comptech, eibach and h&r sport springs

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2003, 02:37 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
comptech, eibach and h&r sport springs

hey guys,

ive narrowed it down to either comptech or eibach springs or hr sport. what i want to know is for you guys that have the eibach how do you like it. i hardly see anyone talking bout the eibach springs.
another question is which ones lower your car more the eibach or the hr sport. cause the eibach ones i saw lowered the car a lot i was only able to fit one finger in the wheel gap... im lookin for a 2- 2.25 finger gap. let me know your opinions..!!
Old 03-02-2003, 03:01 PM
Racer

hey legend i don't have the eibachs but i have the h&r sports. from what i remember when i was lowering my car is that the eibach springs you would need a camber kit b/c of the drop and i'm pretty sure you can't fit ur finger in there. the h&r sports to me are perfect i have them with the stock shocks and you can get about 1-2 fingers. if your looking for a 2-2.25 finger gap i would look at the h&r oe springs. i'm saying this b/c i'm asumming your keeping the stock shocks? if you plan on getting new shocks like koni adjustable so u can do how you like.

you can also search its been discussed many times.
Old 03-03-2003, 08:20 PM
Instructor

xlegend25x
I never rode on the comptech springs. However I probably swapped my springs more times then others here. I went 200 miles on the stock springs. I then swapped them with my 3yr old set of eibach pros 1.75 drop. I guess from driving the tl for 200 miles i got used to the ride. After having them in for a week I had to yank them back out. The ride was very harsh, every little bump in the road i felt. I then decided go back to stock. After 4000 miles I couldn't deal with the 4x4 look. I said what the hell I'll learn to live with the rough ride. So I then reinstalled the eibachs. A few days later someone posted in this forum selling H&R sports. I grabbed them!! They arrived today at my shop. As soon as they arrived I started the procedure all over again. I yanked the eibachs back out and installed a like new set of H&R sports. WOW!!! I've been driving around most of the day (94miles) I love them! The ride is much better, they do give a slight bounce but not a jolt like the eibachs did. My car was slightly lower with the eibachs then the sports. As of right now my car has a little bit of a raked look then sagging in the a55 with the eibachs. That might be from the eibachs being 3yrs old.
Hope this kinda helps with your decisions...
Coupe
PS i'll proof read later, im in high gear right now damn those stacker 2s
Old 03-04-2003, 12:42 AM
Burning Brakes

I have comptechs paired with tokico illuminas and the ride is great, obviously stiffer than stock, but still very comfortable. My gap is about 3 fingers all around, the back is slightly higher up, but not much. I've never rode on eibach pro kits, so I couldn't say for sure, but I don't really like the drop with them, always seems like the front of the car is higher than the rear if that makes sense. Here's a pic of my drop, although it's not a TL, the springs are exactly the same so the drop should be similar:

Old 03-04-2003, 02:54 PM
Racer

what rims are they in the pics? is that the racing hart C5 rims? more pics pls.

[/B][/QUOTE]
Old 03-04-2003, 05:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by GO-typeS
what rims are they in the pics? is that the racing hart C5 rims? more pics pls.
[/B][/QUOTE]

C5 evos Here's a couple more pics: