread just to criticize me; . His thread didnt belong in any way shape or form, but I know you all really cared about that. Its just another opportunity to criticize regardless of reason.
Some people think too much of themselves. Mr. Hyde is hot stuff b/c he works in a hospital somewhere in NY. You can be a brain surgeon for all I care, your head and ego will always be too big for your body. This is arrogance at its best. Some people just shouldn't be allowed to be moderators.
Old 04-06-2002, 06:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Ahh another perfect example. So U2Slow, SickLex, Baked, anyone explain how his post about grammar belonged in the TL-S forum??? I would love to hear this. I doubt I'll get an answer though.

Like I said its just another oppurtunity for members like you who have been warned in the past to jump on the bandwagon, rally around your brethren, and criticize regardless of reason.

The list of guys answering the rally cry speaks volumes in itself.
What is this post, some kind of reunion?? U2Slow, SickLex, Now Mixed. All we need is Neutered, TypeSAcura, and Hammertame; A-Tl.com's finest. :yack:
Old 04-06-2002, 08:59 PM
Cruisin'

Ahh another perfect example. So U2Slow, SickLex, Baked, anyone explain how his post about grammar belonged in the TL-S forum??? I would love to hear this. I doubt I'll get an answer though.
Hyde, it has nothing to do w/ the grammar post. Yes, closing of it pissed me off, but it it didn't piss me off the fact that you closed my post. It pisses me off that you close threads you personally don't want to look at. And how you nicely sneak in those last words in there, like you're judge Judy or something. You want an example?
This thread is just as much related to Acura stuff as the grammar one. But in this one, you fill like you need to say something, so you're just letting it go on. If server space is of so much concern to you all, then stop wasting it with your stupid replies and just lock it. Actually, you should have done that the moment I started it. There is plenty of ****ty threads out there, some you leave open, some you don't care about, and they're closed. and how come you are the only one that has to close something in a day? Please don't tell me that other mods don't care, don't spend near as much time on the board, or are just too stupid to recognize if the post is Acura related or not.
Old 04-06-2002, 09:18 PM
Senior Moderator

But if I lock it like you say, then all of a sudden I become the Nazi mod who puts in his last word, and then locks the thread(whiuch by the wya is something us Mods intentionally try and do so that everyone knows who locked/edited a thread)

How quick would you have been to jump and accuse me of that???

So Mixed where is this concrete book of objective regulations that specify what posts should stay and what shouldn't, what is a concrete flame and what isnt?? Perhaps you should share that info with us Mods.

Why do I leave posts like this up from time to time?? Its very simple actually. Posts like this one tend to have the opposite effect of the one you seek. Instead of rallying members behind you against us, it does the opposite. It also shows valued members exactly why we lock, edit, and delete threads by members like you, SickLex, Baked, TypeS, etc. You guys prove our cases for us with very little effort on our parts, and threads liek this make it visible to all. On behalf of all the TypeS mods, thanx to all of you for proving our points.
Old 04-07-2002, 12:55 PM
Advanced

SAME OLD STUFF

I haven't been on this site in six months. One reason I stopped is because most of the posts become off the subject and sometimes are out of control. I come back today to check things out and guess what?? Same old stuff.
Who cares about the grammar? Hyde, you have my vote, let's stick to the topic. Then on top of the grammer thing, I see numerous backlashes that sound like kindergarten. Can't we just discuss the topic -TLS- instead of stupid stuff that has nothing to do with the car?
I come to this site for information, not to be criticized or a get continuing ed on anything but the car.
Maybe I'll check back again. or maybe not.
Old 04-07-2002, 03:11 PM
Grand Turismo

Originally posted by Mr Hyde

BakedWafer I'm the 15yr old??? Hahahahaa Someone is a little bitter because his off topic "you all just drive Hondas" posts were locked. How did this grammar post belong?? Explain it to me. To all the other ones who jumped on this thread just to criticize me; :thefinger. His thread didnt belong in any way shape or form, but I know you all really cared about that. Its just another opportunity to criticize regardless of reason.
Considering I posted my "you all just drive Honda's" thread as a joke, I really didn't care. Fact is, your little 15 year old brain couldn't possibly understand a little sarcasm. Your just a little boy with Daddy’s car, who happens to me a moderator of some silly TL'S board for which you now think you have power. It’s pathetic, very pathetic. I apologize to everyone for you.
Old 04-07-2002, 10:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by SoundSpeed

That's funnie.

Maibe wei shood hav a nou forum kald "Propir Gramer"....

That wood help evrywon with they're gramer.
Old 04-08-2002, 01:02 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by RedLined

That's funnie.

Damn! It actually hurt to read that! LOL!
Old 04-08-2002, 12:21 PM
Pro

Originally posted by RedLined

That's funnie.

FYI, your measing a 'e' in Maibe, jus laik "Maibee"; and funnie is spelled "phunee", jus laik "yo dog dat kar is phat."
youz a dummie.
Old 04-08-2002, 12:45 PM

Who need grammar? We got SMILIES!!!!!
:thefinger
Old 04-08-2002, 01:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

Ok this is not going anywhere, thread closed