BULLSHEET 145mph rev limiter!!! (proof inside)

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 09:05 AM
@ slide or die @

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fsttyms1
nothing really happens unless you really exceede the max limit or hold it there for prolonged periods of time.
what happens is belts can brake, tires will blister,the tires can delaminate, all leading to blow outs.
but its not going to happen if the tire is rated for 149 and you do 155. odds are you are only going to do it for a few seconds. and the tire is rated by govt standards to do its maximum (if memory serves correctly like a hour under full load rating) those ratings are weird and sometinmes hard to understand.

im not sure how the gearing is in the tl compared to the 99 but fourth is too tall in the 00 and up
woah...i'm never doind this again then! but what do you mean by "belts can break"? ps/alt belts? (tires got belts??)

and on our cars, once you pass 150, you'll spend a good 30secs-1minute (atleast if felt like it) reaching 155, so chances of blowout are possible...not worth it. I'll just grab my brother's stock 3000GT VR4 z-rated rubber (used to be mine, 17"rims)
Originally Posted by IT Power
i hear when u race you always have to shift @ MAX hp which is @5500rpm 220hp

when the rpm after 5500 the hp is decreasing and u lose hp, that means u lose
time also!!

IS THAT RIGHT??
when you race you wanna shift at redline...in some other threads people show how the Tl keeps generating horsepower even after the redline, not 5500, you'll loose so much time, specially if you dont lower your vtec point, it'll take long to pick up again...and yeah, in a '99 if you dont over rev, 4th will never take you past 115...it will but it'll take 2miles before you reach 120.

Old 12-15-2004, 05:16 PM
@ slide or die @

someone who read this tried reaching this and almost got in an accident and gave me a negative rep point...as if it was my fault

whoever it was, #1) **** you! and #2) i dont support racing in any way, nor do i want people to get hurt...

so for the rest of you out there, drive safely, and if you're gonna try something crazy, think about it twice or make sure you're doning it the right way.
Old 12-15-2004, 05:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by etxxz
woah...i'm never doind this again then! but what do you mean by "belts can break"? ps/alt belts? (tires got belts??)

and on our cars, once you pass 150, you'll spend a good 30secs-1minute (atleast if felt like it) reaching 155, so chances of blowout are possible...not worth it. I'll just grab my brother's stock 3000GT VR4 z-rated rubber (used to be mine, 17"rims)

when you race you wanna shift at redline...in some other threads people show how the Tl keeps generating horsepower even after the redline, not 5500, you'll loose so much time, specially if you dont lower your vtec point, it'll take long to pick up again...and yeah, in a '99 if you dont over rev, 4th will never take you past 115...it will but it'll take 2miles before you reach 120.

yes tires have belts in them and prolonged use at speeds above the tires rating can damage teh tire. a few sec to acouple min wont do it... you are fine reaching the top speed capabilities.
id stop worrying about the tires (unless in bad shape or holes in them) and worry about animals, cars and cops more

and to IT Power about 115 you wont get stuck at that speed if you shift before redline, it will just take longer to get going faster due to not being in vtec
Old 12-15-2004, 07:22 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

The "R" in the tire spec stands for Radial, meaning it has belts inside. It reinforces the structural integrity. The letters such as H, V, Z indicate maximum speed rating. Z is the highest rating.

This is why I laugh when people tell me, "Man, my car has Z-rated tires! It handles so much better now." Idiots. Just like my friend from high school -- he was bragging about how his tires are better than mine because mine are V-rated and his are Z-rated. I was like, "dude... your car could never hit 200+ mph, so you don't even need Z-rated tires." Of course, he had no idea what I was talking about, so I dropped the argument.
Old 12-15-2004, 07:26 PM
Dragging knees in

Oh, I forgot to mention.

I don't know if you were ever or are into R/C cars, but when you hold up your car and rev it, you can see the center of the tires bulging out. It's due to the momentum/inertia (I don't know the exact proper term.. I'm not a Physics major.). If you drove like that for an extended period of time, beyond the maximum rated speed of the tires, then the belts will eventually disintegrate, and your tires will blow out.

Keep in mind that major force impacts on the tires, such as hitting potholes or whatever, could potentially damage the belts. They are metal, and they will bend/break. If you did not know that, and maintained the car at a high speed for a long time, the tires could still blow out, even if you were below the maximum rating.

This is why doing high-speed runs are never a good idea unless you know that your car is in top shape and can handle it.
Old 12-15-2004, 10:24 PM
Senior Moderator

but to add to the Z rated thing PA. Z rated tires Typically do handle better due to them having much softer tread compounds.
Old 12-16-2004, 04:24 AM
Dragging knees in

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
but to add to the Z rated thing PA. Z rated tires Typically do handle better due to them having much softer tread compounds.
Well, yeah. But that wasn't my point, Kris.

I'm just not too fond of these idiots who think that Z-rated tires are rated for better handling or something. They have the wrong concept of it.
Old 12-16-2004, 04:53 AM
Comptech Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline

I'm just not too fond of these idiots who think that Z-rated tires are rated for better handling or something. They have the wrong concept of it.
Z rated tires are nosier than V rated

and mine is W rated
Old 12-16-2004, 12:40 PM
Senior Moderator

yea . the letter rating doesnt mean its going to better handeling, its the speed rating.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by samkws
Z rated tires are nosier than V rated

and mine is W rated
my last z rated tires were quieter than any h,v,w yr rated tire ive owned for the tl
Old 12-16-2004, 02:22 PM
@ slide or die @

i'm one of those newbs who thought z-rated also handled better.

Its a smart reasoning since z-rated tend to be lower profile and much more "flat" to the ground vs my v-rated toyos which have a slight incline toward by were the tirewall meets the thread.

peace
Old 12-16-2004, 02:40 PM
Dragging knees in

i'm one of those newbs who thought z-rated also handled better.

Its a smart reasoning since z-rated tend to be lower profile and much more "flat" to the ground vs my v-rated toyos which have a slight incline toward by were the tirewall meets the thread.

peace
Understandable.

At least you know now.
Old 12-16-2004, 03:10 PM
Senior Moderator

the whlole rating thing is weird. there are v rated tires that have a better tread rating than z rated and vise versa. but typically z rated tires do handle better because more of them have the softest tread compound as opposed to v and lower rated tires. that is also why most z rated tires dont last near as long as v, h, ect....
Old 12-16-2004, 03:25 PM
Banned

Lol I hope you enjoy living in Delray/Boca area cause I sure as hell didn't (Lynn University - worst college ever built)... It's actually the worst place I've ever lived in my life and was full of stuck up, snobby, idiodic people (all from NY or NJ).. Maybe it was just me but the only cool people I met were from Miami, Minnesota and Conneticut. The cops were even worst as they gave me a ticket for not having my seatbelt on in a PARKING LOT on campus...
Old 12-16-2004, 03:44 PM
@ slide or die @

Originally Posted by bacardi151
Lol I hope you enjoy living in Delray/Boca area cause I sure as hell didn't (Lynn University - worst college ever built)... It's actually the worst place I've ever lived in my life and was full of stuck up, snobby, idiodic people (all from NY or NJ).. Maybe it was just me but the only cool people I met were from Miami, Minnesota and Conneticut. The cops were even worst as they gave me a ticket for not having my seatbelt on in a PARKING LOT on campus...
no Boca Raton blows...there's nothing to do for 21 and under. I come from Caracas, Venezuela which is a city filled with shit to do, mountains to climb, incredible beaches to go and 70% of the population is made by beautifull venezuelan woman!

i dont go to lynn but yeah, its a horrible school...i used to go the the highschool right next to it (pope). i gotto FAU cool = s.FL party school.

And because you're in boca, you're invaded by old people (speciall the snowbirds who drive 25under the speed limit) and by rich kids who dont appreciate jack shit and most of em are ***holes

haha peace... watta :gheyfight:

has anyone attempted to see if the governor works on tl-ps?
Old 12-16-2004, 10:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Damn, Kris. You ACTUALLY went 154 according to a police radar? That's weird, but cool nonetheless.

My governor kicked in at 147 exactly. I wish I could change it. I would love to hit 160+ in this car with Z-rated tires. I'm quite certain that the car is capable of it, too.

Then again, I would probably wrap my car around a tree going that fast, so no, I'm OK with 147.

At that speed, the tree would probably just slice your car in 2 and you'd look more like 20 gallons of V8 Juice spilled along side the road.

There was an accident here a few years ago. Kids running from cops clocked at about 120. They hit a parked tractor trailor. At the scene, rescue personnel (although there was nothing left to rescue) couldn't tell how many people were in the car, what sexes they were or what race they were. Pretty amazing. Fortunately, they only killed themselves.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:52 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by RedLined
At that speed, the tree would probably just slice your car in 2 and you'd look more like 20 gallons of V8 Juice spilled along side the road.

There was an accident here a few years ago. Kids running from cops clocked at about 120. They hit a parked tractor trailor. At the scene, rescue personnel (although there was nothing left to rescue) couldn't tell how many people were in the car, what sexes they were or what race they were. Pretty amazing. Fortunately, they only killed themselves.
yea well fortunatly for me i wasnt worried about it, that and if i had gone off the hwy it would have been into flat cornfields, so i didnt have to worry about any trees
Old 12-17-2004, 10:15 AM
@ slide or die @

im my case, i worry more about what my parents will do to me than whatever happens to me!

and if i had slid off the side of this road, i woulda eather hit wooden light posts or a huge water/grass ditch on either side of the road...V8 either way

i'm going to renew my driver's licence, its been expired since june! peace