birds

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2001, 05:14 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
birds

Strange thing that has been happening to me since i got my tl is that birds have been hitting my car.. I have had 3 birds hit my windshield already.i have never been hit nor hit a bird while driving in my previous cars but it seems that birds like the windshield of the tl? any others with "bird" troubles? lol
Old 08-05-2001, 06:05 PM
Instructor

Other than birds crapping like mad on my car, I've had nothing but respect from the birds :-). We did hit a bird going over 40 mph in my friend's tahoe though...it wasn't a pretty sight.

-Burt
Old 08-06-2001, 01:18 PM
Instructor

Re: birds

Originally posted by Holmes85
Strange thing that has been happening to me since i got my tl is that birds have been hitting my car.. I have had 3 birds hit my windshield already.i have never been hit nor hit a bird while driving in my previous cars but it seems that birds like the windshield of the tl? any others with "bird" troubles? lol
Just last week I had a couple of birds fly into my windshield as well... never happened to me before...

Just Me
Old 08-06-2001, 03:26 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
Re: birds

Originally posted by Holmes85
Strange that you say that. About 2 weeks ago I was driving with another guy and I saw this bird fly right in front of my car. I looked into the rearview and no bird. I thought oh oh, its in my grill. The guy I was with thought so too. I then forgot about it.

2 days later I am washing my car and sure enough the bird was wedged in the right lower grill near the fog light. Man that bird was wedged in there. It took about 5 minutes to get it out in pieces with my hand as I didnt want to damage the grill with a tool.
Old 08-08-2001, 03:38 PM
Moo
Pro

Blexv6,

Man...that is sooo sick!!!
Old 08-08-2001, 03:58 PM
Pro

no bird trouble here but i had a mouse stuck between the tire and the rim! it was very very phucking wierd cause the head of the mouse was stuck in there, as well as one leg. i didn't really notice it until i pulled into the driveway and it smelled. i was prolly stuck in there for about 3-4 days, going round and round. i tried to get it out but didn't work. body parts just starting falling off. so i figured, I'll just go for a drive on the expressway.
Old 08-08-2001, 04:11 PM
Racer

Originally posted by jz983
no bird trouble here but i had a mouse stuck between the tire and the rim! it was very very phucking wierd cause the head of the mouse was stuck in there, as well as one leg. i didn't really notice it until i pulled into the driveway and it smelled. i was prolly stuck in there for about 3-4 days, going round and round. i tried to get it out but didn't work. body parts just starting falling off. so i figured, I'll just go for a drive on the expressway.
eeewww.

Don't forget to use those anti-lock brakes to get things "squeaky clean" (sorry couldn't resist the pun)!
Old 08-08-2001, 08:06 PM

Lightbulb

Hmmmmmm , Another application of Rain-X may let them
"slide" off and launch them to safety!.. other then that
wow!. i dont really know, unless you drove onto one of
Hitchcocks sets????
Old 08-08-2001, 08:11 PM
Drifting

at what altitude are you guys driving at? no low flying foul projectiles around Miami
Old 08-08-2001, 08:21 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

I'm sorry fellas.. that is some funny ass sh!t .. I know it is focked up but.. damn.. you gave me a good laugh today.. I needed it..

BLEXV6-
dude, you have me tearing.. that is hella funny.. sorry, it's been a long day..
What kind of bird was it?? Piegion??
I ran into a couple back when I had a Van.. they leave this nasty white stuff all over the front of the car..

hmm.. wonder if there is a scientific explaination for this??.. windshield shape? Navigation?
Old 08-08-2001, 11:09 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by jz983
body parts just starting falling off. so i figured, I'll just go for a drive on the expressway.
BARRFFF!
Old 08-09-2001, 01:21 PM
Instructor

I hit two birds in back to back days last month. Kind of freaked me out really. It is just one of those things. Before that I hadn't hit a bird in close to 10 years, then back to back birds.
Old 08-09-2001, 01:35 PM
Advanced

sighting

The other day I saw that I had 6 bird landings on my back window. I mean come on, that was crazy. Like they meant to do that.