Ball Joints Gone!!!! Steering Tight

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 12:52 PM
Wish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ball Joints Gone!!!! Steering Tight

Guys, i was posting on another thread about my ball joints being replaced... well they finally died... not sure if this is because of my recent incident where i crash ed into the side of a curb due to bad weather and twisted my steering alignment

for all of you who would like to know the consequences... well basically the car will keep movin in the direction that the steering wheel is at and WILL NOT change until u turn the steering back... so during a regular drive, you will be CONSTANTLY steering the car left and right to keep it going straight since it DOES NOT rever back to the center.

This leads to lots and lots of arm pain, and on long drives (like i just recently did to london, about 210km) you cannot take your arm off the wheel for even a second to change the radio or your car will go OUT OF CONTROl..

YES THE CLUSTER MOD IS WORTH IT so i came here to have it done (its getting done by ONTARIOTL as this thread is being created) ....

so for all of you who have problems or thinking you might need to change it, i advise you change it asap before your handling goes to ZERO!...

i'm getting it replaced on monday, will post pics of before and after so you guys can have an idea if you need to replace urs or not...

Old 03-03-2007, 06:49 PM
I need 2 more gears

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
how much is it going to cost you? are you replacing the lower ball joints only or anything else?
Old 03-04-2007, 08:38 AM
Wish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well i'm doing it on monday so i'll let u guys know.... i should be alteast around 300$... god i hate driving the car now... it feels like a big truck... one of those huge contruction ones from MEGA BUILDERS on the discovery channel lol...

on the way back yes to toronto from london, it was crazy, especially when tryin to squeeze into narrow lanes.... this was nearly impossible as the car wouldn't stay straight and i had to make several steering attempts within those few meters just to keep the car from hittin the cars on the left and right lanes.

if its going. .fix it guys..