Bummer Accident

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2002, 12:47 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bummer Accident

Was driving home last saturday in my TL-S and my gf in her CL-S in the next lane when out of no where this muffler flew out of some car and start tumbling on the freeway. It hit my bumper and bounced to the next lane and scratched my gf's CL-S (minor scratches). My insurance deductible is $500 for both comprehensive and collision, and it sucks to have to pay that $500. Is there anyway to report it to the insurance company w/o paying deductibles? It scratched up my bumper pretty bad and my whole bumper needs to be replaces....
Old 06-18-2002, 01:05 PM
Comptech Freak

sorry to hear that...it does happen sometimes

fix it on ur own without claiming insurance
that keeps ur record clean
Old 06-18-2002, 01:51 PM
Cruisin'

Flying Shovel

I was driving home once and out of nowhere there was a shovel flying toward me. I swerved and it only hit the side mirror and scratched the side.

The minivan in front of me ran over the shovel and sent if flying.

Freaked me out nonetheless.

-----------------------------

The only accessories 03 on my TL-S are the two child car seats in the back...need I say more!
Old 06-18-2002, 02:00 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that is why it's called a deductible! you can either wait for another accident to occur (hopefully, it will not be your fault) or you can wait to claim it...say after you change the limits!!!

but i'm not telling you to commit fraud!!!
Old 06-18-2002, 05:45 PM
Racer

if I claim thru insurance under collision, would it affect my premium later on? Would they view this as an accident?
Old 06-18-2002, 07:58 PM
AC
Drifting

Originally posted by alient
if I claim thru insurance under collision, would it affect my premium later on? Would they view this as an accident?
Unfortunately yes...it will show as Not At Fault Accident or a Comprehensive claim. I don't understand why we need insurance if they're gonna pull this crap anyway. I mean, If I pay them thousands per year to make sure I'm covered for stuff like this, then why should that count against me? But hey, what you gonna do?
Old 06-18-2002, 08:39 PM
Racer

Originally posted by AC

Unfortunately yes...it will show as Not At Fault Accident or a Comprehensive claim. I don't understand why we need insurance if they're gonna pull this crap anyway. I mean, If I pay them thousands per year to make sure I'm covered for stuff like this, then why should that count against me? But hey, what you gonna do?

You hit the nail on the head. I went through this a few years ago with my wife, she had 2 accidents on her record in one year but neither of them were here fault. Our insurance showed that she was involved and the agent said it was a crock but the way it was.
Automobile insurance is the biggest legal scam in America
Old 06-18-2002, 08:41 PM
Drifting

if you don't have many claims (or claims of this non-fault type) then the rates might not be affected. the thing is that your deductible is so high that it's probably gonna cover all the costs of repairing the damage...that you are just hurting yourself when it comes to a "big" accident. i say live with it or pay out of your own pockets. now if you had lower limits or no deductible, then it would be worth your time! * hint, hint *
Old 06-18-2002, 09:56 PM
Comptech Freak

i suggest u pay it out from ur pocket instead...

stay out of trouble from insurance
Old 06-19-2002, 12:33 PM
Acura TL-S

Originally posted by Kramer

You hit the nail on the head. I went through this a few years ago with my wife, she had 2 accidents on her record in one year but neither of them were here fault. Our insurance showed that she was involved and the agent said it was a crock but the way it was.
Automobile insurance is the biggest legal scam in America
but part of the reason why insurance charges so much, is cuz individuals, and i wont name names, but i'm guilty of it too, try to make money on every accident. just look at some of the advice in this thread... if all of us actually reported accidents as they happened, and adjusters actually named real prices, we'd all pay lower insurance...
Old 06-19-2002, 02:13 PM
Racer

thanks for all the response, I guess I can live with the damage for a while and see what I want to do with it. $500 might not be enough to cover the repair since plastic bumpers are not resurfacable right? The scratches are pretty deep, so if they sand it down.... the bumper might be semi-transparent. =(
Old 06-19-2002, 05:40 PM
Drifting

my bro's 99 accord sedan was rear ended lightly and they supposedly end up replacing and painting a new piece...that was close to $500 at a good shop. if they are scratches, they might be able to fill it, sand and paint for cheaper than $500.

a new bumper retails for $260 and you can probably get it online for $200. that leaves another $300 for labor and paint and maybe a new foam block.

honestly, i do not think i was suggesting fraud. you don't have to report your accident now, so lower your deductible and report it later...or even wait till your record is *cleaner* before you report it. whether you caused the damage or someone else, those that buy full coverage have the comprehensive portion to cover everything! i'm not suggesting you buy a new body kit or something that you didn't already have.