is it bad that i dont driv emy car enough?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 05:37 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is it bad that i dont driv emy car enough?

is it bad that i dont drive my car enough...i just started wondering cause i just noticed some spider/cobwebs growing on it....a good indication that its been in the garage for ahwile...i only drive it about once or twice a week if not at all since i only have my permit so i cant really go anywhere...im just wondering if not driving it will effect anything with the engine, drivtrain or anything else...
Old 04-29-2003, 06:50 PM
President Team Lilirish

how old are u? are u a drug dealer? how could u afford that car, assumung ur a 16-17 yr old kid. and don't worry i've had my car for over a month and have only 400 miles, and most of that is from the first couple of days i've had it
Old 04-29-2003, 08:40 PM
Drifting

im 16 and my mom boguht it for me...thanx for the info...aslong as im not doing any harm...thanx
Old 04-29-2003, 08:45 PM
l33t

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just make sure you start it up and take it around the block at LEAST once a week... let her warm up n stuff... if you dont, fluids settle and oil settles, and you could get flat spots on the tires...
Old 04-29-2003, 08:56 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Y dun you let ur mom drive it a little or someone else in the family?
Old 04-29-2003, 09:20 PM
Three Wheelin'

mommy bought u that car and ure only 16? ill just nod my head and end it at that
Old 04-29-2003, 09:26 PM
USMC Butterbars

Originally posted by Eternal TL2k3
mommy bought u that car and ure only 16? ill just nod my head and end it at that
Old 04-29-2003, 09:29 PM
Banned

who gives a damn who bought who the car? i hate people like that!
Old 04-29-2003, 09:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

well u might enjoy just having things handed it to u but i have earned my way every step of the way

what satisfaction do u get that u never work for anything important in ur life
Old 04-29-2003, 09:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by str8acura
who gives a damn who bought who the car? i hate people like that!
Wurd! I agree! If u got It... Flant it ! No need to hate!
Old 04-29-2003, 09:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by anokha786
Wurd! I agree! If u got It... Flant it ! No need to hate!
OOPS i meant FlaUnt it!
Old 04-29-2003, 10:00 PM
Instructor

For real, don't hate. My dad bought me my car. I'm grateful that I even have a car to drive to school. Some people are unfortunate having to take public transportation daily.
Old 04-29-2003, 10:04 PM
Banned

well u might enjoy just having things handed it to u but i have earned my way every step of the way

thats not what im saying at all. the only people that think like that are for the most part, narrow minded. put yourself in a 16-18yr olds shoes. your parents offer you a nice car? you take it or leave it? i dont know about you, but i would definitely take it. im happy for you that you have earned it every step of the way. it goes to show that your financially stable and what not. but just because something gets handed to you doesnt make you any less of a person which is what your indirectly implying. i appreciate having the parents that i have. i appreciate them buying this car for me. i know what the value of a dollar it is and i work for my money and pay for my sh!t. as for the "what satisfaction do u get that u never work for anything important in ur life" comment, you would probably expect us young TL owners to laugh and be there like yea thats right i didnt have to do **** for my car, blah blah blah. but i for one, DO work for whats improtant. my car is not all that important to me. im not the materialistic type (seems like you are with that comment). whats important to me is me. my well being. thats what i work for. what do you work for? your car? thats sad.
Old 04-29-2003, 10:05 PM
Instructor

Sorry for the lack of serious responses to your post. Of course you need to drive it! And run the A/C regularly.

Cars, motorcycles and boats don't do well with extended periods of inactivity. Probably planes as well. Internal combustion engines and electric motors require regular exercise to lubricate gaskets and seals. Tires will flat spot if left in the same position for too long.

I suggest you give it a good run every two or three weeks at the least. My race car sits in the garage most of the time because it's not my daily driver. But still, I take it out every few weeks to blow the cobwebs out of it. I also take it on long trips of 600 miles or more. That's why I bought it.

R
Old 04-29-2003, 10:06 PM
Banned

Originally posted by R Man
Sorry for the lack of serious responses to your post. Of course you need to drive it! And run the A/C regularly.

Cars, motorcycles and boats don't do well with extended periods of inactivity. Probably planes as well. Internal combustion engines and electric motors require regular exercise to lubricate gaskets and seals. Tires will flat spot if left in the same position for too long.

I suggest you give it a good run every two or three weeks at the least. My race car sits in the garage most of the time because it's not my daily driver. But still, I take it out every few weeks to blow the cobwebs out of it. I also take it on long trips of 600 miles or more. That's why I bought it.

R
ditto... if your not gonna take it out, open the garage door (if its inside a garage) and just turn the car on to get the fluids running and press the brakes a few times and rev the engine a little bit.
Old 04-29-2003, 10:13 PM
Three Wheelin'

im not the materialistic type (seems like you are with that comment). whats important to me is me. my well being
most people in the world are materialistic... look in ur wardrobe, do you have any name brand clothes? if so, ure materialistic... brand name shoes? ure materialistic, etc etc

u call me materialistic and i agree that i am... but u say ure not, but i would think that you are
Old 04-29-2003, 10:18 PM
Banned

looks like we have different views of materialism. you didnt reply to any of my other comments... am i right?
Old 04-29-2003, 10:22 PM
Banned

oh and the way i see materialism: your materialsitic if you walk around wearing your nice clothes thinking your hot **** because you got all that money and everything you have is name brand. that is materialistic to me.
Old 04-29-2003, 10:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

oh and the way i see materialism: your materialsitic if you walk around wearing your nice clothes thinking your hot **** because you got all that money and everything you have is name brand. that is materialistic to me.
obviously different views on the word but i dont work for my car as you have assumed or insinuated. regarding your other comments, honestly i dont want this to turn into some girly whining that goes back and forth but if you want to, i can reply to them. im sure someone will say it sooner or later so ill say it before they do... if u would like to discuss my views and offer your views, feel free to drop me a PM
Old 04-29-2003, 10:33 PM
Racer

Guys....WHO CARES WHO BOUGHT IT. We should all just be happy that we get to experience the wonders of this beautiful car. I know I am. I love the TL. I will be a TLer for along time. Lets just all enjoy our cars.
Old 04-29-2003, 10:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

back to the topic..... if u drive it once a week, that wont do anything to the car.. even driving every 2 weeks wont do anything... as long as it doesnt sit and get a one inch build up of dust ure good
Old 04-29-2003, 10:49 PM
President Team Lilirish

I'll second that, anything i want or have i work for, i have a problem with accepting anything that i can't get for myself. most of the kids i knew who were given everything expected that forever, than when it came time to go into the real world they just couldn't deal with it. now if the parents want to buy their kid their first car a) it should be used b) it shouldn't be 30k c) the kid better throw in some cash.

the kid is only 16 so i doubt he could even pay his own insurance, even if he has a job. young kids are more likely to get into accidents, i did when i got my first car. but thats just my opinion.
Old 04-29-2003, 11:34 PM
Drifting

you can called me spoiled and whatever...but you cant say that i never work for anything important in my life...cause im still in the beggining of my life..i still have the rest of it to work...right now my mom wants me to concentrate in school...not work...my roll at my age is to learn anyway...so i can provide for my mom when im older...i'll porobably be buying her a car...

anyway...thanx all for the opinions...i guess i'll have to drive it more often then..you guys have comfirmed my suspicions.
Old 04-29-2003, 11:53 PM
Three Wheelin'

if ure already driving it once a week, from what most people have said, u should drive it at least once a week... driving about once a week wont do anything to ur car
Old 04-30-2003, 12:51 AM
Burning Brakes

I'm 18 now, 16 when "mommy bought me my TLS", not to spoil but to give me a safe reliable car, but most importantly they want to give me the things that "they never had". Along with this they explained to me this would be the only car that they would buy for me, and because I was able to focus on school and not work I was able to get myself into a prestigious university that I will be attending in the fall. I know it took many of you a lot of hard work to able to afford this car, and it bothers you that it was handed to some of us, but our parents worked hard to get where they are and be able to give us advantages over not as privileged kids.
Old 04-30-2003, 01:23 AM
Three Wheelin'

yeah... seems like no matter what one says, its just gonna keep going back to this pointless topic of how one obtained their car regardless of their reasoning

maybe we could start a topic in the OFF-TOPIC forum and then people can freely discuss their thoughts... i could have sworn this thread was on the frequency of starting a car and its effects
Old 04-30-2003, 08:09 AM
Banned

whatever... this is a no win situation... some people just cant face the fact that the world is changing and everyone is raised a different way. you either choose to accept it or deny it. either way, whats done is done. you can *****, moan, dicuss, do whatever you want... but nothing is going to change. us youngins are still gonna have our cars that our parents bought us. you cant say we dont deserve it cuz u really dont know anything about us. so flame on.
Old 04-30-2003, 09:46 AM
USMC Butterbars

thats not what im saying at all. the only people that think like that are for the most part, narrow minded. put yourself in a 16-18yr olds shoes. your parents offer you a nice car? you take it or leave it? i dont know about you, but i would definitely take it. im happy for you that you have earned it every step of the way. it goes to show that your financially stable and what not. but just because something gets handed to you doesnt make you any less of a person which is what your indirectly implying. i appreciate having the parents that i have. i appreciate them buying this car for me. i know what the value of a dollar it is and i work for my money and pay for my sh!t. as for the "what satisfaction do u get that u never work for anything important in ur life" comment, you would probably expect us young TL owners to laugh and be there like yea thats right i didnt have to do **** for my car, blah blah blah. but i for one, DO work for whats improtant. my car is not all that important to me. im not the materialistic type (seems like you are with that comment). whats important to me is me. my well being. thats what i work for. what do you work for? your car? thats sad.
I'm 19, i got my TL when I was 17. I paid for my car.
Old 04-30-2003, 09:48 AM
USMC Butterbars

Originally posted by njtls
you can called me spoiled and whatever...but you cant say that i never work for anything important in my life...cause im still in the beggining of my life..i still have the rest of it to work...right now my mom wants me to concentrate in school...not work...my roll at my age is to learn anyway...so i can provide for my mom when im older...i'll porobably be buying her a car...

anyway...thanx all for the opinions...i guess i'll have to drive it more often then..you guys have comfirmed my suspicions.
HOw do you RESIST driving more than once a week?????LOL.
Old 04-30-2003, 05:53 PM
Three Wheelin'

whatever... this is a no win situation... some people just cant face the fact that the world is changing and everyone is raised a different way. you either choose to accept it or deny it. either way, whats done is done. you can *****, moan, dicuss, do whatever you want... but nothing is going to change. us youngins are still gonna have our cars that our parents bought us. you cant say we dont deserve it cuz u really dont know anything about us. so flame on.
hey, im trying to end this post from degrading further... you just feel the need to keep bringing up a topic that has been beat to death in this thread.... if u really look at it, ure the one *****ing and moaning and defending urself when i dont really see the need to
Old 05-01-2003, 12:00 AM
Three Wheelin'

jesus christ. some people have better upbringings than others. its called life. its not fair but, it has nothing to do with you.
more props for the 16 yr old getting a sedan not like every other teen that wants a sports car.
Old 05-01-2003, 01:53 PM
Cruisin'

If you refill the tank less than once a month you might want to add some gas stabilizer. Today's gas doesn't hold up as well and will break down quicker. That way you won't have gummed up injectors later on.
Old 05-02-2003, 01:47 AM
Instructor

njtls, yes you should drive more, in fact gain more experience and drive safely ( You know what I mean. ; I guess that would be your parents always wanted.) If you really can't drive the car, and have to run the car, make sure you wait for the engine warmed up before you shutting it off...

:flamer: [/QUOTE]
quote:
[QUOTE]I'll second that, anything i want or have i work for, i have a problem with accepting anything that i can't get for myself. most of the kids i knew who were given everything expected that forever, than when it came time to go into the real world they just couldn't deal with it. now if the parents want to buy their kid their first car a) it should be used b) it shouldn't be 30k c) the kid better throw in some cash

Why would people want to create RULES for others? Ffor god sake, we are in America, and we have the right to live freely...
everyone chose the way they lived, I don't think that's anything wrong to receive anything from my parents, but I have choice, I choose buying a new car for my mom this year because she kind of "gave" me one when was in college ( well, even though she use to check my mileage everyday :o ). I guessed there's nothing wrong how to live one's life, like the other post here said, the parents would like to have their kid concentrated on thier schools but not went out and working @Taco Bell for car payments; they have their right to buy a 30k car to his 16 yrs old, no difference than you buying an ice cream for your 3 yrs old.

I guess my point is that there are different ways to look / approach to a same matter, yes, I do agree that some parents doesn't care about their kid and just thought buying stuff or giving out money to them, that's not right, that's spoiling, but if they let the kid knows they love 'em and that's why they do such a thing to him, and the kid on the other hand cherish their parents' commitment, and did something to appreciate their parents, there's no problem there at all.
Old 05-02-2003, 09:16 AM
Three Wheelin'

when are u getting ur license anyways? if ure not too far off, im sure ull be driving every day anyways when u get it so dont sweat it too much