Be careful this holiday, and the tl has great handling

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 12:46 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Be careful this holiday, and the tl has great handling

Just want to wish everyone here a safe and happy holiday. Tonight I was made to realize how this happy time could also turn tragic quickly.

I just installed my new rear brake pads and finally took the car for a drive after almost a week of leaving it park due to the brake and the strike. I also took my friend, sister and mother to do some last minute shopping. On our way back, around 11:30 tonight, on the Bronx river parkway, I was driving in the middle lane when suddenly a SUV, a black Ford explorer, came off the ramp and just came directly into the middle lane, the car didn't slow or merge or anything, just headed straight for my lane. I had to make a quick left to avoid it and the car headed straight for the divider and felt the car losing control. All I could do was steer ,brake,accelerate to pass other car or slow down. All I heard was the tire screeching while I zigzag around half a dozen car to get my car back under control. If there were more car i am sure i would have cause an accident. If I would have hit any car it would have been a muilti-car accident. All the while the idiot in the SUV kept trying to pass everyone without even slowing down while I lost control. Other cars slowed down or try to avoid me but not this fool. The back of my car was swirling, but all I was focus on was steering the car. All of a sudden when I thought I was about to go into a ditch and turn my wheel a bit to the left, the car became 100% stable and smooth. I was amaze. Everything was over as fast as it started.

I regain control and got off at my exit and saw the suv also exiting where my exit was at Fordham at full speed cutting off everyone. I couldn't help but roll my window down as it pass and yell "fuck you jackass." That mofo is either drunk or just stupid, I hope he is drunk because of the way he drive and hope he drive better if he isn't. If he is just a stupid fuck, get off the damn road.

My friend try to calm me down, he joked and said that now he believes me that I use to streetrace, because only someone that race could have pull off that manuever I just did. That was something out of the movies and wished the camera he had just bought was on and recorded it, now every movie racing scenes he see will remind him of this. That really help me feel a little better and I laugh at what just happened and assure my mother and sister I had everything under control the whole time. When everything sunk in, I felt my leg getting numb, was glad it didn't when I was manuevering.

But I have to give the TL credit, it responded beautifully, I was a little upset because I always thought it won't drive like my old my eclipse and accord. I drive this car like an old lady and never push it or test out it's performance. I am used to hard cornering and turn but it was all under my control, this was unplanned and I had no control over the situation.

I check my car, nothing at all, I though for sure I burned out my tires or damaged them somehow because I was swirling on 3 lanes screeching the whole time. Well,after that little ordeal, my TL deserved a good wash, and I really learned to respect and appreciate what this car is capable of.

I hope everyone is safe and not run into some jackass on the road like I did tonight. Funny thing is, I am not mad now, feelling really good I decided to buy such a great car.

So everyone, have a great holiday, best wished to you all and your family and be safe.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:05 AM
99TL-p 114K

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bx-tls
Just want to wish everyone here a safe and happy holiday. Tonight I was made to realize how this happy time could also turn tragic quickly.

I just installed my new rear brake pads and finally took the car for a drive after almost a week of leaving it park due to the brake and the strike. I also took my friend, sister and mother to do some last minute shopping. On our way back, around 11:30 tonight, on the Bronx river parkway, I was driving in the middle lane when suddenly a SUV, a black Ford explorer, came off the ramp and just came directly into the middle lane, the car didn't slow or merge or anything, just headed straight for my lane. I had to make a quick left to avoid it and the car headed straight for the divider and felt the car losing control. All I could do was steer ,brake,accelerate to pass other car or slow down. All I heard was the tire screeching while I zigzag around half a dozen car to get my car back under control. If there were more car i am sure i would have cause an accident. If I would have hit any car it would have been a muilti-car accident. All the while the idiot in the SUV kept trying to pass everyone without even slowing down while I lost control. Other cars slowed down or try to avoid me but not this fool. The back of my car was swirling, but all I was focus on was steering the car. All of a sudden when I thought I was about to go into a ditch and turn my wheel a bit to the left, the car became 100% stable and smooth. I was amaze. Everything was over as fast as it started.

I regain control and got off at my exit and saw the suv also exiting where my exit was at Fordham at full speed cutting off everyone. I couldn't help but roll my window down as it pass and yell "fuck you jackass." That mofo is either drunk or just stupid, I hope he is drunk because of the way he drive and hope he drive better if he isn't. If he is just a stupid fuck, get off the damn road.

My friend try to calm me down, he joked and said that now he believes me that I use to streetrace, because only someone that race could have pull off that manuever I just did. That was something out of the movies and wished the camera he had just bought was on and recorded it, now every movie racing scenes he see will remind him of this. That really help me feel a little better and I laugh at what just happened and assure my mother and sister I had everything under control the whole time. When everything sunk in, I felt my leg getting numb, was glad it didn't when I was manuevering.

But I have to give the TL credit, it responded beautifully, I was a little upset because I always thought it won't drive like my old my eclipse and accord. I drive this car like an old lady and never push it or test out it's performance. I am used to hard cornering and turn but it was all under my control, this was unplanned and I had no control over the situation.

I check my car, nothing at all, I though for sure I burned out my tires or damaged them somehow because I was swirling on 3 lanes screeching the whole time. Well,after that little ordeal, my TL deserved a good wash, and I really learned to respect and appreciate what this car is capable of.

I hope everyone is safe and not run into some jackass on the road like I did tonight. Funny thing is, I am not mad now, feelling really good I decided to buy such a great car.

So everyone, have a great holiday, best wished to you all and your family and be safe.
Deff glad you and everyone in your TL was ok. A car is replaceable and fixable, YOUR LIFE IS NOT!!! Glad to hear that your safe and sound. I will keep your story as a reminder FO SHO. Sounds scary though from what i read, can't imagine myself in something that tense.