bought a TL...got some newbie questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 07:46 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bought a TL...got some newbie questions

picked up a '03 TL type-S w/ navi, white diamond ext, parchment int, 29k miles, absolutely flawless cond, transferred 7yr/100k warranty. what is the going rate for this vehicle? (just checking to see if i paid too much or got a great deal)

what are the things that i should look out for with this vehicle? i'm going to call the dealer about the tranny issue this week. other than that, i couldn't find anything else major that i should look out for on this site. (btw...EXCELLENT forum).

what are the common mods that everyone does to this vehicle? i'm looking at getting the factory kit, and i'm 50/50 on the wing. what springs are people getting to drop this beast? how much is the drop? that might be all that i do for the exterior. maybe 18-19" rims in the future. i really like the stock look of the vehicle with the kit. looks so clean. intake, headers, exhaust...any suggestions?

what's the deal with the navi? i see people changing it so that they can watch dvd movies and watch tv on it. that's pretty slick. i was reading on the sticky about the conversion, but i got lost at page 7 or something like that. is there a step by step process for the conversion given anywhere?

what else do you guys do? thanks again. you guys rock!
Old 09-01-2004, 07:50 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hate to be the asshole that screams at the newb, but everything you asked is all over the forum. Do a search and all of your answers will appear!

Welcome Aboard
Old 09-01-2004, 08:12 PM
ChairmanMaoSaysRTFM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by yankystat
I hate to be the asshole that screams at the newb, but everything you asked is all over the forum. Do a search and all of your answers will appear!

Welcome Aboard

hahaha, oh man that was funny. get used to it though, that's the way we joke around here :P

seriously though, a search will answer alot of your questions. there really aren't any other major issues with the car to beware of that i have found yet.

intake/exhaust/headers are the most common mods. dropping is good. some springs are alot lower than others though so base your choices on the local roads, weather, etc.

the dvd thing for the navi is a module you need to buy and install. nothing major though. basically just poke around and you'll see alot of different stuff floating around. enjoy and welcome!

SSTS