Black window trim

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 09:32 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black window trim

I have been noticing some blemishes growing on my window trim, before I get any

I attempted to post pics and Just not getting it.... anyway, on the driver side window trim there is like this bubbling happening. Then on the rear passenger door B post, the black trim is delaminating. So today I go to the the dealership and talk to the service writer, show him what is going on. He says "yeah, we will fix it, going to take like a week to get it done." Then he explains that this is not uncommon, not all cars do it but the ones that do, just get worse. Then he goes on to explain that the black trim around the windows is a tape, not paint, but in order to fix it, the have to dismantle the doors to get the pieces out, then send them to a body shop to be stripped of the tape and actually PAINTED.

Then I ask if they are only going to do the bad pieces, to my surprise, he tells me no, all of them, it would look pretty bad to just do parts of it.

Now for the damage... $0.00 Gotta love the warranty!!

So if you start seeing blistering or delamination, get it in before the warranty expires if you can!!
Old 07-18-2005, 10:03 PM
Cruisin'

window trim

hey, I have a 1999 TL. and I am having the same problem. I am actually out of warranty as you could tell. but i have been picking from my window and now the black trim peels off and you could see the silver metalic metal finish beneath it. its really ugly. i went to the dealership and they told me it would run about 400 bucks!!!! so i said screw it.. ill leave it on. unless you have any other ideas?? let me know!!
Old 07-19-2005, 02:06 PM
Racer

take it to a bodyshop and paint it gloss black