catback exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2002, 03:51 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question catback exhausts

Does anyone have a catback exhaust on their car yet? A system from HKS, Greddy, etc. I'm curious as to how the car feels after you installed one.. the stock exhaust has bottlenecks galore.

I'm only interested in catback systems, axleback does just about nothing for power gains. If you have sound samples, that helps too. Thanks
Old 09-11-2002, 02:20 AM
Racer

Sup adam,

I have the GReddy EVOs for bout a few months now. I luv how they sound. Not too loud like the ones on the 4bangers but still noticable. It's only kinda loud when the car is all warmed up and the GReddy's warmed up too. The RPM range is 2K-3.5K when you hear the EVOs. Or you can hear it when you gas it all the way. For me I hear my Injen CAI more than the GReddy's. Sorry i don't have pics or sound clips but if you want another opinion Snapple from this board heard my exhausts. i can't really tell you bout the performance gains cause i didn't dyno'd my ride. I do notice some performance gain tho. It does pickup speed faster than b4. All in all it depends how loud do u want the exhausts to be. If you want it to be a little quieter, get HKS. Laters

Payce~!

EvoRTL-S (I N S P I R E D) TL TypeS

TEAM EVOLUTION Racing
Old 09-11-2002, 06:05 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
No one makes a catback exhaust for the TL. You'd have to have something custom done.

EvoRTL-S, I am assuming you are just talking about the axleback Greddy's or did you have someone custom make a catback?
Old 09-11-2002, 10:35 AM
Advanced

Originally posted by NSXNEXT
No one makes a catback exhaust for the TL. You'd have to have something custom done.
then why are they advertised on this site?

EvoRTL-S: thanks for the info.. kinda surprising the greddy is that quiet, there's quite a difference between V6 tones and 4 banger tones
Old 09-11-2002, 12:11 PM
Racer

NSXNEXT,

Yeah there wasn't ne catback exhaust systems for our TL's that are DIRECT BOLT-ON's. I know GReddy doesn't make axleback exhausts but they do make catbacks. I had to buy the 98-02 Accord V6 application and doing some minor custom work to make it fit on the TL-S. The cat flange that came with the EVOs needs to be modified a bit and the piping that came with the GReddy (the one that bolts on the cat) also needs to be extended bout 2"-4". For the cans its all based on preference and where u live (Driveways, speedbumps, potholes, etc..) cause the cans do sit a little low. To fix that you just need to mod the hangers. I chose not to mod the hangers, it looks fine to me and I don't scrape so far. Well one could buy the GReddy full catback system (Accord V6) and just use the mufflers by doing some welding and stuff but thats a waste of money . But you will just have the looks and similar to stock sound and no performance gains. hope this answers ur question.

adam,

No prob. One thing I know why 6banger exhausts are quieter than 4banger is because the 6banger has dual mufflers so the flow and the sound gets divided into two mufflers so it gets toned down a bit whereas the 4banger only has one muffler. so I guess thats y the EVOs are quieter on the TL's than on Integ's or Ludes.

Payce~!

EvoRTL-S (I N S P I R E D) TL TypeS :p

TEAM EVOLUTION Racing