Cellular phone toys.

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2001, 04:43 PM
Purchased: April 28, 2001

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Post Cellular phone toys.

I'm trying to look for something to plug in the front cigarrete lighter that gives me a visual warning if a call is comming in through the cell phone. A friend of mine has these little battery operated toys that flash when a call is comming in, but I would like ones that acually use the cigarrete lighter since the battery of those toys run out too fast. Does anyone know if they even make these? The toys at first seem rather useless, but after missing a few calls when I have the stereo on too loud made me reconsider. Sometimes I get a little buzz from the speakers when I use the phone, but unfortunately they aren't consistent enough and some calls do manage to get in even though I dont get any audio warnings like that buzz. I just came back from a Japanese Import store and the best I was able to find were little dinosaurs that light up and screem when a call come in. I'd rather go a little bit more conservative and just get a light and the cigarette plug. Hope I'm making sense to some people at least.

------------------
2002 3.2 TL Type S with Navigation
Exterior: Aegean Blue Pearl
At 3% over invoice, who can complain?
Old 06-04-2001, 06:52 PM

Exclamation

I don't know about that but are you aware of pro-fit brackets? (search for "pro-fit")They work great in all my cars!

Old 06-04-2001, 06:58 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What kind of phone do you have?

Some phones allow you to have an antenna that lights up when it is ringing. I got that for my girl for her Nokia.
Old 06-04-2001, 07:03 PM
Purchased: April 28, 2001

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It shouldnt matter what type of phone you have. I have both my phones inside the cup holder area. I basically took the cup holders out and use that as my cell phone holder. I'm trying to look for those key chains that flash when they detect a cell phone signal, but attaches to the cigarrete lighter of a car. I'm not even sure if they make those, but I'm just saying is that if anyone finds anything of the sort...give me a holler.

------------------
2002 3.2 TL Type S with Navigation
Exterior: Aegean Blue Pearl
At 3% over invoice, who can complain?
Old 06-04-2001, 10:31 PM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh but it does matter what type of cellular phone you have. If you have a digital CDMA phone (Sprint PCS, Verizon, etc), you may have a hard time getting something to light up that is detached from the phone. The way those devices work is when a phone rings, the phone is activated on the paging channel. Any device near that phone can detect that the phone is being paged. (When you answer, the phone operates on the voice channel). CDMA phones DO NOT emit a very strong signal when they are being paged. OTOH, other GSM/TDMA digital phones perk up quite nicely when paged. You can tell when they are near computer monitors and stereo speakers; lots of buzzing and noise and interferece. Analog phones included. CDMA phone's rarely do this so for them, your best bet is an attachment (like an antenna) directly on the phone.

I've seen the attachments and key chain stuff all over Hong Kong and Korea (antennas). Not very popular over here in the US. I would ask in a cellular phone forum similar to this one.

------------------
* 2001 Acura CL Type S * Blk/Blk * Navigator * Spoiler * Moonroof Visor *
* Since 3/31/2000 *
Road Warrior
Old 06-04-2001, 10:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
OT

------------------
Just call me..................Mr Hyde

TL Type-S Forum Moderator

02 Aegean Blue TL Type-S with Navi