bonehead crashed into my TL-S :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2002, 06:53 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy bonehead crashed into my TL-S :(

Sigh.

I was visiting a friend in CT today and I was only 500 ft away from her apartment complex on a one lane (each direction) highway. I started to make a left turn when the bonehead in an SUV behind me decides to pass me on LEFT in a no passing zone across the double yellow lines. He says I he thought I was turning right and that I didn't signal. I ALWAYS signal. (If I didn't signal, why did he think I was turning right?)

So anyway he smashed my driver's side front fender, bumper, rim, and headlight (just scratches and paint on the headlight). The other guy was furious and swore that it was my fault, but the officers gave him a citation and put him down at fault. I'm willing to bet I haven't heard the end of it, having gone through something similar to this once before, but I should win this easily.

Hey Pianoman, you are from this area and might know more about I do about Massachusetts insurance laws, what body shops might be good around here, and what my rights are regarding OEM parts. Could you e-mail me with any advice you might have?? (use e-mail address below). I would really appreciate any advice you might have (or anyone else from MA who reads this.)

Pictures soon. Sigh.

Paul
seqiro@attbi.com
Old 10-02-2002, 07:36 PM
Instructor

What an idiot. Glad you're okay, though. That coulda been a gnarly accident the way he almost t-boned you.

Danny
Old 10-02-2002, 08:31 PM
Instructor

This is my car.

This is what happened. My car blue, SUV beige.
Old 10-02-2002, 08:56 PM
Racer

Ah man i'm sorry about the accident . What a jerk!! I swear some people are so irresponsible!!
Old 10-02-2002, 09:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Ouch that sux man, what a moron. Hope they fix her as good as new.

P.S. Thats the best accident diagram I have ever seen, complete with the Batman soundeffects bubble.
Old 10-02-2002, 10:06 PM
Having Fun?

Ugghh. That stinx. I love the diagram.

From the sounds of it you should have no probs winning that case.

-copland007
Old 10-02-2002, 10:18 PM
Burning Brakes

I hope he brings a suit against ya, so you can make him look like a fool in court then file a countersuit. Hey Maybe you can do this at the People's Court Sorry to hear about your accident. Best of luck.
Old 10-02-2002, 10:24 PM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Mr Hyde

P.S. Thats the best accident diagram I have ever seen, complete with the Batman soundeffects bubble.
You should get reimbursed just for making that diagram.

BTW, hope everything works out for you asap!
Old 10-02-2002, 10:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

don't worry, insurance company 99% goes by the officer's report...They'll pick up the tap for sure.
Old 10-02-2002, 10:57 PM
Instructor

Ouch!
Old 10-02-2002, 11:51 PM
Racer

Hahaha,

Damn I'm sorry bout the crash. You should kick his ass for that. And That diagram is the funniest and best diagram ive seen since a textbook. LOLZ.
Old 10-03-2002, 12:24 AM
Go Stros!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Make that mofo pay for this..he deserves to pay...f*cked up..what an IDIOT??!! I hate people like that know it is their fault and still act like it is not..man, f*ck that jerk.
Old 10-03-2002, 01:24 AM
Banned

Re: bonehead crashed into my TL-S :(

Originally posted by Seqiro
Sigh.

I was visiting a friend in CT today and I was only 500 ft away from her apartment complex on a one lane (each direction) highway. I started to make a left turn when the bonehead in an SUV behind me decides to pass me on LEFT in a no passing zone across the double yellow lines. He says I he thought I was turning right and that I didn't signal. I ALWAYS signal. (If I didn't signal, why did he think I was turning right?)

Man that totally sucks. That same scenario happened to a friend of mine a few years back--very common. You should have little trouble with your insurance company, especially since he was cited.

I dropped you an email about body shops.
Old 10-03-2002, 07:28 AM
Racer

Sorry about your accident man

totally not your fault.....even if you were turning right or going straight. You just can't pass like that. But of course I believe you that it was clear you were turning left and you used your directional. You will be fine in winning the case.

As for body shops go, I can reccomend Bigelow Auto body in Watertown MA. It's pretty close to the Arsenal Mall I think. Anyways, the place is fairly pricey, but there work is top notch. Get an estimate from them if it's convenient to you and see how you make out with the insurance $$$. Usually you get more than you need from the insurance anyways. Best of luck!
Old 10-03-2002, 07:56 AM
Burning Brakes

The diagram is clear. Thanks. You should be an artist to a lawfirm. LOL. It would be interesting to get the shot as the SUV driver saw the situation (e.g. maybe from the on-coming direction)... The car looks ugly. So sorry. It's amazing how ugly the most beautiful machine looks when something is not correct with the Line (body). On a bright side... Any lawyer will have you going to the physical therapist, neurologist, pediatrician, and any other itian that can net them some dough. By the looks of things you can start singing: "...I'm in the money..." Of course... even though the idiot was completely wrong... you could just claim the Dealership (Acura) authorized and certified repair, Double Upgrade car rental, and a good rate hike for the burro. He just commited to being guilty when he said "he thought I was turning right and that I didn't signal" Bottom line: he crossed the double yellow. And most likely... he was following too close. :-)
Old 10-03-2002, 09:29 AM
Three Wheelin'

It doesn't matter--the idiot passed over a double yellow and got a citation for his trouble. What a numbnut! Hope things work out for ya!
Old 10-03-2002, 11:47 AM
Banned

sometimes people really do stupid things .... this one is certainly up there!!!
Old 10-03-2002, 01:15 PM
Instructor

just on the diagram alone u should win...
Old 10-03-2002, 05:36 PM
Racer

Lets suppose that you were turning right and this bonehead who is in a rush decided to go around you as you turn right. So he crosses the double yellow so as to not have to slow down. Crossing the double yellow is illegal no matter what. So that alone puts him at fault. Even if there was no accident my point is that a cop can give him a ticket for doing just that.

By the way this is how a lot of kids crossing an intersections on foot or bike get hit. I've seen it happen. The car doing the passing by way of crossing the double yellow has no idea whats ahead in front of the car they are passing. A kid could notice the blinker of a car that is about to turn right and decides to start making his way across the street. By the time the passing car gets to the intersection on the wrong side of the road it is too late. By this point anyone on foot cossign this intersection is not worried about traffic in that direction and is already looking the other way to finish crossing the street. Sad ...really sad. Oh how horrible. I just relived an aweful day.
Old 10-04-2002, 05:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

what make/model camera did u take that pic with ????????
Old 10-04-2002, 06:54 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Seqiro - Man I'm sorry to see the damage but I've never laughed so hard in my life when I saw your diagram! Priceless. In your accident case I don't think you have anything to worry about, the other guy sounds like one of those"everyone else is wrong in the world except me" types. When fixed by a good shop you won't be able to tell it was ever hit.
Old 10-05-2002, 12:46 AM
Comptech Freak

that's completely his fault...and can be charged more than one violation
Old 10-05-2002, 03:38 AM
bluLEGEND

CHeck this out:

http://www.pbase.com/blulegend/after

Feel better? Anyways, I hope you get things squared away quickly and painlessly.
Old 10-05-2002, 11:53 PM
Racer

Re: bonehead crashed into my TL-S :(

Originally posted by Seqiro

So anyway he smashed my driver's side front fender, bumper, rim, and headlight (just scratches and paint on the headlight). The other guy was furious and swore that it was my fault, but the officers gave him a citation and put him down at fault.

Paul
seqiro@attbi.com
It's a freakin' shame but it turned out to be a good day, because 1) it is definitely repairable, and more importantly 2) you walked away with no damage to YOUR body. <p>That isn't to say you have no right to be pissed, but in a short while your Acura will be "good as new" again. Hope it goes without any snags from here-on in--good luck!
Old 10-06-2002, 01:30 AM
Racer

there are some crazy ppl out there who always think it is other people whom are at fault

i was going to my frd' place this other day, and while i was making a right turn into a small side street (the street that i was on and the street that i was turning into were very narrow), i almost got hit head on by an idiot. This was how the situation occured. As I was slowing down to make this right turn, all of a sudden this moron who was making a left turn into the street that i was coming from cut the corner so badly it is as though he was making a right turn ( his left rear wheel almost went up the curb on the other side of the road). Consequently i had to slam on my brakes since he took up all the lane space which i should have. Not only did he not apologize, he fingered me. I was like wtf!!
Old 10-07-2002, 02:12 PM
Instructor

Hey thanks for all the support everyone.

Just got news that the fender is on national back order and probably won't be available until next week.

In the meantime, my rental is Dodge Ram 1500. It was all Enterprise had at the time! Dear lord is that thing big. I barely have room to park it! :wow: