BAD retailer!!!--> Andysautosport

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 08:27 AM
極品インスパイア32V

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BAD retailer!!!--> Andysautosport

Hey guys, please DO NOT deal with any business with ANDYS AUTO SPORT ...beacuse they will not ship things out and will charge you twice!!!!I have ordered a Wings West rear under spoiler on Sept 19th and I still haven't received it!!!!
Every single time I call them, they almost give me the same answer..."if it doesn't ship on Firday, then it will be on Monday..."Okay, I have been hearing this kind of answer since October...
They charged me another time on the same amount on Sept 23rd and when I noticed it, I phoned them immediately. They said that you can either scan your bill and email to me or fax. Next day I faxed the statement to their office but what they told me later was we didn't have anything here. WTF????
Okay, then I did the same thing again but no reply....Therefore, at last I called my mastercard service centre and disputed the payment that was not authorized by me. After a few days, finally one of the staffs from Andysautosport phoned me that and asked me about the payment and stuff. I told them that you guys have charged me twice on the same item that I ordered and I faxed the statement to you guys aalready and did not get refunds on my next Mastercard bill. They told me that we can refund the amount to you but you have to cancel the dispute and stuff...
Well it doesn't make sense to me and I think they are telling the lie and stuff.....RIPE PEOPLE OFF!!!!
So, again, PLEASE DO NOT BUY anything from Andysautosport.
their website is www.andysautosport.com

btw...we have another memeber here called BiggyMcWang who still hasn't received the same item from them
Old 12-18-2005, 09:02 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
holy crap...
sorry to hear this...

i hope everything works out with the bills..

btw... haven't seen ya for awhile... call us out for a mini meet.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:31 AM
Meridian

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
I was about to buy from there, but I saw your posts and rants on about this place it got me scared, so I didn't do so.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:01 AM
Drifting

i would cancel the whole order immediatley, obviously they dont have your rear under spoiler, nor they never will, so get your whole payment back, or dispute the charge again, and order it from a more reputable place, sorry to hear this man, good luck
Old 12-18-2005, 11:59 AM
Hall of Famer

Dont cancel the dispute. I believe if their is a dispute against the company the company will get charged a %. Thats probably what they are trying to get out of. Don't fall for their Good luck and sorry to hear about this crap.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:04 PM
極品インスパイア32V

Originally Posted by Shiffy
Dont cancel the dispute. I believe if their is a dispute against the company the company will get charged a %. Thats probably what they are trying to get out of. Don't fall for their Good luck and sorry to hear about this crap.
Oh really? I didn't know that they will get charged due to the dispute...
Thanks for telling me that and lucky me...I didn't change my mind

So, please advice and tell people around any car forums that do not purchase anything from there....
Old 12-18-2005, 12:09 PM
アキュラ 力

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Always check the better business bureau first

You should have checked the Better Business Bureau prior to ordering, hope everything turns out ok:

BBB Reliability Report

The Better Business Bureau
Serving the Silicon Valley
700 Empey Way #110
San Jose, CA 95128

Andy's Autosport
1666 S Main St # A
Milpitas, CA 95035-6267
Telephone: (408) 263-9207
Fax: (408) 263-9526
www.andysautosport.com

The BBB reports on members and non-members. If a company is a member of the BBB, it is stated in this report
BBB Definition:

report - A summary of activity reflected in a company's BBB file. Includes basic business background, BBB membership information, and Bureau complaint activity over the previous three years. Also reports may include any known government actions, advertising issues or other information that results from activity conducted by the BBB.

Principal: Eric Ferguson , General Manager File Open Date: August 1999
TOB Classification: Auto Repair & Service
BBB Membership: This company is not a member.

Customer Experience

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record
BBB Definition:

unsatisfactory record - A company has an "unsatisfactory business performance record" with the Bureau is based on the experiences reflected in BBB files. This file condition results when the company has failed to resolve or respond to complaints, repeatedly failed to respond or resolve issues in a timely manner, failed to resolve the underlying issues for a pattern
BBB Definition:

pattern - More than 2 complaints involving the same allegations usually within 12 months that are significant in relation to the company's size and volume of business.

of complaints, failed to honor their commitment to mediate or arbitrate disputes or honor mediated agreements or arbitrated decisions, failed to substantiate, modify or discontinue false advertising claims that are challenged by the BBB, or failed to discontinue unauthorized use of the BBB name and logo, a Federally protected trademark.

with the Bureau due to failure to respond to one or more complaints and or two or more otherwise unresolved
BBB Definition:

unresolved - The company failed to resolve the complaint issues.

complaints. However the business has resolved
BBB Definition:

resolved - The company resolved the complaint issues.

most complaints presented to the bureau.

When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.

The Bureau processed a total of 153 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 153 complaints closed in 36 months, 83 were closed in the last year.

These complaints concerned:

15 Advertising Issues
BBB Definition:

Advertising Issues - Claims alleging print or electronic media advertised claims or practices misrepresent the service or product offer.

4 Sales Practice Issues
BBB Definition:

Sales Practice Issues - Claims of alleged sales presentations made in person or by telephone that contain misrepresentations of the product or service, high pressure sales practices, failure to disclose key conditions of the offer, and verbal representations not consistent with written contractual terms or agreements.

12 Delivery Issues
BBB Definition:

Delivery Issues - Claims alleging delayed delivery of ordered merchandise.

36 Guarantee or Warranty Issues
BBB Definition:

Guarantee or Warranty Issues - Claims alleging failure to honor the terms regarding guarantees or warranties.

48 Product Issues
BBB Definition:

Product Issues - Claim alleging a product does not meet the expectations of the complainant, including defective merchandise.

19 Refund or Exchange Issues
BBB Definition:

Refund or Exchange Issues - Claim of alleged failure to honor company policy or verbal commitment to provide refunds, exchanges, or credit for products or services.

1 Customer Service Issues
BBB Definition:

Service Issues - Claims of alleged delay in completing service, failure to provide promised service, inferior quality of provided service, or damaged merchandise as a result of delivery service.

BBB Definition:

Customer Service Issues - Claims alleging unsatisfactory customer service, including personnel's failure to provide assistance in a timely manner, failure to address or respond to customer dissatisfaction, unavailability for customer support, and/or inappropriate behavior or attitude exhibited by company staff.

1 Billing or Collection Issues
BBB Definition:

Billing or Collection Issues - Claim alleging billing errors, unauthorized charges, or questionable collection practices.

17 Service or Repair Issues
BBB Definition:

Repair Issues - Claims of alleged incorrect diagnosis of a problem, delay in completion of repair, inferior workmanship.

BBB Definition:

Service or Repair Issues - Claims of alleged delay in completing service, failure to provide promised service, inferior quality of provided service, damage merchandise as a result of delivery service. alleged incorrect diagnosis of a problem, delay in completion of repair, inferior workmanship.

They were closed as:

153 Resolved
BBB Definition:

Resolved - The company resolved the complaint issues.

(click on Resolved to see more details)

153 Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to the BBB.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:12 PM
Drivin' it till it dies!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Make that 3 people that had that problem. Around this time last year almost the same thing happened to me. They charged my credit card, then told me it was back-ordered, then wings west went out of business, blah blah blah. I called them and cancelled my order but it was still charged to my card. Their excuse was that it takes 2-3weeks to charge back the payment because it has to go thru accounting and what not. I still contacted my CC company just to make them aware of the situation.

Long story short, I did get my money back but it took a little while. They credited my account without actually disputing the charge with VISA. I ranted about this a while back-------wish you could have seen it first.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:14 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Fuck 'em through BBB and your credit card company. That's just not cool.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:03 PM
Instructor

I haven't received my WW rear from them either. I have already posted here before about them. I ordered mine in May, and what time is it now. They don't even reply to my e-mails anymore.
Old 12-18-2005, 03:06 PM
Advanced

Wow sorry to hear that ! i was gona buy the whole Wing West lip from them too.
Old 12-18-2005, 03:14 PM
2002 TL Type S

OMG, that's about as bad as a BBB report as you can get - especially a low volume shop like that. Yikes! :disturbed:
Old 12-18-2005, 05:04 PM
I need 2 more gears

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
sounds like this is a scam shop. they need to be sued, class action style biotch. A bunch of their dissatisfied customers that have gotten screwed should come together and sue these f'er's into chptr 11 and then go after the principle owner(if possible). Reading this thread is scary to say the least. That is the worst BBB report I have ever seen!
Old 12-18-2005, 06:31 PM
極品インスパイア32V

Originally Posted by Lazy_E
I haven't received my WW rear from them either. I have already posted here before about them. I ordered mine in May, and what time is it now. They don't even reply to my e-mails anymore.
OMG....you ordered your in May????
you should keep bugging them several times a week by phone. But I think it's kinda useless but at least they give you some hopes whenever they tell you when it will ship out.....every single time I hope they are telling the truth but....

What they told me when I placed the order by phone was "can you wait 3 weeks from now beacuse Wings West blah blah blah....." I think I misunderstand what they said to me....it supposed to be can you wait 3 months/3 years from now??
Old 12-18-2005, 07:16 PM
GO BIG OR GO HOME

Originally Posted by InspireUA5
you should keep bugging them several times a week by phone. But I think it's kinda useless but at least they give you some hopes whenever they tell you when it will ship out.....every single time I hope they are telling the truth but....

What they told me when I placed the order by phone was "can you wait 3 weeks from now beacuse Wings West blah blah blah....." I think I misunderstand what they said to me....it supposed to be can you wait 3 months/3 years from now??
I had the same thing happen to me, bought my WW rear lip in Nov. and I still haven't receive anything, no email, no call, no nothing!!!! And I am still waiting for it. I called them friday and they told me that it will be shipped on tuesday and u will reccive it within 3-5 days. Tomorrow I am going to call them again.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:31 PM
2400 Watts in a TL...Why?

You really want to have some fun with them.. Call Wings West and tell them about this situation.. If Wings West knows one of their distributors is A) getting customers solely on the Wings West name, and B) is ripping off the customers by accepting the money without shipping the product. Wings West will surely pull their distributors licence AND then you will have Wings West Co. 's lawyer contacting "andy's auto sports" to get to the bottom of this..

To both of them members that have been ripped off, I would contact your credit card companies (or paypal) and cancel payment (you may have already done that). Then get hold of a sales rep at Wings West, tell them about this situation, and hopefully they will be able to help you out.

Ideally Wings West will pull "Andy's" licence and give you his vendor's price on the parts that were not shipped out to you (providing you have had your money refunded). If you are unable get your money refunded... hopefully, but not likely, Wings West will ship out the parts you guys are missing and include the finantial loss in a suit against Andy's auto sports.

If I were to predict what was going on here.. I would say Andy's auto sport is a vendor of wings west porducts, obviously. However when they put in orders they have a minimun order ammount and/or get a discount based on the order size. They are foolishly, accepting money from people trying to get enough money to fufil their min order ammout. This is purely speculation but it is a likely story..
Old 12-18-2005, 09:28 PM
Drivin' it till it dies!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
A year ago when I tried ordering from them, I figured they were reputable, but it turns out they are not.

If you really wanted to screw them even more so, contact "Superstreet magazine", "Import Tuner", and others that have Andysautosport.com advertised in their mag. They would probably deny them a listing and pull the ads!!
Old 12-18-2005, 09:30 PM
duy
Racer

I'm pretty sure everyone here knows that VIS Racing took over Wings West. Therefore, all the manufacturing has been moved from the U.S. to VIS' factory in China. That's why WW orders are taking forever to be filled. It would be best if you call VIS directly and ask what parts they have in stock. However, they supposedly have 3 rear lips in their system, but they are not in the warehouse. (I checked myself back in September)
Old 12-18-2005, 09:53 PM
Mr. 2tone

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
sorry...but i gotta say they were awesome to me...kuz i got my WW rear for FREE!!!...i ordered...they sent the item...then credited $$ bak...lol...it was so awesome...this was around the time when WW stopped production...n the most logical answer is miscommunication...
Old 12-19-2005, 02:05 PM
Instructor

Well I wouldn't say itz a total scam, since I got 3 of the 4 pieces from them. BUT their selling practices are not very ethical. Back in late July after waiting for 2 months, I wanted to cancel my order (found a local shop that had it in their warehouse) but they finally had shipments of WW kits in. I called them saying I want my order cancelled but those douch bags wanted to charge me 13% restocking fee since they said the shipments were in, just waiting to get shipped out. Mid August I still didn't get my order so I called them and apparently they forgot to fill my order. I had to call in every other day to remind them to ship mine out until finally they shipped 3 pieces. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't of gotten anything if I didn't bug them like hell. Anyways I'm gunna hit them up again really soon and might do what Residual suggested.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:02 PM
Instructor

I don't know if it work for you but I have similar issues with other purchase on other companies. Once I called in and tell them that I am consider going to a small fund court to get my money back; they will transfer the calls to higher managers and refund the money immediately. It works so far in my case. You may wanna give it a try. Good Luck.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:35 PM
Instructor

hey guys,
I live in san jose and I work across the street from them! there warehouse is hella small!!it looked profes. for a while they had there name up and everything now its off and looks hella shity but i see hella KITS OUT IN THE LOT.
I remember when they first started in san jose they did really good custom work and now the just distru. I called them last week just to get pricing, and they told me that i could go in and pick up when it gets there. Lucky for me. if you guys need a hand just let me know ill try to help!!
Old 12-19-2005, 05:08 PM
極品インスパイア32V

hey guys...thank you very much for the comments and help...
I just phoned/ emailed to them and finally(I hope it's the final one) they emailed me back and gave me the tracking number and stuff. But then what they have promised me before was they will use Fedex service and the shipping that I paid includes the custom fee.
Now, they use Customs Companies instead of Fedex and I have to pay for custom when I receive the rear lip here. THEY ARE RIPING PEOPLE OFF !!!!!!
Fuxking Liar.............!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-19-2005, 05:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Dont drop the dispute till u get it(if u ever do). 2ndly, U shouldnt have to pay more shipping, that's bad custy service. I think i'm about to have the same problem with some Taiwanese fukker over eBay. i ordered a painted decklid spoiler for $70 brand new & painted + $15 shipping. they said 2-4 bus days & it's been over a week. they said they shipped on the 13th usps & i havent recieved sh!t yet. this is the first time i ever oredered over the net & im disappointed. they want the $$ immediateley while i'm checking the mailbox like an @S$hole. they jerk u & make u fill out mad pages to dispute the cc charges. by the way this guy has about 99% positive feedback (probly fabricated)
Old 12-19-2005, 06:48 PM
アキュラ 力

Originally Posted by ililillilillilil
I think i'm about to have the same problem with some Taiwanese fukker over eBay.
Hope the mods don't catch that one I'm not Taiwanese but that is a pretty offensive statement. Just thought I'd point that out.....
Old 12-20-2005, 02:47 AM
極品インスパイア32V

Dont drop the dispute till u get it(if u ever do). 2ndly, U shouldnt have to pay more shipping, that's bad custy service. I think i'm about to have the same problem with some Taiwanese fukker over eBay. i ordered a painted decklid spoiler for $70 brand new & painted + $15 shipping. they said 2-4 bus days & it's been over a week. they said they shipped on the 13th usps & i havent recieved sh!t yet. this is the first time i ever oredered over the net & im disappointed. they want the $$ immediateley while i'm checking the mailbox like an @S$hole. they jerk u & make u fill out mad pages to dispute the cc charges. by the way this guy has about 99% positive feedback (probly fabricated)
I know who you are talking about....
I was planning to get a painted decklip spoiler from him too...
I feel sorry to hear about this too
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PAINT...23959199QQrdZ1
the guy called xenonspecialist right?
Old 12-20-2005, 06:51 AM
ImportJunkie.net [SYTFU]

andysautosport isn't a place i'd deal with again. Ordered my Versus Lip Kit from there and they lagged and lagged on the shipping..they charged the card right away and took them bout 8weeks to ship it.. two thumbs DOWN.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:02 AM
極品インスパイア32V

Originally Posted by kspekCLS
andysautosport isn't a place i'd deal with again. Ordered my Versus Lip Kit from there and they lagged and lagged on the shipping..they charged the card right away and took them bout 8weeks to ship it.. two thumbs DOWN.
Yes exactly!!
they did charge the card right away when placing an order...!!!!!!!!!!But never ship things out even tho you are trying bugging them every single day!!!!
Old 12-20-2005, 11:40 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JPTL-S
Hope the mods don't catch that one I'm not Taiwanese but that is a pretty offensive statement. Just thought I'd point that out.....
All i meant was its someone on an island on the other side of the planet who i dont know & has my money.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:14 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by kspekCLS
what does your lip look like?
Old 12-20-2005, 04:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

how much they charged you guys + shipping for the rear lip?
Old 12-20-2005, 09:28 PM
極品インスパイア32V

hey guys...thank you very much for the comments and help...
I just phoned/ emailed to them and finally(I hope it's the final one) they emailed me back and gave me the tracking number and stuff. But then what they have promised me before was they will use Fedex service and the shipping that I paid includes the custom fee.
Now, they use Customs Companies instead of Fedex and I have to pay for custom when I receive the rear lip here. THEY ARE RIPING PEOPLE OFF !!!!!!
Fuxking Liar.............!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lucky me that I still keep the mail that one of the staffs from there called Eric replied my mail before I placed the order in Sept.

here is the mail that Eric sent to me:

>From: Eric Ferguson
>To: vincent
>Subject: Re: price for 2002 Acura TL Wings West rear lip
>Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 13:44:35 -0700 (PDT)
>
>Yes Vincent, that is all correct. The shipping fees include the duties
>because we pre-pay Fedex trade networks for the duties. It will be
>delivered using Fed Ex. Let me know if you have any other questions.
>Thanks,
>
>Eric
>
>vincent wrote:
>Hi Eric,
>
>My name is Vincent. I just called you today for the price of WIngs West
>rear
>lip for 2002 Acura TL.
>So as you said, the rear lip will be US$218 , the shipping(ship to
>Vancouver
>B.C. Canada) will be US$78 ? it comes to the total of US$296 ? is that the
>price also include the duties and taxes?
>Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what they have replied me now is
Hello Vincent,
Unfortunately sir, we will be unable to pay for the customs and duties due
to the fact that there were no promises made for such expenses.?If you have
any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us here in
the office.?Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 12-20-2005, 09:55 PM
I need 2 more gears

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
let's all go there and beat the shit out of them and take some kits(if there are any) for all the shit they have been putting members here through. these guys suck and they didn't even rip ME off!!!!
Old 12-20-2005, 10:10 PM
USDM UA5 A-Spec

I ordered on Oct. 3... about 2 weeks or so after Inspire. Today I went in to get refund or deliver my product. It's in the warehouse and arrived today at 10AM. I would hope they don't screw with me since they have pushed back the date 10+ times. I work near them too that's why I've been pushing them in person. Hopefully I can help find out where ur part is tomorrow Inspire.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:29 PM
Burning Brakes

I take it all back but it did take 10 days when they said 2-4 days. i was getting anxious cus i never ordered online before. After all, it was worth the wait. i got the deck spoiler and put it on within minutes. the fit & finish is perfect. xenonspecialist finally came through.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PAINT...QQcmdZViewItem

BTW, mine came out looking a bit better than the 1 in their example but mine's NBP. needs sum flexing
Old 12-22-2005, 04:34 PM
Instructor

The most recent replies from Andy: apparently they can't find my order in their system. WTH they shipped out 3 pieces and delete my order from their system. Anyways I e-mailed them my receipt and hoping to get a reply from them soon.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:56 PM
極品インスパイア32V

Originally Posted by Lazy_E
The most recent replies from Andy: apparently they can't find my order in their system. WTH they shipped out 3 pieces and delete my order from their system. Anyways I e-mailed them my receipt and hoping to get a reply from them soon.
Hey Lazy_E, you have to be more bitchy when you call them and ask where your product is, otherwise they won't follow your case and let you wait forever...
good luck !
Old 12-22-2005, 06:57 PM
極品インスパイア32V

I take it all back but it did take 10 days when they said 2-4 days. i was getting anxious cus i never ordered online before. After all, it was worth the wait. i got the deck spoiler and put it on within minutes. the fit & finish is perfect. xenonspecialist finally came through.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PAINT...QQcmdZViewItem

BTW, mine came out looking a bit better than the 1 in their example but mine's NBP. needs sum flexing
really? good to hear that you finally get your deck spoiler. Actually I did send at least 5 mails to him about the shipping and the pricing stuff but I never get any reply...
Old 12-23-2005, 12:38 AM
Instructor

Yah, i'm gunna see what their reply is. If they bail on me, i'm gunna go straight to my CC company to get my money back. I have receipts and everything from the 3 pieces they sent me. So lets hope everything works out okay.
Old 12-25-2005, 03:51 PM
Former Sponsor

From my experience VIS lags, period. --- AND couldn't care less about the customer.

Tai Kahn