Axxis Ultimates SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2004, 02:29 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Axxis Ultimates SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok i have 11500 miles on them and THEY ARE SHOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FU@& axxis ultimates! thwy are at the wear tab SQUEALING like a STUCK PIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOBODY SHOULD BUY AXIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS JUST CHAPS MY ASS
Old 07-03-2004, 09:11 AM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have them and they are good. they produce a lot of dust tho..

i have put prolly around 10-15k miles on them and they are still ok. they started squealing a bit but im not sure if it's the wear tab i'll check this afternoon..

anyone can recommend good pads that wont produce too much dust but will brake hard and not too expensive too.

thanks

@cUr@-TL
Old 07-03-2004, 09:48 AM
El Presidente

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E-B-C wha? E-B-C
Old 07-03-2004, 10:09 AM
dj5
Burning Brakes

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by @cUr@-TL

i have put prolly around 10-15k miles on them and they are still ok. they started squealing a bit but im not sure if it's the wear tab i'll check this afternoon..

anyone can recommend good pads that wont produce too much dust but will brake hard and not too expensive too.

thanks

@cUr@-TL

I have the Axxis Deluxe Plus pad. They provide good stopping power and produce very little dust.

I choose the Deluxe Plus pads over the Ultimate due to the high dusting and short life of the Ultimates.

I am very happy with these Axxis pads and would recommend them.
Old 07-03-2004, 10:52 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by dj5
I have the Axxis Deluxe Plus pad. They provide good stopping power and produce very little dust.

I choose the Deluxe Plus pads over the Ultimate due to the high dusting and short life of the Ultimates.

I am very happy with these Axxis pads and would recommend them.

I have the EBC's and couldn't be happier. Last night I had 5 big guys in my car, plus a large duffle bag in the trunk (so there was plenty of weight) and my buddies couldn't fucking believe how well those pads were biting. We were on the highway, and a few times from 140 km/h I was hitting the brakes, and they were ridiculous how fast it would slow the car down with that much weight in it.

Just goes to show that even with as much weight as I had, there is a company that can still produce awesome braking with so much weight...

I love the EBC's...just give them time to break in. At first, they dusted like a mother fucker...now they are completely dustless...I stomp on the pedal often, and there's virtually no dusting...I will definitely stick with EBC on my future cars...
Old 07-03-2004, 11:03 AM
Senior Moderator

thanks

@cUr@-TL
EBC Green Stuff. ithose are what i wanted but couldnt get them cause they were back ordered and i couldnt wait
Old 07-03-2004, 11:21 AM
Senior Moderator

actaull now im even more pissed, i just looked and i only have 9000 miles on them
Old 07-03-2004, 11:48 AM
Senior Moderator

ok well i just pulled my wheel off and they aren shot, some how the wear tab got bent in and was rubbing, but i still dont like them and am going to get rid of them in favor of the Green Stuff. the axxis produce way too much brake dust
Old 07-03-2004, 11:52 AM
El Presidente

gogogo get the GREENSTUFF!
Old 07-03-2004, 02:32 PM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

i'll guess i'll try EBC greens when my ultimates are shot.

what's the difference between EBC green and EBC red ?

@cUr@-TL
Old 07-03-2004, 05:17 PM
Show me da MONEY

I have the Axxis MetalMasters or the Ultimates I can't remember (bought with new IROTORS from the groupbuy) they give a minor squeek every now and then (not too bad). I have no complaints thus far, they do produce some minor dust.
Was wondering where the wear tab is located, anyone can take a pic that would be even better.
Old 07-03-2004, 05:37 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by muffaburn
I have the Axxis MetalMasters or the Ultimates I can't remember (bought with new IROTORS from the groupbuy) they give a minor squeek every now and then (not too bad). I have no complaints thus far, they do produce some minor dust.
Was wondering where the wear tab is located, anyone can take a pic that would be even better.
The groupbuy pads were the Metal masters...iRotors stopped carrying the ultimates because they got too many complaints about them (there's your answer kris!!! Get rid of them). The EBC's are great. They have virtually no dust, are a fairly quiet pad (although I have to apply more anti-squeal since the front right rotor always squeaks). They also never stop biting, and when I say never, I mean almost 99% of the time. I have gone on journey's where I beat the living day lights out of those brakes, and the EBC's still bite like crazy. I never get brake fade with this brake setup, especially now with the SS brake lines and Motul synthetic racing fluid, there is never any fade.
Old 07-03-2004, 05:48 PM
El Presidente

@cUr@-TL
i belive the REd are more for competition and racing.
Old 07-03-2004, 05:58 PM
Senior Moderator

@cUr@-TL
the red and black are a more aggressive pad, they are designed for racing/autocross. the are better suited to heat. and will tear up your rotors faster
Old 07-04-2004, 12:45 PM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
the red and black are a more aggressive pad, they are designed for racing/autocross. the are better suited to heat. and will tear up your rotors faster

aight i'll get the greens then.

how much do they usually go for?

@cUr@-TL
Old 07-04-2004, 01:59 PM
Phil 4:13

how much do they usually go for?
@cUr@-TL
And where is the best place to order from?
Old 07-04-2004, 03:19 PM
8th Gear

$127 for both F&R shipped, just ordered mine from Tirerack.
Old 07-04-2004, 04:20 PM
l33t

I agree with Kris here.

AXXIS PADS BLOW MONKEY ROD

I cant stand these peices of shit.

They cant stand the heat i threw at them a few weeks ago, almost slid right through an intersection there was so much fade, and god damn i hate the squeeling and dust.

Axis Ultimates AND the damn MetalMasters both S-U-C-K

Time for EBC.
Old 07-04-2004, 07:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Darkshear
I agree with Kris here.

AXXIS PADS BLOW MONKEY ROD

I cant stand these peices of shit.

They cant stand the heat i threw at them a few weeks ago, almost slid right through an intersection there was so much fade, and god damn i hate the squeeling and dust.

Axis Ultimates AND the damn MetalMasters both S-U-C-K

Time for EBC.
Old 07-04-2004, 08:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the green pads on my Jeep (ordered from tirerack.com) and they squeel like crazy too. So, not sure which one is the best.... may be stock pads ?
Old 07-04-2004, 10:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by drcookie
I have the green pads on my Jeep (ordered from tirerack.com) and they squeel like crazy too. So, not sure which one is the best.... may be stock pads ?
put the anti squeal on the back of them, mine never did!
Old 07-05-2004, 08:38 AM
Instructor

one thing I have to point out is that, I wondered, if any of you experienced brake fade off a fairly new pads... Did you bed-in the brake pads properly??

All pads will have green fade, and it's the out gasing released from the pad compound as they finally 'heat up', if you already did a proper bed-in procedures, you would have experiened one or even couple times green fade, and after that they will not fade anymore...

I don't like the axxis (the dusting) either, but on the street, I could never experienced any problem on my nsx. I tracked the car 2 times with that pads, at the end of my second track day (which I drove at much higher speed), I only experienced a little brake performance decrease, and the brake starting to get a little unpredictable (not quite good when 140-60 at the end of stragiht, and another 100 down to 35mph downhill I can assure you that if your TL-S is stock, you are nowhere pushing them as hard at streetdriving.. My nsx brakes still fine after the track days.. ONLY they dusted a lot, with slotted rotors, they only put more dust on my wheels... yeah, that's get annoying...

Something about brake pads is that if you want to have high mileage your pads are not going to be as grippy, and if you modified to slotted rotors, your pad life is supposingly less than conventional rotors... with around $100 an axle, I don't think there's much to bitch about...

BTW, leave the stock pads at the back for money-saving, better parking brake grip...etc... since your front brakes are responsible for more than 80% of the braking.
Old 07-05-2004, 08:49 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by NSXDreamer
one thing I have to point out is that, I wondered, if any of you experienced brake fade off a fairly new pads... Did you bed-in the brake pads properly??

All pads will have green fade, and it's the out gasing released from the pad compound as they finally 'heat up', if you already did a proper bed-in procedures, you would have experiened one or even couple times green fade, and after that they will not fade anymore...

I don't like the axxis (the dusting) either, but on the street, I could never experienced any problem on my nsx. I tracked the car 2 times with that pads, at the end of my second track day (which I drove at much higher speed), I only experienced a little brake performance decrease, and the brake starting to get a little unpredictable (not quite good when 140-60 at the end of stragiht, and another 100 down to 35mph downhill I can assure you that if your TL-S is stock, you are nowhere pushing them as hard at streetdriving.. My nsx brakes still fine after the track days.. ONLY they dusted a lot, with slotted rotors, they only put more dust on my wheels... yeah, that's get annoying...

Something about brake pads is that if you want to have high mileage your pads are not going to be as grippy, and if you modified to slotted rotors, your pad life is supposingly less than conventional rotors... with around $100 an axle, I don't think there's much to bitch about...

BTW, leave the stock pads at the back for money-saving, better parking brake grip...etc... since your front brakes are responsible for more than 80% of the braking.
yes mine were bedded in properly. i too have gone to track days (Road America) and they suck. once hot they just loose there bite. the stock pads did a better job with heat. green stuff in my eyes are far superrior