Buh Bye TL Type S

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2002, 11:26 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buh Bye TL Type S

I couldn't take it any more.

Tranny failure at 25K miles, and lots of little rattles. Resell Value is Crap also, and lots of used Tl-S on the market. I'm affraid this will be one of the few Acuras with really really poor resell, with no help from the tranny issue. Who would buy a used car knowing the tranny may fail unless at a big discount?

Tranny started to hint on some more slips again recently, and that was it, as well as by far the worst paint on any new car I've ever had or seen. Chips or scratches just by looking at it! All new car paint is a little thinner than older cars due to epa regulations mostly, but this one is by far worse then the others, rest assured. I have/had other cars made in the past few years, so people saying that all paint is now like that is just making excuses for Acura. Mine still looks good only due to a lot of extra time and $$$.

I wanted to keep this car for 4 years, and only made it to 1yr and 4 months. If it wasn't for the tranny, and how now even 03s are reporting problems, I'd likely still have it. Its also kind of floaty at higher speed lane changes, though Comptech sways and better tires could fix that. I had Comptech Filter, exhaust and headers on this car, was hoping to due some tweaks on handling next.

Hope any people thinking of getting a TL really weigh there options now available. Acura....please wake up, and build at least one affordable RWD car that doesn't fall apart and handles well and set you line more above and beyond Honda.

Old 11-30-2002, 11:49 PM
Racer

Buh bye! Mine still running flawlessly as is the other 98.4% of TLs out there..
Old 11-30-2002, 11:51 PM
Racer

what are you buying next....?
Old 12-01-2002, 12:00 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by y2ks2k
You better knock on wood......I highly doubt Acura would provide a warranty extension on the transmission if only 1.6% would be effected. I was saying the same thing as you until the tranny on my 2003 TL-S took a sh!t!!

I would not wish this tranny failure crap on my worst enemy.......Maybe only 1.6% have had the problem, but there is still another 98.4% that can have the problem. How much difference do you think there is between your tranny and typeSmaximum's tranny....I doubt much.
Old 12-01-2002, 01:02 AM
Burning Brakes

Mine has been slippin here and there, I'll wait for it to get worse b4 I bring it in. Its only been a handfull of slips. I'm startin to get a little pissed myself but I'll hang in there for a while. At least until I can afford somethin better. (GS or 5).

Hey Typesmax, will you sell your exaust???
Old 12-01-2002, 01:15 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by JPTLS21
Mine has been slippin here and there, I'll wait for it to get worse b4 I bring it in. Its only been a handfull of slips. I'm startin to get a little pissed myself but I'll hang in there for a while. At least until I can afford somethin better. (GS or 5).

Hey Typesmax, will you sell your exaust???
Heya JPTLS21,

How's it slipping? I want to compare experiences, cause I think I'm experiencing some minor slips myself.

Usually when I'm in 4th gear and accelerating, I'll feel the tranny drop for about half a second. The whole car sorta shudders and slows for that half a second. Then the tranny seems to catch and all is well again. I experience these "slips" about once a month. I've got a 2002 with no mods and it's about 9 months old.

Anyone think I should bring it in to have it checked out?
Old 12-01-2002, 01:35 AM
Racer

y2ks2k, how many miles you have? I said the same thing when I saw others failing, and I had made it to 20K without a lick. We were not hard on the car either, with the wife driving 90% of the time. Hope you didn't just curse yourself I think your percent of those affected is not true, as every dealer I've talked to has replaced a few, and a guy with a black one a few houses down from mine had his replaced also!

BJsTLS Right on. Good luck. Nice cars, but I'm sure had you known this before, you might have at least thought about passing on this car.

JPTLS21 Email me at mbarnes1@elp.rr.com or anyone else looking for a deal on comptech exhaust & headers, its a kick in the pants!

fortunate Hate to say it, but thats how it starts, and its only a matter of time. Its amost always the upper gears also, 3 and 4.

Everone else

I feel like many more people have this problem, and don't know any better until the tranny stops working all together. It will work for a while this way, then you will get more and more hard and slow shifts on a regular basis, then to completely free reving and no GO power altogether.

I drive my corvette inthe picture above mostly, and do drag and track racing up to 3 times a month, and go figure, its even a domestic, and nothing, NOTHING has broken in over 31K miles of the type of use people should buy sport cars for. I had to get another 4 door for the wife, and my 2 year old, and got a G35 with Preimum, Areo, and Sport package. This thing may give my vette a run around some turns, but of course won't match its mid to low 11s 1/4 mile times (bolt ons) when the curves go straight

Good luck to everyone that tries to stick it though, and anyone that has already gone through a tranny swap. Also, even after one tranny swap, a dealer has to disclose such information to any other future buyers should you trade it in, and that is not very "advertising" info, hurting the value of the car.
Old 12-01-2002, 02:32 AM
Racer

Exclamation TL Type S

Originally posted by typeSmaximum

I've had my S for 13 months without problems; it is unsettling to be aware there may be a problem with my transmission in the future, but I have been graced so far at 7700 miles with smooth shifts.
It's understandable to be uncertain about your car's reliability when you have a major mechanical failure; that's a lousy way to have to live. The difference between me and you is that you have experienced first-hand that which I am afraid may happen. There are issues with all makes and models, but I have not had the souring situation you have had, and I am therefore still confident in the reliability of my Type S.
Good luck with the G-35. I think I might have bought the coupe had I waited til this year to buy a car (that or the 350Z!).
Old 12-01-2002, 12:09 PM
Banned

Re: Buh Bye TL Type S

Weird, the TL-S has the best resale value in its class.

lol

Tranny failure at 25K miles, and lots of little rattles. Resell Value is Crap also, and lots of used Tl-S on the market. I'm affraid this will be one of the few Acuras with really really poor resell, with no help from the tranny issue. Who would buy a used car knowing the tranny may fail unless at a big discount?

Tranny started to hint on some more slips again recently, and that was it, as well as by far the worst paint on any new car I've ever had or seen. Chips or scratches just by looking at it! All new car paint is a little thinner than older cars due to epa regulations mostly, but this one is by far worse then the others, rest assured. I have/had other cars made in the past few years, so people saying that all paint is now like that is just making excuses for Acura. Mine still looks good only due to a lot of extra time and $$$.

I wanted to keep this car for 4 years, and only made it to 1yr and 4 months. If it wasn't for the tranny, and how now even 03s are reporting problems, I'd likely still have it. Its also kind of floaty at higher speed lane changes, though Comptech sways and better tires could fix that. I had Comptech Filter, exhaust and headers on this car, was hoping to due some tweaks on handling next.

Hope any people thinking of getting a TL really weigh there options now available. Acura....please wake up, and build at least one affordable RWD car that doesn't fall apart and handles well and set you line more above and beyond Honda.

Old 12-01-2002, 12:33 PM
Racer

I’ve said it before. You can pick up another car in the class and its going to have more problems if anything. At least the only problem with the TL is that the tranny might blow... and a few rattles that have fixes for them... therefore getting you a brand spanking new one. Hell, I’m hoping mine blows at 60K miles and I get a brand new one. You could own a Ford Taurus and have almost every single tranny go out under 100K miles all not covered. Then you can evpect to put a new one in every 50K after that. I’ll bet the non-problematic TL trannys get 250K miles. I’ve owned 9 Hondas… Every single one I have ever owned has been bullet proof from my 250K mile CRX to my 5K mile S2000.

You could go buy an Audi/VW and have massive electrical problems and horrible degrading over time. Or a new M3 BMW that is blowing engines all over the place. Or how about a new Boster that were also blowing engines all over the place. How about a over rated HP Hyundai. My Boss’s M5 is always in the shop. How about those Lexus that were blowing engines a while back? Then you can guy an American car.. lets not go there…

The S2000 had just as many tranny problems as the TLs.. maybe even more... I had to get the clutch replaced on my 2nd S2000 at 4K miles. I was happy... I got the new and improved one.

I don’t think anyone has the right to complain about the TLs yet... especially since its under warrantee and Honda happily fixes everything. You have the right to complain about it when you get out of warrantee and start having to put your own money into it. That’s what a warr. is for folks… Use it.
Old 12-01-2002, 12:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 704 Likes on 546 Posts
Originally posted by y2ks2k
I’ve said it before. You can pick up another car in the class and its going to have more problems if anything. At least the only problem with the TL is that the tranny might blow... and a few rattles that have fixes for them... therefore getting you a brand spanking new one. Hell, I’m hoping mine blows at 60K miles and I get a brand new one. You could own a Ford Taurus and have almost every single tranny go out under 100K miles all not covered. Then you can evpect to put a new one in every 50K after that. I’ll bet the non-problematic TL trannys get 250K miles. I’ve owned 9 Hondas… Every single one I have ever owned has been bullet proof from my 250K mile CRX to my 5K mile S2000.

You could go buy an Audi/VW and have massive electrical problems and horrible degrading over time. Or a new M3 BMW that is blowing engines all over the place. Or how about a new Boster that were also blowing engines all over the place. How about a over rated HP Hyundai. My Boss’s M5 is always in the shop. How about those Lexus that were blowing engines a while back? Then you can guy an American car.. lets not go there…

The S2000 had just as many tranny problems as the TLs.. maybe even more... I had to get the clutch replaced on my 2nd S2000 at 4K miles. I was happy... I got the new and improved one.

I don’t think anyone has the right to complain about the TLs yet... especially since its under warrantee and Honda happily fixes everything. You have the right to complain about it when you get out of warrantee and start having to put your own money into it. That’s what a warr. is for folks… Use it.
I hope my transmssion blows at 99K miles, so I get a brand new one to drive around for another 50-60K miles

Honda engines have very good quality.....
Old 12-01-2002, 01:49 PM
Racer

FWIW the TL and TLS have very good resale value, one of the best. Getting a new car isn't alway the best answer, you can end up with more problems than you started with. My wife drives a G35 and while a great car, it's had a lot more problems than my TL-S which hasn't had one problem in 35k. If my transmission goes I'll get another one free.......that's a no-brainer. I know, it's easy for me to say, I'm sure if I had tranny and other problems I'd be extremely PO like the original poster is.
Old 12-01-2002, 03:32 PM
Racer

Good Resell, huh? Think about selling yours if its a model known for tranny issues, and you will find out. Would you buy such a used car, without at least asking for a discount? Besides, look at what used one are selling for now. Furthermore, the engine and tranny are the two most important parts. This new car also handles worlds better, so made me feel less bad for ditching something I was growing bitter with, but a overal package a really liked before all the craps this car has taken on owners here, and others I have met.

Again, to say all cars have issues is making excuses for Acura. Of course anything that is mass produced by man will have a few copies with issues, however the tranny problem with Acura and Honda (on more models then just the TL) is outside your normal margin of error, and Honda knows it.

02 TL-S with 25K miles Trade in: $21,600 Retail: $27,000

02 Lexus IS 300 25K miles Trade in: $23,600 Retail: $30,000

02 Lexus ES300 25K miles Trade in: $22,600 Retail $29,300

02 Mercedes C3204D 25k miles Trade in: $26, 700 Retail:$35,500

Just some examples, and on paper the TL is not not ahead of others except for car makes that always have bad resell, and everyone knows list value and market value are two different things. I buy and sell cars on the side. Let me assure you the market value is not that hot for the TL. I'd be happy to get $27K for my TL-S but just won't happen, even more so as more people know about its tranny issues. Its simple marketing, as more and more trannys have failures, its hurting your value.
Old 12-01-2002, 03:57 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
I will tell you guys, there are a lot more transmission problems than Acura is quoting and I guarantee this, the problems not only on the TL but the most popular Accord may very well ruin Hondas reliability reputation.
Old 12-01-2002, 05:09 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Threads like this one scare the sh*t out of me. I dunno when mine gonna go out.
Old 12-01-2002, 05:43 PM
Banned

you just proved that the tl has the best resell value.

differences:

TL: 21600-27000= -6400
IS: 23600-30000= -6400
ES: 22600-29300= -7300
C320: 26700-35500= -8800

the TL matches up with the IS.
Old 12-01-2002, 06:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by fortunate

Heya JPTLS21,

How's it slipping? I want to compare experiences, cause I think I'm experiencing some minor slips myself.

Usually when I'm in 4th gear and accelerating, I'll feel the tranny drop for about half a second. The whole car sorta shudders and slows for that half a second. Then the tranny seems to catch and all is well again. I experience these "slips" about once a month. I've got a 2002 with no mods and it's about 9 months old.

Anyone think I should bring it in to have it checked out?
Same symthoms, mine sometimes gives me a little flutter feeling at cruisin speeds in fourth gear. Just a short half second it feels like I slightly taped the break. I think I'm gonna bring it in soon. At least that way they can put a tranny on order and I can still drive mine. Plus I'd rather be without my ride now in the winter than in the summer right after I put on rims and a drop. If the dealer gives me any sh*t like saying the slips aren't serious enough to replace I'm gonna beat the livin sh*t out of my tranny till its toast I'll put up with these defects as long as its no longer an issue after replacement. If its still all f-ed up, than BMW here I come!
Old 12-01-2002, 06:45 PM
Racer

str8acura Can you or did you read? I just said list and market value are not the same and you will not get $27K on a 02 with 25K miles, and to look at some that have sold already. Resell is NOT good on your TL, just try to sell it, and see if you get takers at book value, or what ever you set your price to. I said I'd be happy to get $27K.

The other cars listed WILL get close to what they LIST for, aka BOOK Value, if you sell retail instead of the dealer and get the money yourself. There are cars that are the other way around also just for example, the Supra for example has a market value HIGHER than book. Your not walking in with KBB or NADA gernerlized value books on select special vechiles and get them at that lower price, nor do the account for things so recent as tranny failures yet.

Demand = price, and there is no huge demand for TLs right now as there is no shortage of them, or increade want for them, and you have to be joking if you think all the tranny failures do nothing or do not hurt the value of this car, even those that have not had it yet, as buyers may know that it "might" in the future. Again, ask your self, would you buy a 2nd hand car knowing that model had plenty, not a lie like 2% failures, and if you did, you would be silly to buy it without geting a discount.
Old 12-01-2002, 06:47 PM
Racer

JPTLS21 That is my complaint and many others also, issues after replacement. There is a member here that is on his 3rd and going bad tranny.

Also, agree this could, and IMO should very well ruin Hondas reliability reputation. Its the reason I bought it, and the vette to race with, and look which one broke. Your can't condier a car maker reliable that replaces trannys that still brake again and again. Other than the engine, what is more important part of the car to be workingfor crying out loud!
Old 12-01-2002, 07:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by JPTLS21

Same symthoms, mine sometimes gives me a little flutter feeling at cruisin speeds in fourth gear. Just a short half second it feels like I slightly taped the break. I think I'm gonna bring it in soon. At least that way they can put a tranny on order and I can still drive mine. Plus I'd rather be without my ride now in the winter than in the summer right after I put on rims and a drop. If the dealer gives me any sh*t like saying the slips aren't serious enough to replace I'm gonna beat the livin sh*t out of my tranny till its toast I'll put up with these defects as long as its no longer an issue after replacement. If its still all f-ed up, than BMW here I come!
Agreed, I'm taking my car in as well. Strangely enough, these slips seem to be happening while driving normally, w/o SS. In fact, the tranny just slipped twice last nigtht
Old 12-01-2002, 07:13 PM
Racer

OMG!!!! The dealer must have had a FUN time with you!! IM refinancing my TLs 2002 RIGHT NOW! the Whole sell price (below low blue book on it) is $26500, Jesus.. dealers must see you coming from a long ways off!
Old 12-01-2002, 07:30 PM
Burning Brakes

That's my take.

The sky is not falling. Yours is ONE opinion. There are many that share your opinion. There are 10x as many that don't- they just don't feel the need to be vocal about it.

Please don't try to make it more than that. Enjoy whatever you buy.
Old 12-01-2002, 08:07 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by BJsTLS

I would not wish this tranny failure crap on my worst enemy.......Maybe only 1.6% have had the problem, but there is still another 98.4% that can have the problem. How much difference do you think there is between your tranny and typeSmaximum's tranny....I doubt much.
maybe its 1.6% on all honda auto tranny. but on the CL and the TL the number is as high as 7.2%
Old 12-01-2002, 09:15 PM
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
str8acura Can you or did you read? I just said list and market value are not the same and you will not get $27K on a 02 with 25K miles, and to look at some that have sold already. Resell is NOT good on your TL, just try to sell it, and see if you get takers at book value, or what ever you set your price to. I said I'd be happy to get $27K.

The other cars listed WILL get close to what they LIST for, aka BOOK Value, if you sell retail instead of the dealer and get the money yourself. There are cars that are the other way around also just for example, the Supra for example has a market value HIGHER than book. Your not walking in with KBB or NADA gernerlized value books on select special vechiles and get them at that lower price, nor do the account for things so recent as tranny failures yet.

Demand = price, and there is no huge demand for TLs right now as there is no shortage of them, or increade want for them, and you have to be joking if you think all the tranny failures do nothing or do not hurt the value of this car, even those that have not had it yet, as buyers may know that it "might" in the future. Again, ask your self, would you buy a 2nd hand car knowing that model had plenty, not a lie like 2% failures, and if you did, you would be silly to buy it without geting a discount.
No offense buddy, but it's not like Acura put out a commercial or an ad in the paper letting everyone and their brother know about the rather unusual increase in transmission failures on the -S models. you're speaking to the choir here... a board dedicated to Tl-S owners/enthusiasts... your logic would most likely settle well HERE among THESE people .. most people looking around for cars aren't aware of the tranny problems w/ the Acura Tl_S/CL-S ... if you don't believe me, don't bother wasting our time arguing, it's your opinion against mine. And yes, i have looked around for used Type S's... don't try and tell me that I haven't done my homework either, around here in Illinois (Dupage county), you can't find a used Tl-S for under $26,000 w/ the stated 25k mileage. Sorry if the value of your car is somewhat less in your neighborhood. The Acura retains its value very well around be us. BTW, what's the resale value on GM's lately? How about the Corvette?

I'm not trouncing or disrepecting your corvette by mentioning that... i'm a big fan... but you didn't purchase that vette with the intention of selling it in a year or two (maybe you did, i don't know.. don't care really). The point is, if the TL-S wasn't such a ****ter w/ the tranny, you wouldn't have cared as much 'bout the resale value... most people would have kept it for at least three or four years. Again, don't know your personal circumstances, just stating the generalized concept. best of luck. p.s. come up here to Illinois, you'll get a helluva lot more for yer Tl-S ... specially w/ the mods.
Old 12-02-2002, 12:17 AM
Racer

y2ks2k, you just don't get it. I didn't say thats what I got for my car, and you can go to kbb.com yourself, under a 2002 TLs, excelent condition, 25000 miles, and its not $26K wholesale, stop talking out of your arse. I don't really know what your problem is? The trade in, and retail prices I posted ARE from kbb? Whats up with the personal attacks like the dealer seeing me coming? You never answered how many miles you were at unless I over looked that? What point are you trying to make?

I'm happy for everyone that has not had any problems, and wouldn't wish it on them. Though don't say it won't happen to you, and more so if you have not passed 50K yet. Secondly, I know how those that have had it fail feel, and I'm just sharring my thoughts. Thanks.

Also, every car takes the biggest hit the first year, I understand that, and I have planned on keeping this car for 4.
Old 12-02-2002, 12:21 AM
Racer

PeterUbers, you don't have to tell people about your tranny if you sell it, if that doesn't bother you, your right, however, if your tranny has been replaced, and you trade it in, the dealer has to tell the new buyer by law, just a note. Thats how it can effect your value for people stuck with the replacements like I was and others. Not sure why a few people are trying to nit pick everything I say.
Old 12-02-2002, 12:37 AM
Racer

Also, I agree this issue is greater then 1 or 2% so the best of luck to everyone, honestly, and I'm only being volcal about it, as others, as people here should know. It was being vocal that has helped a lot of you, like the 100K mile coverage on trannies now, so why attack me? If people don't speak out, companies are only going to do whatever makes or saves them money. I thought to myself, just 6000 miles ago as well, gee, lots of problems out there, but not mine.
Old 12-02-2002, 10:18 PM
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Also, I agree this issue is greater then 1 or 2% so the best of luck to everyone, honestly, and I'm only being volcal about it, as others, as people here should know. It was being vocal that has helped a lot of you, like the 100K mile coverage on trannies now, so why attack me? If people don't speak out, companies are only going to do whatever makes or saves them money. I thought to myself, just 6000 miles ago as well, gee, lots of problems out there, but not mine.
Hey man, like I said, best of luck, trust me, I know your frustration very well, I've had a tranny replacement along w/ rattles... etc.

Online it's too easy to wanna just get up in someone's face when they pose an argument ... everyone's an automotive expert and superstar race-car driver on auto forums... just remember, and I'm sure you're quite aware of this, if you start knockin' the car on the enthusiast website, people are gunna rage just cuz they don't wanna accept the fact that the TL-S's tranny is a ticking timebomb...

And I'll tell ya something, I'm planning on keeping the Tl-S for the entire extent of my new warranty (which'll most likely be 100K, rather than 7yrs at the rate I'm putting on miles) .. and EACH time I need a new tranny, i'm gunna stroll into the Acura dealership w/ this ****-eating grin on my face, cuz I know that eachtime they take a big hit and waste a ton of their time b/c Acura HQ's screwed up a major component of what is otherwise a pretty damn good car.
Old 12-02-2002, 11:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

just to interject, though yes acura has been having some trouble with the transmission but i think that all things considered u get a great deal for what u pay for. if u want RWD and handling, go for something else cuz u cud just as easily pay more and get all that.. the 330i is right there with 5k more than the S. but personally, i think the TL is a great buy for the money... though i hate the transmission problem cuz its always i nthe back of my head when i drive... but i do want to thank all those that raised their voices and got the warranty increased.

but to each his own... i might be screaming the same words if my tranny fails
Old 12-03-2002, 01:03 AM
Racer

PeterUbers I know what you mean. lol.

Take care guys. I'll still be around, see whats going on, share what I've learned, try to sell my mods, etc.... I could have stuck it to them a second, and maybe a thrid time for new trannies maybe if I had more time, and enjoyed up to a week and a half long periods with a rental. I see some other dealers get this done in 2 or 3 days, not so bad, but not mine.
Old 12-03-2002, 01:53 AM
10th Gear

I've been monitoring these boards for a few months now and have already test driven a number of cars (BMW, Lexus, MB, etc) even both the CL-S & TL-S and I feel the TL-S is the car I want. Simply put.... Good value for the features you get, but the main reason I haven't bought one yet is the transmission problem which may or may not occur in the new '03s.

Another minor reason is the posts I'm reading about the paint quality and right now the only color I like isn't offered in the "S" version (Desert Mist)?

So I'm holding back to see what Acura comes out with in the new 2004 TL-S.

Maybe they'll have the transmission problem solved by then and speculation says a new design with more HP and hopefully the color I like.

IMO, maybe these car makers are trying to push the envelope with luxury sedans & coupes by adding these "Sport Shift" or "SemiManual" transmissions. Maybe the technology just isn't quite there yet for these vehicles.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the tranny problems begin with the 5-speed which has semi-manual sport-shift style design trannies?
Old 12-03-2002, 04:33 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by this is me
Threads like this one scare the sh*t out of me. I dunno when mine gonna go out.
werd brother!!!!expecially just getting a telegram from honda....WARENTEE EXTENSTION...for cars from 99=02 and SOME 03's (like you damn car hahah)
Old 12-03-2002, 06:35 AM
Banned

Originally posted by asiankidd

werd brother!!!!expecially just getting a telegram from honda....WARENTEE EXTENSTION...for cars from 99=02 and SOME 03's (like you damn car hahah)
well i just got my warranty ewxtension a few days ago in the mail. i have a 2003 tl-s. my first thought was "hell yea baby wohooooo" why you may ask? because when the tranny does go my dad wont be able to blame me saying i caused it and i can beat it on it as much as i want. i can drive this car the way it should be driven.
Old 12-03-2002, 07:12 AM
Instructor

Honda never has been able to build a reliable auto tranny. Oh well. That's why I leased mine. Mine has 8000 miles on it and it doesn't really have anything worng other than the squeaky sunroof thing.
Old 12-03-2002, 10:30 AM
Instructor

ISN'T IT TRUE THAT....?

Isn't it true that most cars with failed tranny had/has some kind of mod? such as headers/intakes? which puts more pressure on tranny than what it's made for? matter of fact, I'm gonna start a new thread on this topic.
Old 12-03-2002, 10:38 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by asiankidd

i sure as hell hope that they dont say "WARENTEE EXTENSTION" on a telegram.. do they even use that anymore- the telegram?
Old 12-03-2002, 02:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Re: ISN'T IT TRUE THAT....?

Originally posted by joseph1976
Isn't it true that most cars with failed tranny had/has some kind of mod? such as headers/intakes? which puts more pressure on tranny than what it's made for? matter of fact, I'm gonna start a new thread on this topic.
Not really, Mine sliped b4 I out the CAI on.
Old 12-03-2002, 11:10 PM
Racer

Many of the tranny failures were bone stock cars.
Old 12-04-2002, 01:42 AM
Instructor

I know how you feel.. I sold my TLS for a 330ci....

Couldnt have been happier.
Old 12-04-2002, 07:06 AM
Burning Brakes

i can beat it on it as much as i want. i can drive this car the way it should be driven.
"Beating" on any car isn't the way they were "meant" to be driven.
Don't mistake the TL-S for anything other than what it is- a four-door, slightly upscale, high-value, family sedan, with a sporting edge.
If you want something to beat on, buy an LS1 Camaro/Firebird.

Quick Reply: Buh Bye TL Type S