Cheapest place to find a factory style spoiler?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2002, 08:41 AM
Rickrack79@hotmail.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheapest place to find a factory style spoiler?

Where's the best place get a spoiler for my car. I'll probably stick with the factory style spoiler. Any suggestions? Is it pretty easy to install by yourself? Are there wires already run to the trunk from the factory or do have to buy anything extra to wire up the brake lights?
Old 06-13-2002, 08:49 AM
Burning Brakes

Tim sells the OEM ones here, but I found one off of eBay that is a factory replica. The bidding actually went up, so I went to the website (spoilerdepot.com) and called them direct via their 800 number and ordered it for $204, painted and shipped. Spoiler came in about a week later, perfect color match with led and everything. It took me about 15 minutes to drill the holes for it and to mount it. The wiring isn't too difficult either. It looks awesome, but is a bit heavy. You will have to adjust your trunk torsion springs or buy and install heavy duty ones if you want your trunk to "pop" open like the way it does now.
Old 06-13-2002, 10:41 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ordered the body kit from Tim but i got my trunk spoiler from Sportwing.com. It came painted (flawlessly I might add) in the hard to match WDP color, for $175! They sell 'em on ebay from time to time (i dont recall what ebay username) and you can grab it cheaper that way that if you go to their website. Its the spoiler that starts with an opening bid of $105. Actually, if you go to the company site for the phone number and then call them and ask for the guy that deals with the ebay auctions (i am sorrry that i cant recall his name, but there is only one guy there that handles the ebay stuff so they will know who you are talking about) you can probably talk him into selling you one for the $105 price without bothering with ebay bidding. Painting will cost only $70 and it was sure worth it given the nice job they do. i spoke to the guy on the phone when i ordered mine, and he told me they do 7 coats in total and have a special spray booth where they paint them in. i was impressed with the results. Shipping was $20 and totally worth it. it was packed carefully and arrived perfectly. NOTE the spoiler is fiberglass so its a little heavier than the blow molded plastic one that is used OEM. We are only talking a matter of maybe a pound or less, but you will not get you trunk to pop all the way open anymore when you install it, even if you adjust the trunk bars to the stronger setting. There was some talk on this site no too long ago that Acura actually has a different set of springs for the trunk when you have a spoiler. they are cheap, like $35 but for me i dont mind the trunk not flopping open.
Old 06-14-2002, 12:28 AM
Comptech Freak

what if i get someone to do it for me??
Old 06-14-2002, 01:19 AM
Three Wheelin'

go to the junkyard
Old 06-14-2002, 07:08 AM
Burning Brakes

There was some talk on this site no too long ago that Acura actually has a different set of springs for the trunk when you have a spoiler. they are cheap, like $35 but for me i dont mind the trunk not flopping open.
Yes, Acura does have heavy-duty trunk springs. They cost be about $35 and I bought the tool from a Honda dealership, under $10, because the Acura dealerships had to special order it

If you are interested, you can search and get the part number...I don't know it off hand.