Buying a TL-S in Mountain View, CA

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2001, 02:17 PM

Buying a TL-S in Mountain View, CA

Howdy,

I've been reading this wonderful forum for some time. After looking at all other options, I've decided to go with the tl-s. I'm currently an SUV owner (a landrover discovery series II) and now want something more sporty for a change.

I live in Mountain View, Ca. Anybody on this board bought their rides around this area? Which dealer is good? What sort of deals have people gotten on a TL-S?

Thanks,

Harry
Old 08-12-2001, 06:09 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello fellow BayArea victim..

There are quite a few people from the Bay..
People have been getting good deals at:

Los Gatos Acura
Oakland Acura
Mike Harvey Acura

I myself, got my 2001 TL at Acura of Pleasanton.. they are not the best.. but they did have a pretty good inventory and they gave me a pretty decent deal. But I still think I got screwed. I'm not buying from them again. And I don't recommend them unless you are getting $2000 off the sticker price.

There have been countless threads about how much people paid..
I would say that the best deals I have seen for this area were about $31,500 for a TL-S with Navi.

Some people from the Bay have gone to Southern California or Sacramento to get deals.

What kind of TL-S are you looking to get?
Old 08-12-2001, 07:07 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey - congrat's on the decision to buy a TL - you'll love it.

Although I only visited 4 or 5 dealers, I found Acura of Concord to have the best inventory. They had over a dozen TL-S, while most other dealers only seemed to have a couple (at least when I was looking). Given the inventory, they're a little more likely to make a deal.

Good luck!

Craig
Old 08-12-2001, 10:18 PM

Thanks for the replies guys. edub, I like it black/black, with navi (IMO a must, I've been using a Garmin GPS III for long trips; it's fantastic but doesn't have local maps; it provides (at least) such peace of mind). I know black's gonna be a ***** to keep clean, but when clean it does look cool. I also would like to have windows tinted against the californian sun. The silver one is cool, too, but looks a bit more like a "normal" family sedan; and I've gotten no family yet.

One other question I have: do you find the navi screen too small? I've seen only pictures (haven't got time to visit a single dealer yet - planned to go today but some work thing came up). It seems proportionally a little small compared to (e.g.) the one in the RL. Is this the case?

Thanks,

Harry
Old 08-12-2001, 11:15 PM
Racer

I was kind of in the same dilemma regarding color. I actually wanted white initially, but couldn't find one anywhere - so it came down to black or silver. Both are beautiful colors, and I'm sure you'll find a bunch of happy people with either color.

I went back to the dealer and spent a lot of time looking at the two side by side. What steered me initially towards silver was that both were washed at the same time, but the black looked dusty and the silver did not - nothing showed up!

I don't have a family either, but lots of folks have posted that black & silver are more sporty, and the white is more luxurious. Personally, I'm very happy with the silver! I think it'll be easier to maintain and it still has that very cool look! I don't have any pictures yet, but I'll post one when I can - I got the spoiler & a mask, so it helps the look.

As for the navi, I don't think it's too small - and yeah, for me getting the navi was a no-brainer!!
Old 08-12-2001, 11:33 PM
Instructor

neillo acura in sacramento.

find Jesus and tell him leonard sent you. 1K over invoice price you will find on edmunds.com with no haggling.

i got that 1week after they hit the showroom, on the phone with no BS. had all the paperwork ready to sign when i got there and even gave me a keychain, bottle of touchup paint, and first oil change free.

im sure there are plenty of better deals but that was mine.

28150 car
480 dest charge
1000 over invoice
x9.5% tax/license

lates

len
Old 08-13-2001, 12:01 AM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Thumbs up

Black/Ebony is AWESOME!!

In hindsight, I think I might have been happier with Black instead of silver.. it just looks soo nice when clean.. The silver is easier to clean and stays clean longer, but I have found that I am bored with this color already...

The Navi screen is just fine, large enough to see where you are, and gives you enough to see whats around the corner.. Definately go for it.

If I should be convinced to ever get another Acura. I would probably think about going to Sacramento for a deal as well. But no TL, uless it was San Marino Red of course, more like an MDX.
Old 08-13-2001, 12:16 AM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Type SSSS,
btw.. some of the Sacramento folks are having a meet this Saturday, the 18th.

Here is the link to the info.
http://www.acura-cl.com/cgi-bin/ulti...2&t=000100&p=6
Old 08-13-2001, 04:47 PM

Thanks guys. sounds like Sacramento's a good idea. This morning a guy from Sunnyvale Acura called (I sent in a "Internet quote request" on the weekend); they offer a $1200 off MSRP "Internet special".

Besides, I'd like to know where the mesh grill's from on some picture posted on this site? It looks pretty cool.

I'll be in LA most of the week. Will check something out over there too.

cheers,
Harry
Old 08-13-2001, 04:57 PM
Advanced

Teal-S,
At Sunnyvale Acura, you should be able to get the deal for $31000.00, that was the lowest price they offered to me, but I thought I counld get a TL-S w/ Nav for 30850.00, talk to Kevin Lam, he is a pretty nice guy to work with, and Michelle Glaznap is the sales manager. Let me know how it goes.
-A
Old 08-13-2001, 09:49 PM

Thanks for the info, acro! $30,950 is $1000 over invoice, so according to guys who have shared info in this thread, you've got a very good deal. It's good to know that this is doable without going to sacremento.

cheers,

Harry