Bless URETHANE, damm water puddles!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 08:28 PM
@ slide or die @

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bless URETHANE, damm water puddles!

Anyone with a WW kit would know that it practically forms a scoop under the car like this --> |_=--= _| and that its made out of practically understructable raw urethane.

As i was dropping off my little brother over at his violin classes, its rainy, dark and had a huge Escalade infront. I count see this 10inch deep puddle that occupied 2 outa 3lanes (Glades road right before FL's turnpike) AND outa nowhere, the car infront shoots water like 20feet in the air and breaks madly, so do i as dive into the pond at like 50mph.

I was originally going into the left lane but there was a car there -which i almost hit BTW- and aint no way i was heading into the deeper right lane where i coulda submerged my CAI.

My Beautifull WW right side skirt got riped out from the front, bent backwards at like 3/4ths of the way so that the front was literally pointing at the car behind my rear right wheel. i didnt notice untill it started rubbing against the road. I stop on the rightmost flooded lane like 200yards ahead and yell ****** ******** ******* ***** ****** *** *********** *** *****!!!!

Now, the beautifull thing is the paint is just scratched, nobody got hurt exept me (my heart was torn apart too) and as expected, the polyurethane didnt get dammaged...i bent back forward withought any traces of previous bent...AMAZING!!

Considering the number and sizes of the missing paint spots, i'd say i'm in for a 300 repair...outa my pocket since i'm sure the insurance wont pay for it. im sure the'll have to repaint the whole skirt. (i'm 18, paying for college, gas, books -not insurance- and work less than 15hr/week on $8.75/hr...minus taxes!)

Nah, just thought i'd share the story, maibe someone else wants to dive into ponds.
peace

p.s. sry for length, even though its edited 4times.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:38 PM
Who Dis Is?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn man that's is very shitty. I take glades road everyday and I've never seen any hanus puddle you speak of (thank god). I'm guessing you go to FAU? I think I've seen your TL actually. You park by the science building and have the gold (can't quite remember the color) with the WW kit and red calipers and I think you just got CT exhaust. I could be wrong.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:10 PM
@ slide or die @

yeah, i park by the Phy Sci building, no exhaust though, just some cool $8tips from autozone. Glades/yamato (prob others too) flooded with today's rain since the sewer system must've been crammed up with hurricane water.

anyhow i cried enough today, better leave some for tomorow when my mechanic gives me a proposal...

Tunaboy, are you that other TL i've seen in that lot, light brownish, no tints?
Old 09-29-2004, 09:41 PM
Who Dis Is?

Yea I just got a glimpse of the tips but from the side they looked similar to comptech.

Nope, I have the Black TL dropped, 18's CT exhaust and wrecked front bumper with the airbags out You must have early classes M.W.F. because I have to park about 1/2 a mile out and you're always in the front (bastard) and I walk past it everyday.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:50 PM
woooo!!

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
damnnn dude. sucks for the $$ repairs, but good thing ur okay! and the damage wasn't too serious.

er why cant there be acura-tl forumians around my area
Old 09-30-2004, 12:19 AM
1999 Acura 3.2 TL

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
subtle.. u are located in arcadia? next to rosemead right??
Old 09-30-2004, 01:11 AM
woooo!!

Originally Posted by slikz
subtle.. u are located in arcadia? next to rosemead right??
yesh sir. Arcadia is northeast of Rosemead and Van Nuys is about... hmm... 30 mins-ish drive away
Old 09-30-2004, 01:37 AM
1999 Acura 3.2 TL

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
lol there here is an "acura-tl.com forumian" around ur area.. i know people that live around that area (rosemead, monterey park, el monte, alhambra) so i`m around that area every other weekend.. let`s meet up sometimes =D
Old 09-30-2004, 02:13 AM
woooo!!

Originally Posted by slikz
lol there here is an "acura-tl.com forumian" around ur area.. i know people that live around that area (rosemead, monterey park, el monte, alhambra) so i`m around that area every other weekend.. let`s meet up sometimes =D
im down with that.
although it would be much sweeter if we can get a los angeles area meet @ a convinient location on a good day, wouldn't you agree? hmmm a train of TL/CLs going for a mountain drive.... that sounds beautiful.

i guess when im not lazy ill make a thread here and hop over to cl forums and try to get a thing together. wonder when that will happen tho

btw sorry,
Old 09-30-2004, 09:09 AM
@ slide or die @

Originally Posted by Tunaboy
Yea I just got a glimpse of the tips but from the side they looked similar to comptech.

Nope, I have the Black TL dropped, 18's CT exhaust and wrecked front bumper with the airbags out You must have early classes M.W.F. because I have to park about 1/2 a mile out and you're always in the front (bastard) and I walk past it everyday.
i'm in @ 8am

AAAAAAnyways,

i just took the car to my body mech and he said he didint work on ground effect kits anymore...*******!! he said my paint was cracked and that it was gonna take a lotta work...BUT he said there's a painting technique where only the affected area gets painted and this duds make the paint BLEND with the unaffected area...apparently he said he did this with my rear bumper back when i got rearended. Thisway the repars can go a low as $200
Old 09-30-2004, 09:43 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tunaboy

hahahaha..that is you. My friend at FAU told me there is black TL with rim and exhaust. and have it's airbags out and used tape to hold it back? what a small world...my friend drive a 04 yellow s2000 u might see him around. But right his s2000 is in the shop now u might see him driving a black EVO.
Old 09-30-2004, 04:06 PM
@ slide or die @

ill look for Tunaboy tomorow...BTW Vtec2, is your friend asian, 'cause the only black evo i've seen on that lot was driven by this asian dud. those things are pimp!

Do any of you guys know a body shop near FAU? Boca? or anywhere in a 20minute ride radious from FAU?

i take back what i said about just having to paint only half of my skirt...aparently there's cracked paint all the way to the back...

watever...no big deal there's like 6 other fixed up cars on that FAU parking lot with missing bumpers, huge dents and lots of body dammage all around. Oh, i saw a black '04 TL with like 15%tints all around, 6spd, that oem body kit and amazing rims...in FAU...heh, what cool car, too bad its so big
Old 09-30-2004, 06:11 PM
Instructor

yea..we are chinese. Usually his sister drive the Evo. yea FAU does have alot cool car..have real evo 7 (Red) bugs eye STI and NSX.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:34 PM
Who Dis Is?

DUDE NO SHIT!!! I could of sworn I saw the EVO XII wing on one (of many) evo's at FAU then I saw the badge and it had the Evolution XII on it. It blows my mind that someone is driving that in college that's like a $55 thousand dollar car, but worth every penny. yea awesome cars at FAU I saw a Bently Continental in the parking lot once. THe black NSX i could go on it makes me feel like crap in a TL, but I love my car and it's more practical.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:57 PM
Instructor

yea. next time if have chance walk up to that bright red(not the usdm red) evo and look inside. u will see ACD button instead of the fog light USDM have. and it run on km/h not mph.
Old 09-30-2004, 09:45 PM
@ slide or die @

yup, the Evo dud knows i was checkin out his ride as he pulled out...vtec2, im heading to WestonZuela tomorow to do some body work on my brother's (previouly mine) 3000GT VR-4 and Tuna, i'll be pullin outa FAU tomorow @ 2 i'll look for your ride.

peace duds, gotta do lotta homework.

ps. westonzuela because its packed with my venezuelan people, you know what i'm talking about.