color of your car!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2001, 02:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up color of your car!!!

ok i know color of your car is all about personal prefferences and stuff...but i have one question.....why does the ABP color look so damn good but i hardly see it on the street....do these people who buy it just collect it and leave it in their garages?......now im stuck in a situation...should i have gotten a ABP blue or SSM silver? Both look really good but which is really nicer looking do you think?
Old 08-28-2001, 02:36 PM
Racer

Talking

I got ABP but only drive my car during weekends and park it in the garage during weekdays. Well... I love the color; especially you can tell that's a TL-S just by looking at its color.
Old 08-28-2001, 03:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Talking re: color

I drive my ABP baby 70 miles a day (roundtrip) to and from work. I agree that I hardly see it. Actually, there are 3 in my parking lot at work (all 3 work with me...check my website to see mine with another one). Other then those, I've only seen one (1) AGP TL-S on the road since it's been out. I have seen an Eternal Blue, but that's a TL-P, and it is a couple of shades darker then mine......
Old 08-28-2001, 03:38 PM
Bada Bing

I've seen a few here and there...I fell in love with the color the second I laid eyes on it.

I think it might be a bit loud for some people, I mean the color definitely stands out and some people don't like the extra attention. To boot if you've never had a colored car (other than black or white, like me for example) it takes some getting used to.
Old 08-28-2001, 05:18 PM
MB-Fanatic w/TL-S

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We see NONE in Canada... ARG!!! All those pictures of ABP make me DROOL..... :p :p

Andy Kuo
Old 08-28-2001, 05:27 PM
Instructor

Angry so few ABP because...

So few ABP because hopefully buyers wised up and read this board to find out that the paint color sucks when it comes in contact with anything short of sterile water (i.e. acid rain) - see my other posts, my ABP paint job sucks and is ruined because it was rained on, despite my efforts to reduce exposure. Acura doesn't cover this problem in the warranty, blaming acts of god as ungauranteeable

ABP looks good from a distance, and if you don't own it.
Old 08-28-2001, 05:38 PM
Banned

I know what you mean. When I bought my TLS in April, the dealer had over 20 ABPs on the lot. That was one thing that steered me away from that color - I thought everyone on my side of town would have that color.

Since then, I have seen an ABP on the road once! Where did they all go?
Old 08-28-2001, 05:42 PM
Banned

I kinda regret getting the SSM. ABP looks nice and I've recently taken a liking to the WDP. Its something about the way the clear taillights....
Old 08-28-2001, 07:36 PM
Banned

I still have yet to see a ABP any where except on the dealer lots on my part of town.
I love my SSM, but I always have liked silver and never had a silver car!
Old 08-28-2001, 07:59 PM
Cruisin'

Hey guys, i'm new here but i was wondering does the TL-S come in my favorite color " arrest me red " ? Love that TL-S in the Agean blue !!
Old 08-28-2001, 08:03 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Originally posted by Red Rider
Hey guys, i'm new here but i was wondering does the TL-S come in my favorite color " arrest me red " ? Love that TL-S in the Agean blue !!
sup Glenn,

nope, that color does not exist for the TL-S.. the closest thing is firepepper red for the TL..

if Acura got smart and offered it in that "Arrest me Red" color, I wouldn't mind getting it!
Old 08-28-2001, 08:08 PM
jps
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ABP is a beatiful color. Looks completely different day and night...
Old 08-28-2001, 08:13 PM
Cruisin'

Originally posted by Edub-TL

sup Glenn,

nope, that color does not exist for the TL-S.. the closest thing is firepepper red for the TL..

if Acura got smart and offered it in that "Arrest me Red" color, I wouldn't mind getting it!
Hey Edub, thanks for the info. Man, the TL-S in red with the bodykit would be awesome. I'm surprised it's not available. By the way, it looks like the CL-S board is down again. Glad they've found a new home and sponsor.
Old 08-28-2001, 08:20 PM
Intermediate

Thumbs up Hot Color

When I saw the ABP I was in love!

I live in the NY metropolitan area, and the only ABP available with the Nav was in Latham, north of Albany!

I got the only one the had left

This was a month ago.

They're either really desirable or scarce....or both!
Old 08-28-2001, 11:42 PM
MB-Fanatic w/TL-S

But if like Mikester said, where did all the ABP TLS go??

When I was getting the car, I set my eyes on WDP... it's so beautiful, especially under direct sunlight!! But Parchement pull me off.... Wished we can have WDP/Ebony....

P.S. For those who have WDP.... I notice 1 of the WDP TLS I saw today has different color hue for body and bumper....and it was very noticeable.... bumper has more "Pearl" effect to it, while the body is very close to plain white.... However, the other WDP TLS was NICE!!! Nice White, creamy pearl all the way!!!

Andy Kuo
Old 08-29-2001, 12:43 AM
Racer

WDP/Ebony

Originally posted by AKRY
But if like Mikester said, where did all the ABP TLS go??

When I was getting the car, I set my eyes on WDP... it's so beautiful, especially under direct sunlight!! But Parchement pull me off.... Wished we can have WDP/Ebony....

P.S. For those who have WDP.... I notice 1 of the WDP TLS I saw today has different color hue for body and bumper....and it was very noticeable.... bumper has more "Pearl" effect to it, while the body is very close to plain white.... However, the other WDP TLS was NICE!!! Nice White, creamy pearl all the way!!!

Andy Kuo
I saw all colors in the TL-S by visiting 4 dealers. What I really wanted was the TL-S in the TL-P Anthacite Gray. That would've looked real classy on a TL-S. Not sure why they didn't offer it. So I opted for the WDP/Ebony. Sweet lookin car. I agree on the Parchment (especially since I got a 4 year old). Ebony looks nice in combo with the WDP. Waxed and Lexol'd, 1 nice ride!
Old 09-02-2001, 12:53 AM
Pro

Unhappy

The first time I saw the ABP, I wanted it. Then I saw it on the dealer's lot and it was just TOO much blue for me. I would probably tire of it after a while. Besides, it sticks out too much (cops!) whereas my WDP is practically invisible.
Old 09-02-2001, 01:07 AM
Racer

I think all the colors look sweet (now isn't that political!!), but I had my heart set on the WDP from the beginning. But I couldn't get a hold of one in the time frame I wanted, so I "settled" for the SSM. Now that I've had it for almost a month (ah, screw it - from the moment I drove off the lot), I fell in love with the SSM. I've posted this before, but I just think it looks more sporty and the white looks more luxurious.

But, you asked about ABP - another sweet color! But I liked the way the blackwood was a perfect merge of the black interior and silver exterior on the SSM.

As for TL-S, I've only seen 1....ever! It was ironically a ABP...
Old 09-02-2001, 03:26 PM
Racer

Post Colors

Saw the Aegean Blue Pearl on the showroom floor and fell in love with the color....

This is the first year for this color....so its going to take awhile before you start seeing them everywhere.
Old 09-02-2001, 08:44 PM
tea elle

I though about the ABP for a couple of days while waiting for my SSM w/Navi to arrive at the dealer. I didn't love the blue and I knew I'd get sick of it.

The silver shows the lines of the car better than any other color, and on top of that, its the easiest to live with when it gets dirty. I don't regret the silver for one minute. The blue is kind of cool, but a little to "obvious" for my taste (it screams "look at me! look at me!).

just my opinion kids!
Old 09-02-2001, 09:46 PM
Pro

my thought process on picking a color:

Choice 1 - black: color kicks but. BUT, my other car is black, gets dirty easy, scratches and swirl marks show;

Choice 2 - aegean blue: beautiful color, wife hated it, nuff said;

Choice 3 - Anthracite: not available on type S;

Choice 4 - Silver: At first I thought it was bland, but it really grew on me, now I think its the best tl color goes weeks unwashed & still looks good.

as for white cars, people either love em or hate em, I hate em.
Old 09-02-2001, 09:48 PM
aTL
Instructor

I wanted ABP but they didn't have any on the lot with navigation. So i settled for Nighthawk black.
Old 09-03-2001, 06:57 AM
Racer

I'm still very happy with the Agean Blue, but black really looks mean. My next car will probably be black. So far I've only seen one other blue TLS around.