Best way to protect NAV screen?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2001, 09:04 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best way to protect NAV screen?

Hey guys,

I was wondering what you guys use for protecting the NAV screen. There's that PDA screen protector stuff but it isn't big enough for our screen. Putting 2 together won't look good. Can you recommend other screen protectors out there? Oh yeah, what's also the best way to clean it without scratching the screen? TIA.

Regards,
Mike H.
Old 12-15-2001, 10:43 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i tried the 2 pda protector thing too.

i have a couple hairline scratches on it, but mostly using hte knob now instead of the touchscreen.

i think after you get used to it, it's actually easier 'cuz you can't accidentially hit the wrong button and have to hit another one to delete or go back.
Old 12-16-2001, 12:43 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
They have this clear thin plastic that goes over the screen of the new plastic lap top screens. Just cut a lil peice to the size of the navi screen. It is static stick and antiglare. It works miracles with the sunroof open. I'd say i can see at least 30% better with the roof open. Its not a lot but its an improvement. Touch screen also works very well, and it doesnt scratch because its fairly strong. I bought mine from comp usa for 12.99 for a 12.9 inch screen. They have many sizes, you might actually be able to get a pretty good fitting one that might be like a quater inch short al around. I bout the bigger size so that i can have a perfect fit, im a freak when it comes to perfection and also so i have room to play for cutting, and extra when the one i have now gets scratched up.
Old 12-16-2001, 08:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

Hey Bigman,

I went looking for that stuff and couldn't find any that would fit a laptop. Only found the worthless PDA stuff. Would you look at the package (if you still have it) and post the manufacturer and product name for me?

Thanks,

Vincent