Body Kit Installation

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2002, 06:07 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Body Kit Installation

I am considering adding the body kit to my car. I saw at ACP the 4 piece was for a little over $800. I was wondering if this is something I can install myself. I don't know much about working on cars and would not be comfortable doing any type of major work. I already have a rear spoiler, so I don't have to worry about that. If anyone can explain the installation process to me, I would be very appreciative. Thank you.
Old 04-18-2002, 06:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
check FAQ -- for installation

Manus99,

Refer to the FAQ -- along the side of the screen -- and read up. There are lots of members on the board who have done it themselves with not that much trouble. It's better when you have a friend to help you out to align things... (or so I am told).

I am thinking about doing the install myself ... but perhaps I will leave it up to the experts. I'm too scared of breaking something important.

Hope that helps.

derrick
'02 EBP TL Type-S
mods: OEM rear spoiler, PIAA 9006 fog bulbs
future mods: tints, bodykit
Old 04-18-2002, 09:57 PM
Acura TL-S

both of u guys can do it urselves... i did it with a friend and it took us about 2.5 hours. the sides are done in about 30 mins for both, and the rear the biggest pain in the ass, cuz u gotta squeeze clips in. the front is easy cuz u take of the bumper. just make sure u do it with a friend and follow the directions. also make sure u have all the parts and tools the instructions list before u start. tahts all
Old 04-18-2002, 10:33 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

You can find lots of NJ members in this board who can give you a hand installing the kit. It's very easy!!!
Old 04-18-2002, 11:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Follow instructions given on this board. It's easy. I did mine myself. Tim (the owner of this sight and from whom I bought my OEM kit) is also very helpful should you need any help.
Old 04-19-2002, 08:22 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Lightbulb Re: Body Kit Installation

Originally posted by Manus99
I am considering adding the body kit to my car. I saw at ACP the 4 piece was for a little over $800. I was wondering if this is something I can install myself. I don't know much about working on cars and would not be comfortable doing any type of major work. I already have a rear spoiler, so I don't have to worry about that. If anyone can explain the installation process to me, I would be very appreciative. Thank you.
I am the same way with installing stuff. All I have ever done is change the oil and oil filter on a car... but then I got the TL-S. So far I have installed my Comtech Exhausts and my Injen Intake by myself. The exhausts were pretty easy, and the intake wasn't bad either. I mean, it may have taken me a little longer then some of the other people on here.... but I got it done no problem. For both installs I did a search on here, read the FAQs and used what I found as my directions. For your reference, here is a link to the FAQ. I say go for it... there's not many feelings better then installing something yourself.....

http://www.acura-tl.com/faq.htm#7c
Old 04-19-2002, 09:30 AM
Pro

Re: Re: Body Kit Installation

Originally posted by juniorbean

I am the same way with installing stuff. All I have ever done is change the oil and oil filter on a car... but then I got the TL-S. So far I have installed my Comtech Exhausts and my Injen Intake by myself. The exhausts were pretty easy, and the intake wasn't bad either. I mean, it may have taken me a little longer then some of the other people on here.... but I got it done no problem. For both installs I did a search on here, read the FAQs and used what I found as my directions. For your reference, here is a link to the FAQ. I say go for it... there's not many feelings better then installing something yourself.....

http://www.acura-tl.com/faq.htm#7c
I agree. You just end up loving your car even more by installing stuff on it. It's definitely recommended to install the kit with a friend's help. No rocket science here. Took my friend and I about 3 hours. You'll need to drill some holes though but the "crosshair" are clearly marked in where you have to drill. Piece of cake. Just looking at the results after you're done makes it all worth it.

axleback
Old 04-19-2002, 06:23 PM
Instructor

Thumbs up

Go for it, besides the pride thing you will save atleast a couple hundred bucks, for about 3 hours labor. I did mine and while it wasnt a "piece of cake" it wasnt that bad either. BTW I also used the instructions from Tim.