autocross in okc anyone???

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2002, 08:08 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
autocross in okc anyone???

yes, today by luck, chance, fate or whatever you want to call it...i will be participating at an autocross event here in oklahoma city. i am up here visiting inlaws and i browsed the net looking for anything to do(if youve been to okc, you know what i mean)

no such luck, just an auto show of the latest cars coming out, but i wasnt interested. well, searching okc and autocross netted me a local corvette club and one phone call confirmed that there would be an organized autox event on sunday.

At $10, i jumped at the chance...so im off to that in about 30 mins...are you in this area? wanna ck out some cool cars? i was told the local porche, viper and corvette club would be out here. so im hoping to see some pretty good action, and of course i will try to represent tls as best as possible

Sheriff's Training Course
OKC, OK
Old 03-11-2002, 09:48 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh well...mostly nice cars were present, w/only a few old corvettes, one cadillac sts and a buzzing civic. 5 or 6 vipers including an r/t and a gts!

porsches galore, including a boxster s dropped w/aftermarket crossdrilled rotors and pzero's as well as a stock carrera 4

corvettes, lots of c5's and two z06s...ready to be flogged

got to see one of the porsche drivers get haughty and manage to get his car airborne as he exited the course on a tight turn...jajajaja

also, the gts did s 360 on the tightest turn of the course during his second run.

as for me...i managed to stay on the course and not do too bad, although i almost managed to lose control too on that same turn.