Car Damaged at Dealership

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 10:34 AM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Car Damaged at Dealership

I recently took my 2003 TL in for the 30K service. At the same time, I had the dealer replace the black tape on the window frames. It had begun to bubble and crack.
The dealer's service rep called me while they were performing the 30K service and asked me when the vehicle had been in an accident. I said that my car had never been in any accident. The rep explained that his body shop had discovered evidence one of the passenger doors had been dented and scratched and subsequently had been repainted.
This began to make some sense as I had always perceived that one of the door panels looked slightly off colorwise from the rest of the car.
The service rep told me that it is not uncommon for cars to get dinged up at dealerships. He said that the dealer where I bought the car probably had their body shop so the repair before selling it to me as 'new'.
My question is this: do I stand any chance of getting the original dealer to repaint the door, or the entire vehicle, so that all the panels match. The car color is White Diamond Pearl so I know that it's going to be very difficult to match.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old 08-24-2005, 10:39 AM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
How could they tell if the dent and the scratch have been repaired and repainted?

Shit happens; you've lived with it for 30k miles. Why start bothering now?
Old 08-24-2005, 12:40 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its funny cause last wednesday i had my car at island acura to get that black tape fixed around the window too. those fukin idiots scratched the roof and chipped up the passenger door even gave me the car back with the weatherstripping not installed right on the door and it leaked water. itll be going back friday. at the same time they were fixin the passenger side headlight cause it had alil condensation in it. had the nerve to call me up and say the car was in an accident (when it never was) and they wouldnt cover the headlight after my threat of a legal matter they decided to get someone who really knew wat they where looking at to say that the car was never in an accident or repainted and fixed the headlight. point of my story is fuck island acura go somewhere else.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:48 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
My car is going in this Friday to get the driver side trim tape fixed. I've had the passenger side fixed before and they also fucked up my weather strip. I'm gonna have them replace it this time because they told me to wait and give it a few weeks until it goes back to its shape. It's been months and it's still like that. meh