cleaning saddle/parchment interior

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2003, 02:23 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry cleaning saddle/parchment interior

Okay ... I 'm coming off a sweet '97 TL Burgandy/Grey interior. Loved it.

Now I have a 2000 Fire-pepper Red, gold trim with the saddle/parchment leather interior with wood kit and burlwood knob. Looks great.

BUT ...

Why in the hell can't I seem to get the smallest of smudges clean when it comes to any part of this new interior??? I got my oil changed yesterday and the grease/dirt/oil from the mechanic's shoe rubbed on the floor/door entry and it just WON'T frikkin' come out.

Help!! I'm a neat freak who NEEDS to have the interior spotless at all times!!

Once before I had a leather smudge that only came out with vigorous rubbing with a toothpaste and soap and water. But here on the East Coast, it's like 10 degrees and I just can't do it now.

Any comments from you giys?? I can always count on you!!

Anthony
Old 01-31-2003, 05:36 PM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I also have a parchment interior and I use Lexol leather cleaner and conditioner. I have been using it for my 99 TL for ~2 years now and it still looks good.

BTW, next time just tell the mechanic to clean it up for you. I had a similar incident with a mechanic. After fixing up my car, I noticed that there were grease/dirt/oil/whatever was all over the door entry and door handle. I told him and he just went and got something and cleaned it right off for me.