Brainstorming Thread...New Cash Influx, Going to Fix Car! (JTCC Paint Possibly?)

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 09:39 AM
Rice Patrol

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Brainstorming Thread...New Cash Influx, Going to Fix Car! (JTCC Paint Possibly?)

Hey everyone, so I currently have a black '00 TL (see older thread)

it's not in the best shape and after an unsuccessful "murder" attempt, I've restored it back to stock (no tail tint, no window tint, stock rims, black rims SOLD)

That being said, I just got my bonus (woot!) and since I don't feel like paying off my X5 more than I need to at any given time, I'm thinking I'm just gonna drop it into the TL (and take my gf to dinner).

First and foremost, I need a new rear bumper. Mother Nature hasn't been kind to the TLs lately and the winds (I'm guessing, no other explanation really) ripped the clips off my rear bumper and it fell off and cracked. Sucks, I know.

I just managed to procure a lip kit (dealer had a FPR kit left over from someone who ordered it 6 years ago and never bought it) yeah, they charged me an arm and a leg but one that's mint is hard to find.

Ok, so the fun stuff..Once the bumper is fixed I'm going to get the car painted. I'm thinking a dark green or a gunmetal color (I play the drums and my set is gunmetal gray, it's a pale green i like it). I'm really sick of the black, I'd get it redone but after looking at this car for 10 years in black, it could use some new color.

Now here's the kicker, call me bat-shit insane but I really like how the JTCC paints cars... As in I want a different lip/lower body color with matching rims. My question is, has anyone done this before? If my eyes don't deceive me, i'd say that a dark orange or pink would be the best contrasting color...

I am also going to be getting new rims (which will be painted or come pre-painted). I have this huge fetish with multi spoke rims. Does anyone have experience with OZ rally? TireRack
Has a set I really like, but if they're shitty rims then I'll keep looking...

I know it's a crazy departure, but hey the car is old now, I might as well do something fun to it!

Any opinions or ideas are MORE than welcome. I'm not 100% on the idea (ok 99% lol) But I used to have an old '96 accord and wanted to do it so bad, but could never justify the costs. Now I can. Lemme know what you think!

Last edited by V_Langs_3.2TL; 07-30-2010 at 09:42 AM.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:01 AM
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
JTCC FTW! I always wanted to see a JTCC TL........
Old 07-30-2010, 11:09 AM
-Arsenic-

Received 101 Likes on 94 Posts
Im thinking it will look bad. lol
Old 07-30-2010, 12:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts
I think it's going to look bad, I remember seeing some car on here a couple years back with a huge spoiler and everything, and it looked like it was supposed to be JTCC status and lets just say it was realllly bad.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:52 PM
Rice Patrol

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
oh no spoiler for me :-)

I'm gonna start slow obviously, I'm getting it fixed and painted gunmetal (it's gray with a tint of green in it)

that and the drop will be a good starting point.

I've heard nothing but good things about OZ wheels, so i'll pull the trigger on them and the nice thing about tirerack is if I don't like the orange, I can exchange them within 30 days. so if nothing else I can always get white, black, silver, red, blue, or green (obviously I'd get white or silver if I wasn't feeling the orange)

the LAST thing I'd do is the bottom stripe, and I'm thinking I might just get a vinyl wrap done (it's a ton cheaper) and it'd be removable if it looked like crap... Called a local paint shop and wrapping the bottom in vinyl would cost me 60 bucks