Cheapest place for Rotora rotors...

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 01:00 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Cheapest place for Rotora rotors...

Hey guys, I've got the world famous shakes when I brake, which leads me to believe its my rear rotors, but I'd like to replace all 4, so what is the cheapest place you have found for the Rotoras?? Also, have any of you guys just swapped out the rotors and left your stock pads intact?? Is this a bad idea, should I replace the pads as well?? I just bought the car and it looks like the front pads are pretty much brand new, so I'd hate to replace them already, thanks a lot!!
Old 04-01-2004, 06:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
First off please check your PM regarding yoru avatar

Secondly, you most liekly warped yoru front rotors, not the rears, since the shake is coming through your steering wheel, and also since your front brakes do most of the braking.

Regarding Rotora rotors, do a search, but mbe warned that some have had delays when ordering from them from what I have heard. I recommend upgrading your pads at the same time since our pads just suck as is. Alot of people love Axxis pads, I have Porterfields on mine, and I absolutely love them. If you are changing your brakes, might as well upgrade at the same time.
Old 04-01-2004, 07:55 PM
Advanced

Well, I think its the rears cuz' the whole car shakes, not the steering wheel. I'm trying to get by as cheap as possible, so what is the cheapest, best combo people have found that last a considerable amount of time....
Old 04-01-2004, 11:20 PM
Advanced

I've got the shakes too with 51K miles and I just bought these right from the rotora website. I ordered them last Friday and got them on Wednesday. If the weather holds up this weekend, I'll be putting them on. BTW, I paid 285 for the rotors and Axxis pads. When I called to see if they had them in stock, they guy wanted to charge me more for shipping than what the website said, so he honored the site price...

Old 04-02-2004, 02:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Originally Posted by slickshoes
Hey guys, I've got the world famous shakes when I brake, which leads me to believe its my rear rotors, but I'd like to replace all 4, so what is the cheapest place you have found for the Rotoras?? Also, have any of you guys just swapped out the rotors and left your stock pads intact?? Is this a bad idea, should I replace the pads as well?? I just bought the car and it looks like the front pads are pretty much brand new, so I'd hate to replace them already, thanks a lot!!
FYI, we sell the fronts for $169.99 plus shipping and the rear for $141.99 + shipping. http://www.c-c-c.net/CustomCarCreati...BrakesMain.htm . Honestly I'd recommend changing the pads with the rotors. This way all of the pads are new, and they'll all wear evenly on the new rotors....