Clifford Avant Guard IV

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2000, 05:58 PM

Question Clifford Avant Guard IV

Does anyone have any information about the Clifford Avant Guard IV or have one currently installed. Looking to buy one, but am curious about the ease of use, and options. Thanks.
Old 10-10-2000, 06:22 PM
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey another person from the Seattle area! That makes what, 5 so far? Think of 5 kickass TLs together at once. That'd be sweet! We all gotta get together.

I have a Python 1500 ESP with remote start built in. It arms and disarms my factory alarm, has battery backup, dual prox sensor, dual shock sensor, etc etc. Plus I can open all 4 windows with the remote and they all close when I arm it. After Saturday the sunroof will close on arm too.

You can get a "lesser" (read: cheaper) alarm brain like the Python. Then get modules that do relatively the same functions as what you get with a more expensive brain and you can end up saving money.

I know the manager and the alarm guy at CarToys of Southcenter, I can get them to give you some sort of discount. Let me know. natedone@hotmail.com I'm going there Saturday.
Old 10-10-2000, 08:23 PM
Pro

Nate, what time you going down to southcenter? maybe I can meet up with you?
Old 10-10-2000, 08:27 PM
The Doctor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
all right! let's have a South Center TL party!!

------------------

Silver 2000 TL w/ Nav.
Future mods? maybe...
Old 10-10-2000, 08:55 PM
GO YANKEES!!!!!

i have the clifford avant guard 4 and i love the alarm, i really can not say nothing bad about it, its been really good to me so far.

------------------
99 TL
SATIN SILVER EXT.
EBONY INT.
UNDERBODY KIT
HEADLIGHT FINISHERS
INSPIRE TAILS
PIAA 1700X FOGS
17IN BBS RK
GUTTER GUARD GRILL
WORKING ON PERFORMANCE MODS...
AUDIO IS BEING WORKED ON AS WELL.....
Old 10-10-2000, 09:01 PM

I've read the owners' manual on the Avant Guard IV, and looked at it at the store (CarToys). But am still a little confused with the features it provides standard and which ones have to be added. Does it come with the auto start, immobilizer, etc.?
Old 10-10-2000, 09:04 PM

Nate, is that alarm from the Car Toys @ Southcenter... I was there last weekend, seems like they have one of the best shops around. Does your alarm do all of those things (ie. auto start, windoes, etc.)standard, or did you have to buy add-on kits?! Oh, and can you still open your trunk with the new alarm. From what I've read from the Avant Guard IV, it's an add-on kit.
Old 10-10-2000, 09:06 PM
GO YANKEES!!!!!

mine came with auto start, wireless imobilizer, window roll up, shock sensor, proxy sensor, auto level, night vision, truck release, door lock and un lock, car jacking device, and thats all i can remember right now, its got so much stuff i really can not remember, if you got AIM im me i will be on for a while i could go more in to details about the alarm. its a great alarm just expesive.

------------------
99 TL
SATIN SILVER EXT.
EBONY INT.
UNDERBODY KIT
HEADLIGHT FINISHERS
INSPIRE TAILS
PIAA 1700X FOGS
17IN BBS RK
GUTTER GUARD GRILL
WORKING ON PERFORMANCE MODS...
AUDIO IS BEING WORKED ON AS WELL.....

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by VICNYC_TL on 10-10-2000 @ ]</font>
Old 10-10-2000, 11:16 PM
Safety Car

I'm going to Southcenter next Saturday at 1:30 (or 2:00 depending how good my hangover is). Everyone, feel free to meet me there. Someone bring a camera.

Pretty much everything is an add-on feature... The Python brain I bought came with autostart and I saved some money that way, had I bought a cheaper one and added auto start it would've been more. Trunk pop, door locks, windows, prox, just about everything is an add on... unless you spend $700 on just the brain.

I know I paid too much for my alarm (don't ask ) -- I got charged a whole shit load for the labor on the windows... just the 2 modules (each does 2 windows) were like $200. It took 'em probably 8 hours for the install. I dropped it off about 4 and came back the next day and they weren't finished until 5 or so. To do the windows they said they had to go into each door. The explanation was something copmlicated about how the stock window module senses the voltage so it knows when the window is up... I don't know if this is true or not?

Anyway, it was alot of cash but worth it. The install is good, I've had no complaints or wierdness. Besides, the alarm isn't something I can play with... remote start and the windows, I play with those everyday. The windows and sunroof closing when it arms is very useful.

You can get everything I have minus windows and sunroof for about $800 or so, installed.
Old 10-10-2000, 11:28 PM
Pro

Wow, $800US, why don't you come to Vancouver, I could probably hook ya up w/ an excellent Clifford alarm paid for less!
Old 10-17-2000, 07:51 PM
Pro

Thumbs up

Definately go with this Alarm. I have this alarm on my 1996 2.5 and it's great. I love all the features. And even without plugging it into a computer it is easy to program. The only thing i have to warm you about is the installer. Make sure they have installed this alarm before because it's got more wires and functions than a normal alarm. Let me know how it turns out....
Old 10-18-2000, 01:21 PM

I was reading last night in the AG IV owner's manual (downloaded from their site), that the auto window roll-up feature can damage the window motors. They say this can happen because the alarm doesn't know if the windows are up or down, so it goes ahead and puts power to them, possibly burning them out (creating excessive back emf). Anybody know anything about this!??!
Old 10-18-2000, 03:41 PM
Pro

Lightbulb

I haven't heard of this happening to anyone, but i guess it would be a possibility. My solution is to not activate the roll up windows. My aren't activated because i like to leave the windows vented. But i do have smart windows which allows the user to remotely roll the windows up and down and vent them and stuff. So it isn't automatic, and no power is sent to the window modules when you don't want them

------------------
Old 06-10-2001, 07:01 PM
The Doctor

yo Speed, how about hooking me up with an alarm?

Originally posted by speed:
Wow, $800US, why don't you come to Vancouver, I could probably hook ya up w/ an excellent Clifford alarm paid for less!
Old 06-11-2001, 03:30 AM
Pro

Hey UW TL, Ironic that you brought this post back-up, I'll be getting an alarm in 2 weeks time. I'll either get the Concept 100 or 400. What are u looking for?
Old 06-11-2001, 11:21 PM
The Doctor

i am actually looking for adding prox and shock sensors to the factory alarm.. not sure if it's possible yet. can you ask your store to see if it's possible and how much it would cost, including labor? thanks man!!

Originally posted by speed:
Hey UW TL, Ironic that you brought this post back-up, I'll be getting an alarm in 2 weeks time. I'll either get the Concept 100 or 400. What are u looking for?
Old 06-12-2001, 02:05 AM
Pro

I have a couple of exams Sat. I'll ask for u after this weekend.