Broken Into!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2002, 02:50 PM
@(UR@ +!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Broken Into!!!

Unreal!!!! My car got broken into last Friday night and the C@ck sucker took off with my golf clubs, laptop and my house keys.

The funny thing is that there isn`t any sign of a forced entry into the car...no scratches and no broken windows.

Does anyone have an idea how that @$$hole got into my car?? My doors were locked tite also 100%.

Anyways I`m gonna go and install a Compustar alarm this Monday with the 2-way pager remote, and hopefully it won`t happen again.
Old 10-03-2002, 03:04 PM
Pro

Did you just buy your car? I heard of guys from the dealership breaking into cars sold from there.
Old 10-03-2002, 03:22 PM
@(UR@ +!

Originally posted by rayman009(2)
Did you just buy your car? I heard of guys from the dealership breaking into cars sold from there.
I bought it last December...actually that also came to my mind because the salesman wasn`t too happy with my trade in and he got FU(&ed in the end with having to lose money on my trade in....hmmm I really don`t know.

Have you heard anything about the compustar alarm system?
Old 10-03-2002, 03:53 PM
yeah i'm bored.

sounds like the remote was tapped into. either that or he's real good with jimmying the locks.

how easy is it to tap into our remote codes? i have no idea about that type of thing
Old 10-03-2002, 04:04 PM
@(UR@ +!

Originally posted by agean
sounds like the remote was tapped into. either that or he's real good with jimmying the locks.

how easy is it to tap into our remote codes? i have no idea about that type of thing
One of my friends also mentioned that maybe someone scanned my remote when I locked the doors. But you know what... if that guy had that kinda money to buy one of those scanners and goes through that kinda trouble to scan my remote he shoulda stolen alot more from my car. I mean my subs were also in the trunk, my pull cart for my golf clubs, my cd`s, sunglasses....you get the picture.

Unless that @$$ was working alone and couldn`t carry all that stuff.
Old 10-03-2002, 04:49 PM
boo

If were you Id change the house locks now!

Or better yet just leave them and get a glock...

Sorry for the loss..
Old 10-03-2002, 05:48 PM
Advanced

The remote technology Acura uses is old in that the frequency code doesn't change. If you buy any after-market alarm, it automatically has the random code generator.

If he was working alone, golf clubs and laptop would be quite a lot of stuff already.
Old 10-03-2002, 05:57 PM
Instructor

FWIW, I leave a sheet of paper over my VIN tag on the dash. It doesn't take much for someone to walk up to a car and jot down the VIN and have a friend at the dealership cut them a key. Even with the immobilizer it can be bypass by either the hand brake or the brake pedal (i cant recall on the tl's) once you know the code....
Am I paranoid ....well after having 3 cars stolen yeah....
Old 10-03-2002, 06:51 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by agean

I don't think the guy will spend time slim jimming the car, it would much easier to just break the glass.
Old 10-03-2002, 11:34 PM
VOTE OUT THE BUSH REGIME

I had to get into my TL once with a coat hanger!! It was soooo easy to just hit the unlock on the door panel. Yes compustar alarms are badass especially the new spread spectrum alarm. You can hookup other sensors like sensors for headlights, infrared, proximity alarms.
When I get rims for my TL I will be getting the alarm
Old 10-04-2002, 12:18 AM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by AK_MOBBER
I had to get into my TL once with a coat hanger!! It was soooo easy to just hit the unlock on the door panel. Yes compustar alarms are badass especially the new spread spectrum alarm. You can hookup other sensors like sensors for headlights, infrared, proximity alarms.
When I get rims for my TL I will be getting the alarm
they can still take your rims if they want it...even with an alarm. i dont know how the guy broke into your car without any damage/scratch.. isn't compustar that one device where they can track your car if its stolen? if theives have balls, they can take sh*t out of your car without even moving it or starting it....even with an alarm. no matter how much you spend on alarms, they'll break in. how? heres how...

you know when your alarm goes off and your headlights flash? before they do anything, they unscrew bumper lense or any type of reflector ...just be unscrewing it with a screwdriver. once they get that out, they splice the wires to the bulbs. they then set off your alarm by kicking it or whatever. then they touch the 2 wires together and viola....goodies!

oh and for rims? buy your expensive lug locks, they'll still take it if they want it. how? well....
Old 10-04-2002, 01:29 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by TLBaller

once they get that out, they splice the wires to the bulbs. they then set off your alarm by kicking it or whatever. then they touch the 2 wires together and viola....goodies!

thats why they have fuses....that was so gone in 60 seconds....doesn work in the tl my friend
Old 10-04-2002, 03:00 AM
¤ Club Inspire ¤

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by TLBaller

you know when your alarm goes off and your headlights flash? before they do anything, they unscrew bumper lense or any type of reflector ...just be unscrewing it with a screwdriver. once they get that out, they splice the wires to the bulbs. they then set off your alarm by kicking it or whatever. then they touch the 2 wires together and viola....goodies!
Old 10-04-2002, 07:04 AM
Burning Brakes

Put it this way. An alarm will only deter punks. Professional thieves will get in no matter what you do.
Old 10-04-2002, 08:04 AM
@(UR@ +!

Well I think that an aftermarket will at least do more than that stock `security` system that we have on it. As our car is with the security system they can break all the windows, strip the car down, steal my ICE, my mags........but the car itself will still be there.

At least with an alarm it`ll take away those few seconds that might make a difference when it`s sounding and hopefully draw attention.

As for my locks at home I`ve already changed those...that was the scary part.

With the new Compustar alarm, it has a 2 way pager that`ll let me know if the alarm goes off, or if a door or the trunk is open.

I think that when it gets installed I might go a leave my doors unlocked but with the alarm on and if some SOB goes in, I`ll be waiting around the corner with my Louisville slugger and KNOCK his head over centerfield ....I`m a little saddistic I know...hehehehehe
Old 10-04-2002, 11:52 AM
Banned

I love my Compustar alarm ..... well worth the $$$
Old 10-04-2002, 12:09 PM
@(UR@ +!

Originally posted by Yaron2
I love my Compustar alarm ..... well worth the $$$
Just wondering how much you paid including installation. I`m paying $425 CAN installed which comes to about $290 USD...is that a good deal?
Old 10-04-2002, 01:37 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
maybe you forgot to lock your doors
Old 10-04-2002, 01:55 PM
Intermediate

It's not uncommon to accidently hit the trunk or unlock button when your keys are in your pocket. It's happened to me once where I hit the trunk button by accident at night and the following morning my briefcase and documents were gone.
Old 10-04-2002, 02:18 PM
@(UR@ +!

Originally posted by tatty
It's not uncommon to accidently hit the trunk or unlock button when your keys are in your pocket. It's happened to me once where I hit the trunk button by accident at night and the following morning my briefcase and documents were gone.
That`s true, but on my alarm/starter (Polarstart) I have to hold the trunk release button for atleast 3 seconds before it`ll open. I think that they should make a 3 second delay also for the button to unlock the car to prevent accidental opening, because you never know when you have your keys and remote in your pant pocket and when you sit down you`ll probably hit the button.
Old 10-04-2002, 02:45 PM
Cruisin'

Originally posted by copyryte

That`s true, but on my alarm/starter (Polarstart) I have to hold the trunk release button for atleast 3 seconds before it`ll open. I think that they should make a 3 second delay also for the button to unlock the car to prevent accidental opening, because you never know when you have your keys and remote in your pant pocket and when you sit down you`ll probably hit the button.

Wouldn't do much to delay the unlocking button. After unlocking, the doors relock and alarm rearms if you don't open a door within 30 seconds. Try it; push your unlock button but don't open a door - just wait for them to relock.
Old 10-04-2002, 03:16 PM
@(UR@ +!

Originally posted by spyguy

Wouldn't do much to delay the unlocking button. After unlocking, the doors relock and alarm rearms if you don't open a door within 30 seconds. Try it; push your unlock button but don't open a door - just wait for them to relock.
That`s actually a mode that`s programmed into your aftermarket alarm. If that auto lock thing isn`t programmed into the alarm, like mine isn`t, the doors will stay open. You probably had that programmed into your alarm. Do you have a aftermarket alarm or factory Acura?
Old 10-04-2002, 03:29 PM
Racer

I have a factory alarm and the doors automatically lock after 30 seconds if you don't open them after using the remote.
Old 10-04-2002, 03:38 PM
@(UR@ +!

Originally posted by vipvop
I have a factory alarm and the doors automatically lock after 30 seconds if you don't open them after using the remote.
Cool...I`ve never tried with my aftermarket starter...I`ll try tonight and see.