Cigarette burn on dashboard

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2003, 08:57 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cigarette burn on dashboard

During my daily smoke in the car before getting to work,
Some dumbass cuts me off and long story short, left a cig burn hole (diameter of a pen) on the cloth between the windshield and driver window.
Anyway to get that out? That burned hole is annoying me. How much would that panel cost to replace and is it easy?
Last time I smoke in the car. It's really becoming an expensive death sentence.
Old 04-01-2003, 09:04 AM
Pro

do you mean the A pillar? I think you can just pull that panel out. I guess you can either replace the entire pannel with a new one from the dealer ($$$), look for a used one in a junkyard or somewhere, or try matching the fabric material to fill the hole. Personally, I think I'd try to locate one from a junk-yard which had the same color interior. Make sure you see it to check the color match, although I think tls only have 2 interior colors.

I feel for you dude, If I couldn't smoke my stogies in my car, I'd have no place to smoke them now that smoking is banned in NY
Old 04-01-2003, 09:18 AM
Banned

Maybe a cheap alternative:

Go to a fabric store and try to mind material that is a close match and just patch it up?
Old 04-01-2003, 11:55 AM
Cruisin'

Originally posted by Turboara
do you mean the A pillar? I think you can just pull that panel out. I guess you can either replace the entire pannel with a new one from the dealer ($$$), look for a used one in a junkyard or somewhere, or try matching the fabric material to fill the hole. Personally, I think I'd try to locate one from a junk-yard which had the same color interior. Make sure you see it to check the color match, although I think tls only have 2 interior colors.

I feel for you dude, If I couldn't smoke my stogies in my car, I'd have no place to smoke them now that smoking is banned in NY
I was able to pull the panel apart. I'm just gonna wait till I get into a free loaner and take the loaners panel and replace it with mine.

Sucks that NY banned smokes in the eats/bars. Gonna be moving to Bayside this summer and not looking forward to it. Luckily I have a friend from Canada that brings down tax free cigs every month!