bay area acura service.

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2003, 02:21 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bay area acura service.

what acura service departments are recommened?

i used to go to stevens creeka acura, but they have become the scum of the earth. they really could give a rats ass about your concerns and problems there. I really dont want to be treated like someone comming in for just a cup of free morning coffee. I was thinking about los gatos acura. what you guys think?
Old 11-23-2003, 02:35 AM
Instructor

Stevens Creek is pretty bad. Sunnyvale may be ok, but their sales was crappy too...from my visit (buying car) Los Gatos might be a winner.
Old 11-23-2003, 04:06 AM
Racer

i've been to both serramonte and mike harvey, both are pretty freindly, don't have a probelm with them yet. might be a bit too far thought if ur use to going to the dealers in s.bay.
Old 11-23-2003, 09:13 AM
Instructor

Acura of Pleasantan is just "OK". Starbucks coffee in the "customer lounge" (AKA waiting room) does not make up for:
- waiting for a loaner Irequested at the time I made the appointment
- a sratched engine cover
- Dash and steering column noise not found
Old 11-23-2003, 12:40 PM
Three Wheelin'

anyone personally go to los gatos acura here?
Old 11-23-2003, 01:54 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have been to Los Gatos Acura's body shop after my TLS got rear ended. The service was GREAT !!! The consultant took care of every detail thing that I mentioned. As for the service department, it depends on who you work with. The first service consult that I met to work on the warpped rotors was pretty good. But when I brought in my TLS to fix the leaking head light seal, I met a different guy and he told me he needed to order the seal and it's been a month now and I have not heard from him. Everytime I called to speak to him, the operator either told me he was on vacation or he did not work at this day/hours. So, go figure ...

Overall, Los Gatos Acura is alright ... as I mentioned before, it's up to which service consultant you work with.

Good Luck !!!
Old 11-23-2003, 03:37 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by TLSAnthracite
i've been to both serramonte and mike harvey, both are pretty freindly, don't have a probelm with them yet. might be a bit too far thought if ur use to going to the dealers in s.bay.

serramonte has the one guy that acts like an a$$. i asked if i can get a loaner, his reply was "the rental agency is right there". pretty pathetic if you ask me, that's why i may just buy a lexus or benz next time.
Old 11-23-2003, 04:24 PM
Pro

Benz ain't normally any better. At Oakland, CA MB they won't give you a loaner unless you bought the car there.
Old 11-24-2003, 02:28 AM
Racer

well, i don't know why you guys fussing over a loaner car. When i got my car, there was this part in the documents that says that the dealer is no obligated to give you a loaner car. Didn't your sales explained to you?
Old 11-24-2003, 11:54 AM
Safety Car

Originally posted by TLSAnthracite
well, i don't know why you guys fussing over a loaner car. When i got my car, there was this part in the documents that says that the dealer is no obligated to give you a loaner car. Didn't your sales explained to you?
so i guess it's my fault that there's a recall?
Old 11-24-2003, 12:41 PM
Pro

Just Courtesy. Its nice to have a loaner and if Acura wants to play with the luxury Big Boys they better have some good service and loaners to boot. My co-worker got a '03 ES300 when he got warranty repair on his '99 RX300
Old 11-24-2003, 01:21 PM
Instructor

I take my car to Mike Harvey, service is great, but I recently found out that they lost two good mechanics. Doug and Chris, hate to see you guys go. You guys did great work. Service is becoming poorer due to lack of experience in the shop.
Old 11-24-2003, 03:42 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by Chet03TL-S
Just Courtesy. Its nice to have a loaner and if Acura wants to play with the luxury Big Boys they better have some good service and loaners to boot. My co-worker got a '03 ES300 when he got warranty repair on his '99 RX300
That's why Lexus is #1 when it comes to owner's satisfactions. I was thinking about getting a MDX but I think I'll get the GX now cause I like people kissing my @ss
Old 11-24-2003, 05:15 PM
Advanced

There is a good independent shop in Livermore, Import Auto Tech, if you are looking for a shop to do non-warranty work. They are factory trained and use Honda/Acura parts. I took my old intregra there and was always treated right. No Loaner cars, but they will drive you home/work if it is in the area. The car was always ready on time and at a fair price.

I have had the need to take my 03 TL-S in for service there yet, but I am sure I will receive the same quality service I have gotten in the past.
Old 11-25-2003, 12:25 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by pca7ggr
Acura of Pleasantan is just "OK". Starbucks coffee in the "customer lounge" (AKA waiting room) does not make up for:
- waiting for a loaner Irequested at the time I made the appointment
- a sratched engine cover
- Dash and steering column noise not found
I have had my wifes 99 TL in there for service a couple
of times, and twice, it has been damaged while in the shop (dent in fender,torn weatherstripping) and needed to be repaired....
Place and car sucks ass and I will NEVER again buy another Acura....
Old 11-25-2003, 12:29 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by cljw
There is a good independent shop in Livermore, Import Auto Tech, if you are looking for a shop to do non-warranty work. They are factory trained and use Honda/Acura parts. I took my old intregra there and was always treated right. No Loaner cars, but they will drive you home/work if it is in the area. The car was always ready on time and at a fair price.

I have had the need to take my 03 TL-S in for service there yet, but I am sure I will receive the same quality service I have gotten in the past.
I have heard good things about Precision Auto repair in
Pleasanton also....
I have not had the TL in there yet but have heard from others
they do good work....Honda and Acura only and offer shuttle and loaners.....
Old 11-25-2003, 12:45 PM
Cruisin'

serramonte is nice. been there 2 times pretty good service
Old 11-25-2003, 12:47 PM
Three Wheelin'

I went to what I believe was Concord Acura and was pretty disappointed with the service. They did give me a loaner, but at the same time they also "accidentally" left my car running for 90 miles.
Old 11-25-2003, 12:49 PM
Pro

I have been there for service. I still like Oakland Acura better. Pleasanton is alrite. I have gotten a loaner before but their service isnt' all that spectacular.

Went in for warranty work. They sprayed some silicon junk on my rubber door seals, outside on a windy day. Got the car back and noticed my interior had spots on the leather seats and console. I drag the advisor out there and ask them what they did to my car. They asked if my leather was like that when I bought it in. Of course not. I just had it cleaned. They took it back and cleaned my interior with Lexol after 30mins.
Old 11-25-2003, 12:55 PM
Pro

I won't go to Concord Acura. Their internet sales manager and branch manager pissed me off when I was buying my TL-S. Treating me like some punk kid not ready to buy. I walked out, they called me 20mins later offering me a better price. Told them I would return tomorrow and to get the car from a sister dealer washed and ready. Went to Stevens Creek Acura and had a great no hassle experience there. Bought the car that night and broke the news to Concord Acura 2 days later. SUCKERS!!!

If anyone is looking for a good saleperson go to Pleasanton Acura and ask for Eric Hanson. Bought my car from him when he was working for Stevens Creek but he subsequently moved to Pleasanton now. Works for me, its closer to home.
Old 11-26-2003, 02:40 AM
2nd Gear

I've been going to Sunnyvale Acura for a while now and their service has been good everytime.
Old 11-26-2003, 06:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would recommend Los Gatos Acura.
Just picked up my TLS from Los Gatos Acura. My driver side head light has moisture in it. They took it and changed the whole head light unit. No question asked. You might want to look for Bill (forgot his last name). I went to see him on two seperate issues and he took really good care of it.

I went Stevens Creek Acura once. The service is "ok".

Cheers !!!
Old 12-13-2003, 01:15 PM
Cruisin'

My experience with Stevens Creek Acura
is bad. They are more of show off than
fixing the problem and attending customers in time when needed.

Sunnyvalue accura is good, but time proved its wrong. Once I had on my 00TL
driver seat belt creek noise. Their mechanic tried to push it on me saying its leather noise. I went to his supervisor(Manager) , convinced him that its not Leather noise its Seat Belt Creek noise. He asked me to take to a Upho]olstey shop where they specialize in fixing Leather Seats as recommened by him at Acura's cost. Had test drive with him and the Upholsty guy said I cant hear any noise(surprise and funny and waste of time and frustrating). So wasted my trip and time and talking to all these un-educated folks.

Here came Santa...
Took it to Log Gatos Acura thinking they might understand my problem. Beleive it or not the Mechanic understood this issue in few minutes and he agreed to fix it. Till today I am a happy as the Creeky nose is gone now completely.
Old 12-13-2003, 01:39 PM
Cruisin'

My experience with Stevens Creek Acura
is bad. They are more of show off than
fixing the problem and attending customers in time when needed.

Sunnyvalue accura is good, but time proved its wrong. Once I had on my 00TL
driver seat belt creek noise. Their mechanic tried to push it on me saying its leather noise. I went to his supervisor(Manager) , convinced him that its not Leather noise its Seat Belt Creek noise. He asked me to take to a Upho]olstey shop where they specialize in fixing Leather Seats as recommened by him at Acura's cost. Had test drive with him and the Upholsty guy said I cant hear any noise(surprise and funny and waste of time and frustrating). So wasted my trip and time and talking to all these un-educated folks.

Here came Santa...
Took it to Log Gatos Acura thinking they might understand my problem. Beleive it or not the Mechanic understood this issue in few minutes and he agreed to fix it. Till today I am a happy as the Creeky nose is gone now completely.
Old 12-13-2003, 05:51 PM
Advanced

My car has under 4K miles and i just had it in Stevens Creek for an oil change and some cosmetic warranty work. When I went to pick up my car, there was a scratch on the trunk. They gave me a loaner and said they were going to fix it. I got the call that it was done and I asked the service writer to personally look at it to make sure that the scratch is gone. he said he did and it was perfect. Well, I got there and the scratch was no better than before. I was pissed that I made the trip after specifically asking him did he look at it. This is when I asked for the service manager, who is new to the position. He is a good guy and did everything in his power to help me out. he got me a better loaner and sent my car to their body shop. They were able to compound out the scratch and he had my car detailed. I explained to him what his service underwriter did and he said that he would take care of it. Lastly, he went into their parts dept and got some touch up paint and a treatment that goes with it for me for free. There is one guy there I would stay away from. Don't know if it is appropriate to name names but their new service manager is an ok dude!
Old 12-13-2003, 11:01 PM
Instructor

Marin and Concord dealers suck. Oakland will be the next try, for the timing belt tensioner. But, I expect my visit to be as disappointing as the others. They won’t give me a loaner, and the service writer sounds like an idiot. I do have a question, does it help to complain? I just never go back, and will likely never buy another honda product.