Car jacked out of my TL

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2002, 08:28 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car jacked out of my TL

Sun. early morning in Reseda,Ca i was car jacked by 6-8 mexican mothrfckers. Now my car has been found, but probly in totaled condition. i am going to the impound tomorrow to see. Even if it is fixable i will sell it. For my new car should i go with the six speed CL or just with another TL.
Old 07-31-2002, 09:00 PM
Instructor

Wow. That is my biggest fear really. I keep a Para Ordnance p14.45 Stainless in my car at all times (I have a CCW permit in VA). I have to keep it in trunk in MD which causes some problems sometimes when I cross the American Legion Bridge into MD. And even so, a .45 with 14 rounds isn't going to stop 6 people. 3 yes, 6 no.

I am so sorry for you. I hope those motherfer's die a miserable death. Theft is ridiculously rampid in our country.
Old 07-31-2002, 09:03 PM
Instructor

PAXUS, Become a federal officer like me and you can carry concealed in all 50 states. LOL. But yes that's my biggest fear but fortunately in the DC area, they old Caddies and use police cruisers are hot on the thugs car jack list.
Old 07-31-2002, 09:30 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by Nate579
PAXUS, Become a federal officer like me and you can carry concealed in all 50 states. LOL. But yes that's my biggest fear but fortunately in the DC area, they old Caddies and use police cruisers are hot on the thugs car jack list.
I don't suppose you could offer me any advice on getting a CCW in MD? If there is any chance I can get it just short of becoming a member of the law? If so, please PM me. I've not applied because I heard it wasn't going to happen for me.
Old 08-01-2002, 08:48 AM
Racer

Paxus, forget it. I tried a couple of years ago, and there is almost no way you will get it in MD unless you are the law. The best chance is if you carry large amounts of cash constantly, but amount of paperwork to prove that you have a ligit reason to do so is obscene...
Old 08-01-2002, 09:57 AM
Advanced

In MD, you have to have a business and carry $$$, or have documented with the PD threats on your life. Thats the only way. But, like Nate579, we carry in all 50 states... Go Federal
Old 08-01-2002, 10:31 AM
Instructor

We are officially off topic

I really find the state by state gun laws to be quite odd. I can carry a loaded gun on my person in VA, but 2 miles NE into MD I can't at all. Seems so ... not right.
Old 08-01-2002, 10:43 AM
Three Wheelin'

Is the risk of being shot really worth the car ?....... i understand that its the principal of the thing here but sometimes you need to swallow that pride......Its only a feeling it wont kill ya like a bullet can.
Old 08-01-2002, 10:54 AM
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by NsX Pilot
Is the risk of being shot really worth the car ?....... i understand that its the principal of the thing here but sometimes you need to swallow that pride......Its only a feeling it wont kill ya like a bullet can.
Hallelujah!
Old 08-01-2002, 10:56 AM
Burning Brakes

how did the mexicans jack you anywayz? gun point? unlocked door?
Old 08-01-2002, 01:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get alarm systems with anticarjacking & self recovery sub system guys. It won't stop you from getting jacked but you may have a chance to get away. It will only let your car go about a few hundred feet before it stops & set its trap. The person will most likely have finger prints in or on the car. Anyone that is into jacking will most likely have prints on record. When the car stops they can't restart it. With lights & siren going off I am sure they will not stick around. If the police catch them by prints on your car I would lie & say all kind of things about the carjacking.
Old 08-01-2002, 01:58 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by NsX Pilot
I share your opinion. I think about it all the time. I just do feel a little bit more comfortable with gun than without it in car. I just pray the need to use it never happens. The fact that I have a gun doesn't necessitate that I want to use it, or that I'm itching to pull it out. Exactly the opposite. I guess there is a certain amount of pride involved in not wanting you car taken, but at the same time -- your property, you have a right to protect it. I guess I have mixed emotions on this topic.
Old 08-01-2002, 03:42 PM
Banned

Originally posted by paxus
Wow. That is my biggest fear really. I keep a Para Ordnance p14.45 Stainless in my car at all times (I have a CCW permit in VA). I have to keep it in trunk in MD which causes some problems sometimes when I cross the American Legion Bridge into MD. And even so, a .45 with 14 rounds isn't going to stop 6 people. 3 yes, 6 no.

I am so sorry for you. I hope those motherfer's die a miserable death. Theft is ridiculously rampid in our country.
14 to 6....are you planning on missing more than half the time at what will be approximately point blank range...and trust me...a .45 will lay someone out...its not a 9mm....
Old 08-01-2002, 07:31 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by moomaster_99
14 to 6....are you planning on missing more than half the time at what will be approximately point blank range...and trust me...a .45 will lay someone out...its not a 9mm....
Heh, I know what my gun will do. .45 Federal Hydrashocks are no joke, and feed fantastically in my p14. I'm just saying the odds of shooting 6 people aren't good -- especially if most of them are armed. I'm just saying I don't know what I would do.
Old 08-01-2002, 11:20 PM
Banned

First : the way i got jacked; with my window half down in a dark isolated area. With: A gun(s)(hopefully not two,didnt see the other),long metal stick type thing, & as far as i remember fists too. I kinda blacked out ,sorta?, but it happened so quick it went by in a flash. i remember before & after more then during!!

FTM1,

What brand/type of equipment are you talking about??

BTW,

i saw my car today at the impound.
1. back & rear drivers windows smashed
2.My dear; Fosgate Power Hx2(2),Fosgate Bd1500.1 Mono(2),PPI amp (1)& custom setup gone....
3. Leather seats kinda ripped & raped
4.Hood smashed( as if they stood on it)
5. Roof smash horribly as if YOKOZUNA BONZA DROPED IT.

**** Luckly engine & CAI unhurt

Now i have to sell the car>>>>>>>>

How much do you guys think i should trade the dealer for. I was thinking 28,000 . I do have 18500 on it. After its all repaired the car will look brand new( ive seen the job the body shop does) & nobody will even ever know.

Please drop some ideas & thoughts so i can be enlightened??
Old 08-01-2002, 11:51 PM
Intermediate

I feel bad that this happened to you, but I deplore your comments about the Mexicans. How about you talk about those who did this to you as what they are, criminals. We all see crime happen, and every race has its criminals. Let's just not brand an entire race because of a few bad elements.

Just my 2¢.

-RafConTLS
Old 08-02-2002, 05:50 AM
Racer

I agree, not needed:

"Dumb ass mexicans only know about music
engines are too complex for their rat eating minds "

WTF is that? You lost some sympathy from me, and I’m not even Mexican. I can understand your upset, but thats over the top! Besides, if you are OK, the Car is just a Car!
Old 08-03-2002, 02:27 PM
Instructor

thats not good, i park in reseda all the time. where were u at? were u in the car? was it parked? on the street or in a garage?
Old 08-06-2002, 02:48 PM
16GS FSprt,03Max,12 335is

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry about that but the Mexican comments got to go, sorry!
Old 08-06-2002, 06:27 PM
Advanced

HAHA
Old 08-30-2002, 02:27 AM
Cruisin'

Guys...

Forget the "if I had only had a gun"...theory... the problem is that most people that carry guns never take formal training in how to use them or learn incorrectly... If I had 6 guys wanting my car...i'd say 'here's the keys....enjoy...there's snoop dog on the third cd"

that's what insurance is for....I haven't owned anything yet that's worth getting killed / killing someone over....

(and yes, I do have a ccw and live in Texas)

my 2 cents...
Old 08-30-2002, 04:35 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If i was in that situation, i think i would just HIT THE GAS!!!!! I don't get it, most ppl don't think about just hitting the gas when they are getting car jacked...i'm not talking if they are holding a gun to ur head, but if it was a bat , a metal stick , knife or somthing. If ur gone and the car is gone, the "criminals" aren't gonna chase u done to get the car. "Most"cars jackers don't have the "intent" on killing people, they just want ur car, or what's inside it.

What i would get is that James Bond car flame thrower , the one where if someone tries to jack ur car, and it bust out flames on the side of the car. heheheh

And the comment about "mexicans". GEEZZZ, he just got his car jacked!!! i be fuc$ing pissed..and you know u would too. I don't think he was trying to insult anyone, it's just happened that the ppl who jacked his cars are "mexicans" and he doesn't know their name, so what do u expect him to call them?

If you live in California, i think you know that ppl will stereotype people by where they live, and it seems normal enough, ppl who live in California would agree with me. Tell me what is the first race/nationality that comes to ur mind when i state a city:

Santa Ana - Hispanics
Los Angels - African American
Westminster - Vietnamese
Huntington Beach - White
Cerritos - Philipino

California must be one of the most diverse places in the world, We ppl from places that i didn't knew even existed. Cali has either the best of everything or the worst of everything. We got some of the best fruits/veggies. Best corprate fruad CEOs. We got the "toughest" emmission law, which can be good for ppl, but bad for car enthusiest like us. We got the most police pursuits. We have the lowest public school ranking and spending. We have probably the worst governor *Gray Davis* that doesn't know how to do jack crap. We have the most "police brutality" cases.
Like Chris Tucker said, "We da LAPD, we the most hated cops in the entire free world." There must be like atleast 1 child kidnapping each week, atleast 5 houses being burned each day, 2 major drug bust each month, 10 ppl being shot at by gang banger, 7 murders everyday....God Damn!!! This is what the news is all about, we see this day after day, the news is like on re-run everyday. I can just go on, but i'm getting way off topic
Old 08-30-2002, 08:15 AM
No, you are a dork.

Originally posted by 260
First : the way i got jacked; with my window half down in a dark isolated area.
Did you also have a wad of twenties taped to your grill?