Clear UV blocking tint on windshield

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 04:13 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Clear UV blocking tint on windshield

Recently got my windows tinted 30% and sunroof 5% ceramic it hasant got to heart of summer yet but it seems to do good. Now I want my windshield tinted with the clear ceramic tint. Has anyone ever done this and does it make much of a difference?
Old 05-02-2016, 08:30 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 136 Likes on 109 Posts
windshield tint

i had the 3m Crystalline film applied to the windshield in my 03 TLS two years ago. this product does an amazing job. i can drive directly into bright sunlight without the need to lower the sun visor. the film is also very effective for night driving in that it shields ultra bright glare from oncoming headlights. also, it is "non metalized".
The following users liked this post:
justnspace (05-02-2016)
Old 05-02-2016, 08:59 AM

Received 16,266 Likes on 11,974 Posts
a rather question....

as the wind shield is the largest real estate of all windows.

if ceramic tint on all 4 windows plus rear helped the car cool down, or kept it cool......
what do you think the windshield will do if you get that tinted?
Old 05-02-2016, 09:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by frankjnjr
i had the 3m Crystalline film applied to the windshield in my 03 TLS two years ago. this product does an amazing job. i can drive directly into bright sunlight without the need to lower the sun visor. the film is also very effective for night driving in that it shields ultra bright glare from oncoming headlights. also, it is "non metalized".
interesting! I was looking more into the Llumar Air 80 which is the same thing as 3m crystaline but ive heard something about these tints having a issue with polarized sunglasses, have you ran into this issue?
Old 05-03-2016, 07:55 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 136 Likes on 109 Posts
3m crystalline w/s tint

i wear prescription polarized sun glasses and do not detect any noticeable difference when driving cars w/o the tint. i would question "same as" products. i have every confidence in 3M products, even though they are generally more expensive than others on the market, in my opinion, 3M doesn't mess around and i have never been disappointed in any of their products. if you have a question or concern, i'm certain a qualified 3M product installer could arrange for you to experience this product before you purchase it.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by frankjnjr
i wear prescription polarized sun glasses and do not detect any noticeable difference when driving cars w/o the tint. i would question "same as" products. i have every confidence in 3M products, even though they are generally more expensive than others on the market, in my opinion, 3M doesn't mess around and i have never been disappointed in any of their products. if you have a question or concern, i'm certain a qualified 3M product installer could arrange for you to experience this product before you purchase it.
good to hear! that was the most of my worries. I have a guy that tints for a shop and does me some side work, he only uses Llumar, they are really high quality just like 3m. Ive currently got them it on all windows but windshield, looks great and the ceramic on my sunroof works great too! but I have no doubt 3m is as good or better than Llumar, just have no first hand exeriences