Chicagoland dealrships

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2002, 08:28 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chicagoland dealrships

Hello all, I have been reading the posts in this forum for a few months now and decided to finally post. This site has been very informative and has helped me in my decision to purchase a TL-S. I am currently looking for a used or new 2002 TL-S and wanted to know if anyone could recommend a dealership in the Chicagoland area. Also, if you got a great deal, could you recommend a particular salesman? Thanks in advance...
Old 04-11-2002, 09:50 PM
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Hi I bought mine in Jan from ED Napleton, got TLS in Blue, without Navi for 500 over invoice with mats, wheel locks, and trunk liner all included.
I actually did the deal over the internet, as a buyers search though i think it was invoicecirect.com. Anyway, The deal I was offered via the buyers service was for 500 over invoice from them, and it really was, no hidden charges, the invoice was as per Edmunds.
It was a pleasant experience and I would recommend them. the car had 5 miles just off the transport.
I had made a deal with Mullers Acura, before this deal, and I was friends with the owners girlfriend, and had bought several Honda's at his dealership, and they were doing me a 'favor' by selling me the car at 800 over invoice, paying extra for mats and wheel locks, and trunk liner. Then to boot, the car had 400 miles on it, it was a dealer demo from another dealer, which was so funny, since I had used that car as a demo when I went there.
I recgonized the Vin #, and when I asked to see the paperwork about the auto to see where they got it from (they told me that they didnt have the color in stock I wanted) it was from the dealer that I had gone to a month before test driving. It had way too many swirls, and you know how testers are driven!

If you want my sales person, ask me for it, and I will give it to you,
Ed Napleton Acura was a good experience for me from the 3 dealers that I was working with.
Old 04-12-2002, 10:14 AM
Advanced

I worked with both Muller's in Hoffman and Napleton. I ended up with Muller's in Hoffman. I got really ****ed around on my trade in at Napleton and that made me unhappy. Muller's told me straight up and I appreciated that.

My salesman's name is Shannon (male). I got my car just over a week ago. Great people to work with.

birchfc@sprintpcs.com is you have any questions.

Cheers!

J
Old 04-12-2002, 12:58 PM
3rd Gear

Thumbs up

Thanks for sharing your buying experience. I'll be sure to consider both dealerships as I move forward. I just hope that I'll be able to get a good deal on the leftover 2002 models. But first I need to get my finances in order before I take the next step. Thanks again!
Old 04-12-2002, 03:47 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Birch
I worked with both Muller's in Hoffman and Napleton. I ended up with Muller's in Hoffman. I got really ****ed around on my trade in at Napleton and that made me unhappy. Muller's told me straight up and I appreciated that.

My salesman's name is Shannon (male). I got my car just over a week ago. Great people to work with.

birchfc@sprintpcs.com is you have any questions.

Cheers!

J
I too got mine from Muller's (Woodfield) Acura. Arlington Acura was pretty straightforward with me, but I just got a better deal at Woodfield.

Libertyville Acura isn't bad, I bought my previous Vigor from them and many people who I know that have gone there have been relatively satisfied (as pleasant as it is to buy a car). I will never go to Pauly Acura. I posted the following on another thread a while back.

I would be careful about Pauly Acura. I posted a message here recently on the tactics I experienced with them a couple of years ago, when the '99TL came out.

I had a '93 Vigor (80K miles at the time) I was looking to trade-in. Everyone was selling the TL at sticker, so there was none of the fudging with the numbers with the trade-in. Trade-in on my car at the time was around $8500. Went to Acura of Libertyville (where I bought my Vigor) and they were close ($8200), there was a waiting list so I didn't get serious with them so I don't know if they would have budged further. Went to a few other dealers and they were in the ball park. Even went to Highland Park Lexus (I was cross shopping the ES300) and they were close, complimented me on the condition of my car, and told me that if I was serious about buying that there was probably a little more wiggle room on the trade. Then went to Pauly Acura and the following conversation occured after they looked at my car:

Salesman: Nice car, we'll give you $5,300.
Me: Huh, why is everyone else quoting me around $8K?
Salesman: On what car?
Me: What do you mean? My car.
Salesman: No, what car to purchase?
Me: (Getting pi$$ed now) THE REASON WHY I'M HERE... A TL!
Salesman: There's no way I could give you $8K on a TL purchase. If other dealers are willing to pay for that, I'll sell it to them for $8K.

How pompous and arrogant. I promptly walked out. Why would I do business with them. I vowed to let everyone know their tactics. What they were doing was the same as adding a $3K surcharge to the sticker price, they just did it by low-balling the trade.

They pi$$ed me off so much I figured I'd drive my Vigor a while longer. When I did eventually buy early this year, I didn't even call Pauly, I didn't care if they had the only car in the Chicago area, they wouldn't see my money. I would gladly drive to Wisconsin or Indiana to buy the car. Acura of Libertyville didn't have the car I wanted, Arlington Acura did and came close to selling me the car, but I got a better deal from Woodfield Acura.

As I said before, Acura of Libertyville has always been professional and I have had several friends buy from them and been satisfied. Arlington Acura was courteous and professional, but I simply got a better deal at Woodfield Acura.

My $.02
As for salesmen, keep in mind that most dealers have different salesmen for used vs. new cars, in addition I think that the experience by dealer will vary based on who you're dealing with.
Old 04-12-2002, 05:18 PM
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
I to had a bad experience at Pauly. They seem to go out of the way to piss off customers.
Old 04-12-2002, 06:34 PM
Banned

Fuse, go to Mc Grath acura of Glenview!! I got my '03 TL-P from them, and they were incredible!! If you decide to go there, ask for chris Mc Grath!! Its his son, and he is willing to bargain with you no matter what your objective is!! GOOD LUCK. These are great cars!
Old 04-13-2002, 04:48 PM
3rd Gear

I have heard positive comments about Mcgrath Acura of Glenview. I'll be sure to check them out as well. They actually have a used 2002 TL-S listed on their website for $29,980 of which I am interested. It did not indicate whether it had navi or not. I am assuming not. It has 12,366 miles on it. Isn't their asking price a bit high? What would be a reasonable offer for this particular car? Just wondering...