Centric Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 03:40 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Centric Rotors

Do any of you have the Centric High Performance rotors? My friend mechanic recommended this one. I know the most popular rotor here in the forum is the Rotora slotted. I did menthion this to my mechanic and he says its a good rotor as well. I used to install blank Brembo on my other car (Accord) but my friend told me that the Brembo's are not what is used to be. Parts now are made in Mexico and based on my experience are easily warped.

Another thing is that I've read this article in powerstoprotors.com and I need your comments:

"Some people prefer slotted rotors because of problems that came about when cross drilled rotors first came to market. At that time, quite frequently the holes were drilled too large, penetrated the cooling vanes, and were not radiused or chamfered. The end result was that the rotor lost its structural integrity and tended to crack, so slotted rotors were developed. Today, we rarely experience problem with cross drilled rotors unless they are subjected to extreme abuse, such as in competition. They do help dissipate the hot gasses, but not to the same degree as cross drilled, usually lowering operating temperatures about 100 degrees. They also tend to wear brake pads quicker because the slots act like a razor blade each time they go by. "

Is it true that slotted rotors wear the pads quicker?
Old 06-27-2005, 03:48 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by progz
Do any of you have the Centric High Performance rotors? My friend mechanic recommended this one. I know the most popular rotor here in the forum is the Rotora slotted. I did menthion this to my mechanic and he says its a good rotor as well. I used to install blank Brembo on my other car (Accord) but my friend told me that the Brembo's are not what is used to be. Parts now are made in Mexico and based on my experience are easily warped.

Another thing is that I've read this article in powerstoprotors.com and I need your comments:

"Some people prefer slotted rotors because of problems that came about when cross drilled rotors first came to market. At that time, quite frequently the holes were drilled too large, penetrated the cooling vanes, and were not radiused or chamfered. The end result was that the rotor lost its structural integrity and tended to crack, so slotted rotors were developed. Today, we rarely experience problem with cross drilled rotors unless they are subjected to extreme abuse, such as in competition. They do help dissipate the hot gasses, but not to the same degree as cross drilled, usually lowering operating temperatures about 100 degrees. They also tend to wear brake pads quicker because the slots act like a razor blade each time they go by. "

Is it true that slotted rotors wear the pads quicker?
Yep.