Body shop troubles

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 12:17 PM
Low and Slow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Body shop troubles

So, I was in an accident. Got the car back.

$3,361.18 later things are STILL not looking great.

I was told it will, "Never be right again," because the last body shop who did work, apparently did nothing right.

I've got larger gaps than before at the fenders, and hood right below the grill. The head lights aren't lining up well, and frankly I'm just not satisfied.

The paint work is O.K., but there is more orange peel look. The estimator who looked at the car initially is telling me there is nothing they can do about that.

I'm open to suggestions as to what you all think. This is causing me such a headache that I've contemplated parting out, and selling the car. Though I don't want to do that.

So, please chyme in with any suggestions. Let me know if you all think I'm being jerked around, because I am, in their eyes a "stupid kid" who doesn't know any better.

Thanks Aziners, for your help in advance.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Well there isnt much you can do. I never would have let it leave the shop that did the work without them repaying me for the crappy work or fixing it the way it should have. If a shop is telling you it will never be the same FIND a different shop. Cars today are designed to be repaired easy. A good shop should be able to repair it properly
Old 04-25-2008, 02:28 PM
Just chillen..

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got pics bro? Sorry to hear this.
Old 04-25-2008, 02:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by ryebreadisme

I was told it will, "Never be right again," because the last body shop who did work, apparently did nothing right.

I've got larger gaps than before at the fenders, and hood right below the grill. The head lights aren't lining up well, and frankly I'm just not satisfied.

The paint work is O.K., but there is more orange peel look. The estimator who looked at the car initially is telling me there is nothing they can do about that.

I'm open to suggestions as to what you all think. This is causing me such a headache that I've contemplated parting out, and selling the car. Though I don't want to do that.

So, please chyme in with any suggestions. Let me know if you all think I'm being jerked around, because I am, in their eyes a "stupid kid" who doesn't know any better.

had a similar issue a few months back, took my car in a total of 4 times to fix the gas tank and clear the overspray. Insurance said there was nothing they could do and if i was not satisfied, return the car to the shop and have them fix it since they guarantee their work. In the end, they still didn't clear all the overspray and I just ended up doing it myself. After awhile you figure out your dealing with idiots. Lesson Learned:take it to the dealer next time. The company:Service King now which I refer to as Service Queen.
Old 04-25-2008, 02:43 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
Contact your state board of Licensing, which all shops must pay and obey to be allowed to work at all.
Complain- send pics- details but concise

There is small claims court if another shop looks at your car and gives estimate to repair correctly
Contact your insuance carrier- they paid to have the car fixed to - ~as before the accident~- not -paid full price got half job!!
They have power to help you- it was their money right!
Stand up for your rights
Old 04-25-2008, 03:08 PM
Instructor

The shop is jerking you around. I completed college for autobody repair and worked in a number of body shops. Fight for the job to be done right. they are trying to save on time/cost, therefore doing a half ass job
Old 04-25-2008, 04:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Goran
The shop is jerking you around. I completed college for autobody repair and worked in a number of body shops. Fight for the job to be done right. they are trying to save on time/cost, therefore doing a half ass job
whered u go centennial?
Old 04-25-2008, 04:53 PM
Low and Slow

The job is being paid for by me, not the insurance company.

I did take it back up there today, and have them look at some things. They aren't giving me a real hard time about looking at things, but I'm not satisfied at all. I guess I will look into contacting the state licensing board idea.

I did look at the car before I left, but it was a very rainy day, so not very good light to inspect closely and whatnot.

Keep trowing suggestions guys! I appreciate it!
Old 04-25-2008, 05:28 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by MurdaZ
whered u go centennial?

Yep
Old 04-25-2008, 05:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
for reals, im going there now, just finished year one in auto tech
Old 04-25-2008, 06:32 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ryebreadisme

exactly how I feel my boyfriend came down with me and sorted them out a bit going in next week to have my hood and bumper repainted and the center console fixed... they did a half ass job putting it back together and left gouges in it
Old 04-27-2008, 12:26 AM
Low and Slow

I think the bottom line is, there are very few shops worth paying to do this work...
Old 04-27-2008, 04:57 AM
Volks FTW!!!

sorry to hear that bro. there are a lot of good body shops out here in CA.

i know a few that will do a great job as if the accident never happened. if your headlights and body panels don't line up, there's something wrong.