Check this out! Toyota Celica GTS tried to race me

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 02:41 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check this out! Toyota Celica GTS tried to race me

So.. I was driving here in Long Island, NY on the Long Island Expressway (LIE) out eat to the outlets.. and I spot this silver Celica GTS in the middle lane with blacked out windows.. so of course.. I want to see who's in it.. so I speed up to see who's inside, and there's this girl driving it.. so I said to myself "Look at this Guidette thinkin' she's all cute in her Celica".. well.. the fun begins here.

She speeds up ever so much to get ahead of me in the middle lane (I'm in the left lane).. and I said to myself "this biatch wants to race me".. Now.. here I'm thinking to myself "She has NO clue that I'd rip past in a heartbeat".. so.. of course.. I floor it, and take off.. before I know it, I'm doing 115mph on the LIE.. so we slow down..and she tries to gun it again.. and I even let her get 10 car lengths ahead of me.. so.. I speed up.. put my window down, and laughed at her when she looked at me (you should have seen the look on her face..it was priceless - like she had that "who the f*ck does this guy think he is laughing at me" look on her face.. it was too funny.

So.. we get to the end of the LIE out in eastern Long Island, and we come to a light.. and it just so happened, that it was 2 lanes, and we both had the first in line at the light.. so I put my window down and said to her "Don't you have a f*cking clue that your car is nothing compared to mine??".. so she starts saying "f*ck you a$$hole".. and as she's yelling at me.. I rolled up my window throwing her attitude.. and the light turned green, I floored it, and took off leaving her and her Big Red Bow on her rearview mirror in the dust. And.. to finish off the whole thing, I put my hand threw the moonroof, and gave her the finger.

Call me childish to race a girl, but nothing for nothing.. guy or girl.. don't race something you have no chance in hell winning against!
Old 05-07-2004, 02:51 AM
Boomer SOONER

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
hahaha thats funny as hell! good work, might as well put them in their place...whoever it is!
Old 05-07-2004, 04:23 AM
Racer

so ur proud of dusting a car that's 80 hp less than yours which a girl drives???

umm.. i'm happy for u i guess...
Old 05-07-2004, 05:29 AM
Life goes on.

No offense but, you may have provoked a "nice" innocent girl by "speeding" up to see who was behind the "tinted" windows. she may have taken that as an act of agression on your part and went from zero to bitch in .02 seconds. Somehow , just cannot justify speeding up to see who was sitting behind a tinted Celica. If the woman/girl was in a Celica or another TL or an exotic sports car and happened to be drop dead beautiful, it may have been worth it to speed up to see. Was it really worth it gunning your engine to satisfy who was in a tinted Celica? What if she was in a funky color debadged spoilerless Subaru WRX STI?... We are happy for you but to each man his own....
Old 05-07-2004, 06:11 AM
@ slide or die @

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
its very hard not to know to notice what a debadged spoilerless Subaru WRX STI or even a reg WRX...if any TL-S can take on one of these ill be very impressed.

*edit: incredible mixpeling
Old 05-07-2004, 06:14 AM
Banned

You should have just got out the car and punched her in the throat. That would have proved that you truly are a "man".
Old 05-07-2004, 06:49 AM
2400 Watts in a TL...Why?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Guy or Girl it doesn't matter, bottom line, If someone trys to blow my doors off and I know I might/should/could win, "ding ding" game on.....

Nice kill - if the girl didn't want to race you, she wouldn't have, she tried and you stuck her foot in her mouth.....nice work.....props either way guy or girl.

For some reason we wouldn't see stupid comments like "punch her in the throat" if there was a guy in the GTS. If it was a guy he would be alot heavier than the avg girl.

And if you were beat by the GTS you wouldn't have lived it down, so I don't see much of an option....If a civic wants to race me, guy or girl, I'll put them in my rear view......
Old 05-07-2004, 07:27 AM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
I love to see how racing is a "I beat you so I gotta give you the finger" type of thing these days ...

What happened to respect for the other person you're racing? Shit whatever the hell I'm racing, be it a POS falling apart Corolla, girl, guy ... whoeever I still pay respect to the person (assuming they could catch up to see me) ...

Cuz thats the respect I'd expect if i was racing someone faster.

You may think that its pointless to race a car thats a lot faster than you ... but yet I see the posts around here congratulating someone driving a 2000 TL-P for "keeping with" a G35c. So, maybe the G35c driver should rolled down the window and said "Your FWD POS can't keep up with mine in the twisties to save your life!" ... and then proceeded to give the finger. If that happened, I'm sure the responses would be ... "All Infiniti drivers are dicks".

There's nothing wrong with having some fun, but you're being a dick rolling down your window and telling her that her car is nothing. Giving the finger is stupid too ... but thanks for representing Acura drivers as dicks.
Old 05-07-2004, 08:56 AM
Life goes on.

Originally Posted by LiQiCE

There's nothing wrong with having some fun, but you're being a dick rolling down your window and telling her that her car is nothing. Giving the finger is stupid too ... but thanks for representing Acura drivers as dicks.
Good point. It would have been a real good kill if the girl/woman in the Celica was tailgating the thread starter weaving in and out of traffic and being a bitch and the thread starter in the TL whipped her good. But in this case, the TL provoked the incident. Its always better to be able to whip the opponent if he/she has a better and faster car than our TL's than if they were driving something less. Would anyone here willing to gun their engine to try to provoke a Hyundai Accent or a Kia Sephia without due cause and be proud to say hey all I baited a Hyundai/Yugo/Kia to race me and I owned them with my TL/TL-S? where is the glory in that unless they were the one who provoked you to do it. If you are the one who instigated the race and they own you, then be a man/woman and suck it up. You don't have to give the other driver the finger or call names....
Old 05-07-2004, 09:17 AM
im the best

Originally Posted by ItalnMuslNYC
"Don't you have a f*cking clue that your car is nothing compared to mine??".. so she starts saying "f*ck you a$$hole"
... i probably would too. how quick we are to judge eh? its interesting to see the varying range of comments from good kill to the representing acura owners as dicks, which i enjoy and agree with.
Old 05-07-2004, 09:40 AM
Life goes on.

Originally Posted by shogun
... i probably would too. how quick we are to judge eh? its interesting to see the varying range of comments from good kill to the representing acura owners as dicks, which i enjoy and agree with.
So your agree that Acura owners are "dicks?"
Old 05-07-2004, 10:09 AM
im the best

haha yeah i can be! but haha yeah that's funny the way it reads!

i'll say.. i agree with LiQiCE hehe
Old 05-07-2004, 10:25 AM
I'd rather be driving:

Hey, I'm all for a good kill story, vs. a "girl" or whatever; it's the car and driver's skill that's being tested, not the testosterone level. The taunt at the end however was unnecessary and in bad taste.

My 2¢
Old 05-07-2004, 10:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by LiQiCE
... but thanks for representing Acura drivers as dicks.
Dear ItalnMuslNYC ,

Wow, good job dick head. Go race a girl in something worth telling us. Don't tell me your next thread was "Check this out! Geo Metro tired to race me" Not only did you prove you're an idiot for trying to drive reckless on public street, but a dick head for what you did at the end.
Old 05-07-2004, 11:43 AM
Boomer SOONER

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I think its funny that most people :tflamer: the hell out of you right off the bat - its easy to talk shit on a place like this.

If you dont agree with what the other person said, thats all you have to say. seems like everyone is trying to one up the last shit talker. come on guys, this place is for fun, nothing else.
Old 05-07-2004, 11:43 AM
Now watch this drive

I thought it was funny. . .
Old 05-07-2004, 12:22 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ItalnMuslNYC = Jackass PERIOD..
Old 05-07-2004, 12:24 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
10 car lengths... Right.

Racing is fun, and I don't discriminate my opponents, but it's people like you give us a bad name by being a dick. I throw a thumbs-up and a nod whether I win or lose. There's absolutely no need to talk shit. Grow up.
Old 05-07-2004, 12:32 PM
2003 SSM TLS

Well stated Pure Adrenaline. I agree.
Old 05-07-2004, 03:23 PM
Advanced

I got the impression that she didn't want ItalnMuslNYC staring at her. Imagine someone pulling up beside you and staring at you. Feel uncomfortable yet? Especially if you are a girl, you never know what weirdos are out there.

So instinctively, I think that she would either speed up or slow down - she chose to speed up, but I really don't think that she was intending to race. You caught up to her (and probably started looking at her again), she sped up again (so that she would not feel uncomfortable having you stare at her). And then you roll down your window and start to say sh!t when all she could have wanted to do was not have some weirdo constantly play games on the road like that. She wanted to get away from you... not race you!

I don't know about you, but it sure seems like you were harassing a innocent girl than racing a "Guidette thinkin' she's all cute in her Celica".
Old 05-07-2004, 03:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
She should have shot him :rocketwho:
Old 05-07-2004, 03:58 PM
1st Gear

Moron

Old 05-07-2004, 04:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bincent
I got the impression that she didn't want ItalnMuslNYC staring at her. Imagine someone pulling up beside you and staring at you. Feel uncomfortable yet? Especially if you are a girl, you never know what weirdos are out there.

So instinctively, I think that she would either speed up or slow down - she chose to speed up, but I really don't think that she was intending to race. You caught up to her (and probably started looking at her again), she sped up again (so that she would not feel uncomfortable having you stare at her). And then you roll down your window and start to say sh!t when all she could have wanted to do was not have some weirdo constantly play games on the road like that. She wanted to get away from you... not race you!

I don't know about you, but it sure seems like you were harassing a innocent girl than racing a "Guidette thinkin' she's all cute in her Celica".

I've had my share of ricers who wants to see how much muscle a Type-S can have. Once their in my rear views, and has a hard time catchin up, then most of them get the message.

Once in a while, we drive the speed limit (or a tad above), then a car blows past us. It could be a higher performance car than the TL or just maybe a K-car. If it was an M5 or a 911, I betcha would think twice in gunning it and catching up, 'coz you know you will lose. But if it's an "inferior" machine, then those with hurt egos won't let that happen.

We don't know what is going on inside their car, maybe they're in a rush because someone had a heart attack, or maybe they're in dire need to get to a crapper ASAP.

Because of my age, I don't take these things personally anymore, they can blow past me all they want, as long as they don't try to kill me, they can knock themselves out. There are countless times when I encountered drivers who want to do it "one time" at the green. I just do a quick 0-60 and make them eat dust, then ease off. Then they blow past me thinking they're winning. It's me who has the last laugh when I see them pulled over to the side signing their speeding ticket from the cop. It's just more fun that way.

I don't need to burn too much rubber or risk jacking up my insurance for a moment's worth of adrenalin rush. All I know is I'm driving a better car than what they have.

If you want to be a good race driver, then prove it..... on the track.
Old 05-07-2004, 05:04 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
hahah not the responses he was hoping to get
Old 05-07-2004, 06:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
Originally Posted by vicman17
I've had my share of ricers who wants to see how much muscle a Type-S can have. Once their in my rear views, and has a hard time catchin up, then most of them get the message.

Once in a while, we drive the speed limit (or a tad above), then a car blows past us. It could be a higher performance car than the TL or just maybe a K-car. If it was an M5 or a 911, I betcha would think twice in gunning it and catching up, 'coz you know you will lose. But if it's an "inferior" machine, then those with hurt egos won't let that happen.
part of that is true... but in my case untrue in the fact that i pulled up next to a supra in a sentra... i knew i was gonna lose... without a doubt i knew he would whoop my ass... but i raced him anywayz to 0-60... some ppl don't always do it for the ego trip... i had 2 girls in the car and they were laughing their asses off with me when he took me by 200 car lengths... sometimes its just for the adrenaline rush as other have said it to be...
Old 05-07-2004, 07:05 PM
Banned

Childish... yess.... but funny. LoL. Yeah defenitely not the responses he was lookign to get.
Old 05-08-2004, 12:24 AM
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
As always, I agree with vicman17 and OU Sig. They are veterans of this site and speak the truth. Racing on the street can be fun, usually is, win or lose, but be safe and reasonable. Going 115 mph is by no means safe. I'm not saying I've never done similar speeds before, we've all had our stupid moments. Keep it resonable. But seriously, be a good sport a show some respect and class. We drive TL's, act like you have some as well. There's no shame in racing a Celica, Civic, Eclipse, etc., because they could be easily modded out to be much faster than any TL would be stock. But as vicman17 said, if you want to strut your stuff, do it on the track where it is safe and legal.
Old 05-08-2004, 03:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jayhawk815
As always, I agree with vicman17 and OU Sig. They are veterans of this site and speak the truth. Racing on the street can be fun, usually is, win or lose, but be safe and reasonable. Going 115 mph is by no means safe. I'm not saying I've never done similar speeds before, we've all had our stupid moments. Keep it resonable. But seriously, be a good sport a show some respect and class. We drive TL's, act like you have some as well. There's no shame in racing a Celica, Civic, Eclipse, etc., because they could be easily modded out to be much faster than any TL would be stock. But as vicman17 said, if you want to strut your stuff, do it on the track where it is safe and legal.
Ok unless you people are from NY... I guess you dont realize.. he did on the LIE over by Riverhead. Those roads are empty as anything and 4 lanes, big divider each way. To me... I dont see anythign wrong doing it over there. I mean if he was weaving through traffic, then I wouldnt condone it, but where he did it, is fine.
Old 05-08-2004, 03:20 AM
i

well, the way you describe it, it seems that girl is a bitch, so i would have probably done the same thing...she could have said "nice car, lets race again, ill win" or "damn ur pretty fast", but she goes off "f*ck u asshole", those are the kinda girls you wanna sock in the face...and i really dont think that same girl is gonna see another TL and think "oh he muct be an asshole", i know i dont discriminate by car, everyones got their own personality...the finger part, yeaaaa i woulda rather jus waved and given her a big smile and blown off...
but i think thats funny
Old 05-08-2004, 03:29 AM
i

i just read the "show some class part because you drive a TL"...SHOW SOME CLASS! my friend would take his moms LS430 out and try to race people...show some class, thats hilarious...it doesnt matter what car you drive. U can choose to be classy or a jerk. If i was rich as hell, i'd go buy myself a Bentley Arnage T and id OWN PPL IN CLASS...then maybe to show some class id sip some cream soda through a martini glass when they show up at the next light a couple seconds after me

Personally, i love it when old people who drive really bad look over at me and shake their head with the intent of "stupid idiot teenage driver who will crash into me"...I LOVE THAT, U KNO WUT I DO, I LOOK AT THEM AND I SHAKE MY HEAD EVEN MORE VIGOROUSLY, and even mouth "what the hell are you doing?!?"...i live in a city with alot of uptight old people
Old 05-08-2004, 05:13 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by moahdriven
well, the way you describe it, it seems that girl is a bitch, so i would have probably done the same thing...she could have said "nice car, lets race again, ill win" or "damn ur pretty fast", but she goes off "f*ck u asshole", those are the kinda girls you wanna sock in the face...and i really dont think that same girl is gonna see another TL and think "oh he muct be an asshole", i know i dont discriminate by car, everyones got their own personality...the finger part, yeaaaa i woulda rather jus waved and given her a big smile and blown off...
but i think thats funny
If you read carefully, she only said "f*ck u asshole" because he rolled his window down and provoked her first by saying her car is nothing compared to his. In my opinion this is totally unneccessary. Why would you ever roll up to a car with a girl that you don't even know and say something like that. If I was in her position I would be pissed as well.
Old 05-08-2004, 10:38 AM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Like NYDesi80 said, that place is like DEAD! Like at anytime of the day on any day of the week.
Old 05-08-2004, 11:57 AM
Banned

LOL too bad u didnt get a pic of her at the light when u two were stopped with a camera phone or soemthing, would of been a great kodak moment
Old 05-08-2004, 05:14 PM
Intermediate

haha, pretty funny and disturbing at the sametime... better than being challenged by soccer mom/dads in their minivans as I'm so disgustingly accustomed to... :-(
Old 05-08-2004, 06:44 PM
i

Originally Posted by Type-Sothea
If you read carefully, she only said "f*ck u asshole" because he rolled his window down and provoked her first by saying her car is nothing compared to his. In my opinion this is totally unneccessary. Why would you ever roll up to a car with a girl that you don't even know and say something like that. If I was in her position I would be pissed as well.

ur right, i skipped over that...that was an assholish thing to do. O well, everyones different
Old 05-08-2004, 09:23 PM
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
i just read the "show some class part because you drive a TL"...SHOW SOME CLASS! my friend would take his moms LS430 out and try to race people...show some class, thats hilarious...it doesnt matter what car you drive. U can choose to be classy or a jerk. If i was rich as hell, i'd go buy myself a Bentley Arnage T and id OWN PPL IN CLASS...then maybe to show some class id sip some cream soda through a martini glass when they show up at the next light a couple seconds after me

Personally, i love it when old people who drive really bad look over at me and shake their head with the intent of "stupid idiot teenage driver who will crash into me"...I LOVE THAT, U KNO WUT I DO, I LOOK AT THEM AND I SHAKE MY HEAD EVEN MORE VIGOROUSLY, and even mouth "what the hell are you doing?!?"...i live in a city with alot of uptight old people
There's a difference between having class and being a snob. Also, you can also either be an immature, high school mentalitied jerk, or you can show that you at least graduated high school. No offense to those kids still in high school and have TL's, you're not who I'm targeting (wish I could've had one when I was in h.s.). Oh well, too each their own. peace.
Old 05-08-2004, 09:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by KaMLuNg
part of that is true... but in my case untrue in the fact that i pulled up next to a supra in a sentra... i knew i was gonna lose... without a doubt i knew he would whoop my ass... but i raced him anywayz to 0-60... some ppl don't always do it for the ego trip... i had 2 girls in the car and they were laughing their asses off with me when he took me by 200 car lengths... sometimes its just for the adrenaline rush as other have said it to be...

You didn't do it for the ego trip but I betcha the guy in the Supra did!

Play safe guys.
Old 05-08-2004, 10:13 PM
Burning Brakes

You're right, the class is with the driver, not the car. Just recently, I saw a really nice Silver E 55 AMG stopped at the lights. There were about 3 or 4 "younger" occupants. As the light turned green, the driver did a burnout (you can hear the supercharger whine like crazy) and probably churned off about a year's worth of tire tread before even passing the intersection.

I'm sure junior was having a nice time around town with his buddies showing off daddy's car. Personally, I felt sorry for the owner, or whoever was going to buy it as a "certified pre-owned".

As far as the old people routine, think about this-

These old people may be at the final stages of their lives and are trying to enjoy it by exercising their freedom- driving their own car. We as sane, alert individuals see what kind of move they may be doing way ahead of time, so we in essence should be "defensive". It means that as a BETTER driver, we can be the one to avoid accidents before it happens and not cause it. They do not drive as well as us, nor are their reflexes as good as ours. Remember that however we laugh at the mannerisms of our seniors, it is inevitable that we will be one of them someday.

Bottom line is, show some respect. Some of these seniors are the ones whom we owe the freedom to enjoy such liberties and conveniences we now have. Like the roads that we are priviledged to drive on.
Old 05-08-2004, 10:21 PM
Racer

was she at least hot?
Old 05-09-2004, 09:12 AM
Team INSPIRE Canada

i agree with vicman17 all the way

Originally Posted by Bxscig
Like NYDesi80 said, that place is like DEAD! Like at anytime of the day on any day of the week.
side streets are not to be played on, just think about the families in the vans or punks in thier ricers hitting the vans with families in them! but there is a point where empty highways must be played on!

G.T.A. drivers must all come in with me on this that there are some very nice open stretches on the 427+401+400+ even those nice curves on the gardner or DVP which MAY all be safe at the right time of day!

The thing you have to hate the most are ricers who flash from behind, and it's not the obvious "get outta this lane and let me pass, flash" but the ones where they know/think they can beat me/us and wanna prove so flash.

1. last summer up to the cottage on the 400, silver 2k+ debadged prelude all done up to the tits with mods and stickers, tailed and flashed me from behind on the middle lane with all other lanes open while the family was asleep in the car. all it took was 10 sec's to get me geared up, flashed my hazards, shifted to 3rd and it was on! stupid, very stupid, but with family or not he was asking for it! he came around quickly knew he was the sh!t but i always kept a car length's distance behind him for at least 3 minutes ( which felt like 20 ) right up until the wife woke up with the sound of the wind echoing through the sunroof at 185 km and thought that we were going a little too quick. but i gotta love our suspension for keeping her asleep for that long.
backed down, with heart thumping cuz of the loss but i think it was a job well done .................. and no fingers thrown in the air! ps. in an open highway!

2. just put on my Tanabe's last week and within 2 days had the same instance with a red GSR with 1 med. male driver. sure showed him though
1.heavy car 2. 2x full size males (200+pnds) in car 3. full 2x12 w/box 4.3/4 tank of gas and a k&n filter.
he came up from behind, flashed numerous times came around driver side at speed, same routine for me, shifted down and VTEC'd his integra for 2 minutes at 180km with his half done up un-painted body kit and hwy427 dust on his carbon hood. hehe :clown:

noticed he was pulling off to the shoulder, i slowed down enough to give him a grin and watch him exit with his GSR knowing he learned his lesson not to go up against a TL! :diablotin <--- the grin's were i can say i was a dick!
man, never mind the fact he was on 4 cyl's, that dude needed a

BTW, my buddy in the car was a newbie to all this and almost sh!t his pants! but at least i've now convinced him to be a HONDA/ACURA owner!

Quick Reply: Check this out! Toyota Celica GTS tried to race me